Another benefit of Liberal's New Green Deal. Exploding Electric Vehicles.

A plane crashed. All aviation proven to be unreliable and dangerous.
EVs with L-I batteries are shitty technology for many reasons.

The fact that they explode and catch fire when flooded is just one of them.

Cars have been around for 100 years...and they still explode sometimes.

Electric cars have been around less than 20
L-I batteries are a tremendously more fire risk than any ICE engine.

However, having an increased fire risk is not a deal breaker in itself but when you look at all the other reasons that L-I vehicle technology is shitty then it is easy to come to the conclusion that only morons buy them.

While it's easy to seize on any bad news about EVs to serve larger political goals of sandbagging the industry in favor of backing up Big Oil, it’s not just EVs at risk of spontaneous ignition.

“While lithium-ion battery fires are nasty and dangerous, calculating the risk they pose to drivers presents a somewhat different picture,” writes Shultz. “A 2017 report [PDF] from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, concluded that…’the propensity and severity of fires and explosions from the accidental ignition of flammable electrolytic solvents used in Lithium-ion battery systems are anticipated to be somewhat comparable to or perhaps slightly less than those for gasoline or diesel vehicular fuels. The overall consequences for Lithium-ion batteries are expected to be less because of the much smaller amounts of flammable solvent released and burning in a catastrophic failure situation.’”

TL;DR gasoline is also flammable. Not to mention, internal combustion engines also have batteries.

Lithium battery fires are MUCH worse than fuel fires.

This sort of attack on EV's is the same thing, logically, as saying that because some Guatemalan knifed a bunch of people in Las Vegas yesterday, all Guatemalans should be deported. There are a LOT of EV's that were flooded in Florida last week. A couple of them caught fire. So what?

I really don't get it. Just because the President and his minions are pushing EV's doesn't mean they are harmful or stupid.
Not at all. But forcing it is harmful and stupid.

And here we are.

Yet another environmental hazard the MMGW Cult didn't anticipate.

When EVs are flooded they tend to explode and burn so it is really hard to put out the fire.

Nice job "saving" the planet, Greenies.

EV's are not designed to operate as boats!

Forum List

Back