Animal Killers Japan

midcan5

liberal / progressive
Jun 4, 2007
America
And yet Americans still support Japan by buying their autos and other products? Animal lovers in America are outraged if an Animal is mistreated and yet they fail to help in this important issue. And to top it off, Americans complain about deficits and social security solvency as they support Japanese union workers and their universal healthcare. Sometimes I think that idiot Donald Trump has a point even when it isn't certain he means it. Americans buy a Prius to salve their conscience and save the earth, maybe they should do something substantive instead.

Japanese Fleet Kills 333 Whales In The Antarctic

Support America: 2015

The Level Field Institute

"The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) was the door through which American workers were shoved into the neoliberal global labor market.... By establishing the principle that U.S. corporations could relocate production elsewhere and sell back into the United States, NAFTA undercut the bargaining power of American workers, which had driven the expansion of the middle class since the end of World War II. The result has been 20 years of stagnant wages and the upward redistribution of income, wealth and political power."

NAFTA’s Impact on U.S. Workers

Last edited:
As if animals aren't killed en masse every year in the USA.

How Many Animals Are Killed Each Year for Human Use?

"According to Farm Animal Rights Movement, approximately 10 billion land animals are killed every year for food in the United States, and 58 billion are killed worldwide."

The US kills one in every 5.8 animals. For a population that is 1/23 of the world's population and kills 1/5.8 of the world's animals, to then come out and complain about Japan is like Hitler complaining about Pol Pot.

That sea Shepherd guy brought their whaling industry to its knees. The idea was, if you harrass them enough that they catch no whales in a season then you bankrupt that company. He bankrupted heaps. He even rammed one ship in an international harbour and sunk it. Total mother fucker.

And yet Americans still support Japan by buying their autos and other products? Animal lovers in America are outraged if an Animal is mistreated and yet they fail to help in this important issue. And to top it off, Americans complain about deficits and social security solvency as they support Japanese union workers and their universal healthcare. Sometimes I think that idiot Donald Trump has a point even when it isn't certain he means it. Americans buy a Prius to salve their conscience and save the earth, maybe they should do something substantive instead.

Japanese Fleet Kills 333 Whales In The Antarctic

Support America: 2015

The Level Field Institute

"The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) was the door through which American workers were shoved into the neoliberal global labor market.... By establishing the principle that U.S. corporations could relocate production elsewhere and sell back into the United States, NAFTA undercut the bargaining power of American workers, which had driven the expansion of the middle class since the end of World War II. The result has been 20 years of stagnant wages and the upward redistribution of income, wealth and political power."

NAFTA’s Impact on U.S. Workers

Report: Norway Now Kills More Whales Than Japan and Iceland Combined

And yet Americans still support Japan by buying their autos and other products? Animal lovers in America are outraged if an Animal is mistreated and yet they fail to help in this important issue. ....

:lmao:

Whale = good eats

They also kill dolphins in the most indescribable manner ever imaginable. I watched the video of it around 5 years ago, and it still haunts me.

Opinion: How hunters slaughter dolphins in Japan - CNN.com
How Hunters Slaughter Dolphins in Japan
by Carl Safina
Jan 28, 2014

Academic papers tend to be dull, but I just read one that disturbed me. "A Veterinary and Behavioral Analysis of Dolphin Killing Methods Currently Used in the 'Drive Hunt' in Taiji, Japan," was published last year in the Journal of Applied Animal Welfare Science.

And as we'll see below, the "new" method of killing dolphins (intended to be an improvement on the old method) creates such terror and pain that it would be illegal to kill cows in this manner under Japanese law itself. The paper is viewable free online, but it's not for the faint-hearted.

The video I watched was a different one than is mentioned in the article. The one I saw had the dolphins flopping around in a warehouse, with hunters sinking knives into the dolphins below their heads.
Several veterinarians and behavioral scientists who watched a covertly recorded video wrote, "This killing method . ... would not be tolerated or permitted in any regulated slaughterhouse process in the developed world."

Last edited:
Whale = good eats

They also kill dolphins in the most indescribable manner ever imaginable. I watched the video of it around 5 years ago, and it still haunts me.

Opinion: How hunters slaughter dolphins in Japan - CNN.com
How Hunters Slaughter Dolphins in Japan
by Carl Safina
Jan 28, 2014

Academic papers tend to be dull, but I just read one that disturbed me. "A Veterinary and Behavioral Analysis of Dolphin Killing Methods Currently Used in the 'Drive Hunt' in Taiji, Japan," was published last year in the Journal of Applied Animal Welfare Science.

And as we'll see below, the "new" method of killing dolphins (intended to be an improvement on the old method) creates such terror and pain that it would be illegal to kill cows in this manner under Japanese law itself. The paper is viewable free online, but it's not for the faint-hearted.

The video I watched was a different one than is mentioned in the article. The one I saw had the dolphins flopping around in a warehouse, with hunters sinking knives into the dolphins below their heads.
Several veterinarians and behavioral scientists who watched a covertly recorded video wrote, "This killing method . ... would not be tolerated or permitted in any regulated slaughterhouse process in the developed world."

Ever see a chicken, a cow, or a pig slaughtered?

Forum List

Back