Anomaly or Average... it makes a difference on how you view AGW..

The whole point of this thread is how one views the warming. IF you look at the moving average graph it appears to be warming very fast. When you look at the STANDARDISED GRAPH it is not unusual or alarming. IT is a slow upward trend that has now plateaued and is now beginning to fall. There is no fear generated by the standardized graphing. The Data is from GISS/NOAA/NWS source. The argument is simply how it is displayed. One is deceptive and drives fear. One does not and is scientifically based.

Two charts... The same data...

That you actually think it matters wherer that data came from is absolutely PATHETIC. That Billy Boy thinks plotting data on a large enough scale to hide the trend MEANS SOMETHING other than to tell us he's as stupid as a fucking ROCK is astroNOMically PATHETIC.
If you've been arguing with them for that long then you must have figured out that a lot of the most active deniers seem to be aware of the fact that they're full of shit. Some of them are just stupid, but others are intentionally obtuse, misleading and outright dishonest.

Weird...

If you've been arguing with them for that long then you must have figured out that a lot of the most active deniers seem to be aware of the fact that they're full of shit. Some of them are just stupid, but others are intentionally obtuse, misleading and outright dishonest.

Weird...
Yes, but the effect is the same. I like to say that I argue for the watchers who might actually come here to learn something.

It does, doesn't it. But the OP is still the stupidest post I've seen here in ages full of stupid posts. If your wife wants to lose weight, all she has to do is stand further away from you.
You’re not very witty.

Perhaps. But, more importantly, the OP is not very intelligent and has no compunction about lying to us.
I mean, in his defense it's kind of hard to maintain that position while telling the truth. Haha

Who butters their bread?
Who can we trust if not scientists? If the entire scientific community has been hijacked to the point a lie that big could fly in science, then we are fucked anyway. That's not the case though. I think a lot of deniers really don't understand peer review, or even science in general.

Last edited:
Who can we trust if not scientists? If the entire scientific community has been hijacked to the point a lie that big could fly in science, then we are fucked anyway.
Mankind existed for thousands upon thousands of years without scientists. Intelligence doesn't require titles.

Mankind existed for thousands upon thousands of years without scientists. Intelligence doesn't require titles.
Intelligence doesn't make you immune to ignorance. You are not a climate scientist and that is relevant whether you accept it or not. I don't think you're a stupid person, but true scientists also tend to be brilliant, and they have far, far more experience with the subject. They're smarter than you and they know a lot more about the subject than you could ever hope to. That's their job. You may not be stupid, but you're breathtakingly arrogant.

Intelligence doesn't make you immune to ignorance.
Neither does the title "scientist".
You are not a climate scientist and that is relevant whether you accept it or not. I don't think you're a stupid person, but true scientists also tend to be brilliant, and they have far, far more experience with the subject. They're smarter than you and they know a lot more about the subject than you could ever hope to.
Ever hear of the debate fallacy called "appeal to authority"?
You may not be stupid, but you're breathtakingly arrogant.
Thanks!

Ever hear of the debate fallacy called "appeal to authority"?
There is nothing wrong with appealing to authority when we're talking about scientists and scientific institutions worldwide agreeing on an issue. It would be a process to even understand much of the research because we lack so much contextual knowledge, because we are not researching the climate for a living.

The only thing they even debate on anymore is the scale. There really aren't any active scientists publishing research and saying AGW isn't happening. I think this is just political for most of you. You'll warp reality into whatever contorted shape it has to be in in order for you to never accept it. You'll even go as far as getting your news from a politically motivated blogger website.

There is nothing wrong with appealing to authority
I didn't say there was. I just said it's a commonly recognized debate fallacy. Look it up if you don't believe me.
I think this is just political for most of you.
Political in the sense that I like liberty and don't want to be told what to do. The climate changes. I don't believe mankind has any significant effect on it, regardless of the opinions of others.

Who can we trust if not scientists? If the entire scientific community has been hijacked to the point a lie that big could fly in science, then we are fucked anyway. That's not the case though. I think a lot of deniers really don't understand peer review, or even science in general.
fetch

I didn't say there was. I just said it's a commonly recognized debate fallacy. Look it up if you don't believe me.
I am well aware of the desperate defenses of the AGW deniers.
Political in the sense that I like liberty and don't want to be told what to do. The climate changes. I don't believe mankind has any significant effect on it, regardless of the opinions of others.
Meh. Good thing your opinion doesn't matter.

I am well aware of the desperate defenses of the AGW deniers.
Meh. Good thing your opinion doesn't matter.
Your opinions hold the same weight as mine. No need to be a dick just because we disagree.
You do you, I’ll do me.
The only time we’ll have a problem is when you think your dogma/virtue signaling should control my actions.

Forum List

Back