Another board upgrade down the road

jasendorf said:
I never said anything of the sort... I firmly believe that jimnyc isn't going to endorse banning me for my views. That has absolutely nothing to do with how I'm supposedly "earning" my rep. As I think has been stated in the thread... rep points have nothing to do with banning... man, you should be a mod dmp.
While there certainly are people on this board who will neg-rep anyone who doesn't agree with their view (especially gay debates), and I'm sure it's happened to you, for the most part you get neg repped for being a smarmy ass and then getting all Waco when someone calls you on it.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
The ClayTaurus said:
While there certainly are people on this board who will neg-rep anyone who doesn't agree with their view (especially gay debates), and I'm sure it's happened to you, for the most part you get neg repped for being a smarmy ass and then getting all Waco when someone calls you on it.

I've only been dinged in retaliation, and I've only dinged three times that I can remember. Frankly, I like reading the comments just for the comments - I could care less about the rep points.

I've dinged those that dinged me for not agreeing with them. Oh my! Interesting how they often are the biggest whiners and the most retalitory. I've dinged those that I felt were trolls/pot stirrers. I've dinged those that I think are baiting me or others. I would guess that I've positived repped 99 out of 100 in the long run, including some of the whiners. Interestingly enough, they never repped me afterwards in return. ;)

Problem for me is that while others with many points, (more than me), also have dinged, for some reason complaints towards mine are voiced loudly and repeatedly. Funny thing is, we all have the right and ability to use the way we wish. Since men out number women by a very large % on the board, I figure the whiners are anti-women. :dunno: See, if they also bitched, baited, and complained about the men, especially mods/admin that dinged them, I'd say, 'ok, they just don't like being dinged.' That's not how it has worked, however.

Jim is not a dictator, as J noted, rep has zilch to do with banning or anything else.

Kathianne said:
I've dinged those that dinged me for not agreeing with them. Oh my! Interesting how they often are the biggest whiners and the most retalitory. I've dinged those that I felt were trolls/pot stirrers. I've dinged those that I think are baiting me or others. I would guess that I've positived repped 99 out of 100 in the long run, including some of the whiners. Interestingly enough, they never repped me afterwards in return. ;)

Problem for me is that while others with many points, (more than me), also have dinged, for some reason complaints towards mine are voiced loudly and repeatedly. Funny thing is, we all have the right and ability to use the way we wish. Since men out number women by a very large % on the board, I figure the whiners are anti-women. :dunno: See, if they also bitched, baited, and complained about the men, especially mods/admin that dinged them, I'd say, 'ok, they just don't like being dinged.' That's not how it has worked, however.

Jim is not a dictator, as J noted, rep has zilch to do with banning or anything else.

Male conspiracy against you?

Kathianne said:

I've only heard trolls and troble makes whine about neg rep. Well cept for one other member..anyway.

Mr. P said:
I've only heard trolls and troble makes whine about neg rep. Well cept for one other member..anyway.

I'd be intersted to see if someone just joined to see how fast they could get rep points. It's gotta be an art that some kook would try to perfect !:laugh:

dilloduck said:
I'd be intersted to see if someone just joined to see how fast they could get rep points. It's gotta be an art that some kook would try to perfect !:laugh:
Yep...just thought of something...No Mod should be able to give or recieve rep. whatda think? They're pose to be nutural, right?

Mr. P said:
Yep...just thought of something...No Mod should be able to give or recieve rep. whatda think? They're pose to be nutural, right?

Run it by Jim. I could see pros and cons to it, but it's not a big deal to me.

5stringJeff said:
Run it by Jim. I could see pros and cons to it, but it's not a big deal to me.
I think that would be unfair. Not running it by Jim, but not having ability to rep or ding. Look at the rep of mods, runs the gamut.

Mr. P said:
Where does it say we have to be neutral in our pov? As for moderating, agreed. :beer:

Kathianne said:
Where does it say we have to be neutral in our pov? As for moderating, agreed. :beer:
It's the moderating part I was thinking of..the image, if you will..A neutral party with power to ban, close etc...but not approve disaprove on a personal level.

I think it would strengthen the position really.

Mr. P said:
It's the moderating part I was thinking of..the image, if you will..A neutral party with power to ban, close etc...but not approve disaprove on a personal level.

I disagree. We are not paid to do this. To tell the truth, it can be a headache at times. For those of us that do moderate, we are villified in a way that wouldn't happen to others of the same take and positions.

As for the difference in how some members deal with mods of either sex, I could well be wrong, but I've noted how some deal with neg rep from males and females.

In any case, moderating should not take away our rights/privileges.

Kathianne said:
I disagree. We are not paid to do this. To tell the truth, it can be a headache at times. For those of us that do moderate, we are villified in a way that wouldn't happen to others of the same take and positions.

As for the difference in how some members deal with mods of either sex, I could well be wrong, but I've noted how some deal with neg rep from males and females.

In any case, moderating should not take away our rights/privileges.
You know, what you just said is, I don't get paid so I want power.
It's a headache, so I want power. I am sometimes villified, so I want power.

A Mod Shouldn't be about power,IMO. Only about keeping order. I think if a Mod seeks power they're wrong for the job. Just my opinion.

And hey, you could always quite if things just aren't how ya want them, or ask for a raise, Right?:)

The ClayTaurus said:
ANYWAYS

Whatever happened to awarded posts? Did they get downsized?

Another good catch but Darin was ahead of you. It was also lost during the upgrade bit will reappear down the road.

Mr. P said:

Give everyone the same rep POWER and keep it constant. It would more accurately reflect the general reaction to specific posters.

Forum List

Back