Another board upgrade down the road

no1tovote4 said:
I rarely give neg rep. It takes quite an amazing troll to get me to go there. So, it isn't from me!

Don't lie - it's ALL from you.

:D

I usually get neg-rep when somebody is pissed off at me; not so much for my posts.

dilloduck said:
Is there anyone stupid enough to give neg rep to anyone with an enormously high rep anymore?
Yes, although I wouldn't call it stupid.

jimnyc said:
I'm not sure I see where the 2 are related. Freedom of speech and freedom to express your views won't be limited in any way, unless of course you break the written rules. I'm sure you can see the difference between expressing your political view and breaking rules that have nothing to do with your views and/or expressions. The rules are there to ensure chaos doesn't ruin the threads or forums, not to limit ones views or opinion.

You'd be pretty hard pressed to find a single instance where I have ever repped someone for a "republican" view. You'll be just as hard pressed to find an instance where I neg repped someone for a dem/lib point of view. I have repped before for intelligent, well thought out posts and reserve my negative reps for those that are inciting rather than debating. Of course others use it more or less as a game, but then again the rep system has no official bearing on anything on the board, it's there for 'amusement' only.

Please don't try to make more out of things then there are, or try to insinuate things about the board owner based on decisions that are thought to make the board a better place.

Don't get me wrong... not that you need to prove anything to me, but you have proven that this board is open to all points of view. It's nice to be on a board where the conservatives aren't allowed to ban people because they're being out-debated on the issues. Took a while to find one like this... a long while... what you've made here is a great thing. I don't have to be an apologetic "Alan Colmes" style liberal just to stay here. If I thought I did, I'd have never signed up for an account.

jasendorf said:
Don't get me wrong... not that you need to prove anything to me, but you have proven that this board is open to all points of view. It's nice to be on a board where the conservatives aren't allowed to ban people because they're being out-debated on the issues. Took a while to find one like this... a long while... what you've made here is a great thing. I don't have to be an apologetic "Alan Colmes" style liberal just to stay here. If I thought I did, I'd have never signed up for an account.

yet you continue with that whiney signature which screams "I have neg rep cuz my views are different" when that's pretty far from what you're saying you believe now?

dmp said:
yet you continue with that whiney signature which screams "I have neg rep cuz my views are different" when that's pretty far from what you're saying you believe now?

I never said anything of the sort... I firmly believe that jimnyc isn't going to endorse banning me for my views. That has absolutely nothing to do with how I'm supposedly "earning" my rep. As I think has been stated in the thread... rep points have nothing to do with banning... man, you should be a mod dmp.

jasendorf said:

:thup:

jasendorf said:
I never said anything of the sort... I firmly believe that jimnyc isn't going to endorse banning me for my views. That has absolutely nothing to do with how I'm supposedly "earning" my rep. As I think has been stated in the thread... rep points have nothing to do with banning... man, you should be a mod dmp.

He is an Admin....

Anyway, I have presented examples of "progressives" with pos-rep. Bully isn't even close to an Alan Colmbs style apologetic "progressive"....

It isn't your opinion that earns negrep....

jasendorf said:

It has everyting to do with it, cupcake. You praise Jim for 'finally having a place where you can disagree' then you lament in your signature saying your neg rep is about you 'being different' - I suppose that's true. You're a bit of an ass when you share your opinion. Read my sig. That's what ppl see when they see your neg rep; Nobody with more than half a brain sees your neg rep and thinks "wow! what a MAVERICK! what a Free-thinker!!"

I was a mod for awhile.

jasendorf said:
And, I've fixed my signature so that there is no question as to what it means.

What about your bitchy little "My sig sucked; a moderator asked me to change it so I did, but I'm not man enough to leave it alone - I have to drag it out with my stupid little comment about hurting feelings. In truth, I was being an ass, got called on it, and don't have scrote enough to accept it"

Forum List

Back