Angel In Blonde Hair.

Our area is dealing with over population of deer...private development has driven the deer down the mountain combined with several areas outlawing deer hunting...i use to work with a dude who kept deer...he would rehab the fawns..he did this till they over regulated it..i considered a deer farm for deer urine but i really cant stand the smell...deer are wonderful creatures we have 3 fawns and 3 does...one of the does does not have a fawn ...one had twins the other a single birth...we dont harvest

my son will harvest 4 deer to stock his freezer for the winter...his business not mine

you see them and think o they are so sweet and gentle....you bottle feed one..they become demons who can knock you over

I have never heard of any commercial deer farms in Washington state either. Most deer reside on farmers agricultural acreage as the creatures have figured out that they are safe from hunters on the privately owned farmsteads. They also score on the crops on the stalk(barley/oats mostly in this area) as well as they have access to our livestock water troughs 24/7. Sure, we lose some crops to them when they bed down in our alfalfa fields & hit the grain crops in field but that just comes with the overhead of crop farming. In all reality regarding our deer in this area anyway, the deer are somewhat semi-domesticated @ least. During winter time when one is traveling down the back roads in the mornings & see folks pouring MOBC/oats or whatever in a feed manger/pans or right on the deck with 15/20 or more deer hitting the feed as soon as it is poured out, it stands to reason that the deer have lost their fear of their providers & are simple farm pets.

Below is a vid of elk crossing Short Rd. about 2-1/2 miles from my acreage;

The elk are residing in the farmers fields but as one can plainly see the herd of elk are completely wild. Where the elk are transient seasonally the White-Tailed deer are permanent residents. The White-Tailed deer herds that navigate across & live upon my acreage have been on property since 1977, meaning they are semi-domesticated multi generational herd(s).

Development has overrun former acreage that deer lived in. Low applications for deer tags have shot the deer populations to an all time record in certain areas of our USA. In Spokane Wa. the deer can be seen in the very heart of downtown Spokane. Below, early morning image taken of downtown Spokane @ the intersection of Stevens St. & Main Ave.;

Deer are becoming a common sight in Spokane, ESPECIALLY the north side. From the east side(Mule deer), north side(White-Tailed deer), west side(Mulies again) & south side(Mulies once more). The increase in deer within urban & city areas looks to also be fueled by their slaughter by those savage wolves which decimate the herds fawns. Deer know they stand a better chance of survival against the dreaded wolves in built up areas where humans reside in mass. Hopefully the wolves can be hunted down to the extinction level to help save America's wildlife from becoming extinct.

Even in the vast sagebrush deserts of America's mid-west the wild deer eventually respond in kind to gestures of human kindness;

& deer NEVER FORGET one of their own, even if one is "adopted" into their herd by them;

Even the Russian folks take in wounded/disabled fawns/deer for pets. Below is a super cute lil "Roe Doe" which obviously makes the perfect indoor/outdoor pet for that family due to her playful nature & small physical size;

Here in America we have another blonde angel but this one has a wild herd of 20+WORLD CLASS Mulies that are domesticated to her & her only. Cabin Squirrel's site is one of only two sites in our online international Deer Whispering Community that I rate as A Five Star site due to the overall theme(too much to list it all here). Here one will meet Beverly & her son lil Bently, Oscar, Duke, Broken dEAR(can't miss this one!) & too many others to list. Squirrel also features the sweetest, shy & cutest fawn ever conceived, LIL BUSTER(check out those ears!). The squirrel scored a first as the only Deer Whisperer that operates a DEER DRIVE THRU! Below is Beverly & her son lil Bently with other members of the herd lining up for lunch!

Below, as cute as they come!

BUSTER - Tiniest Buck EVER!!!ðâ¤ï¸ð¦#deerwhisperer #deerfeed #deer

As one can see, the deer whether fully domesticated indoor/outdoor deer to semi-domesticated deer the connection between deer & human builds a super strong emotional bond between both species.

Do humans take deer for their pets, or do deer take humans for their pets??? You tell me after viewing the below vids!(these are NOT 'staged' vids!).

Friendly Deer Hangs Out During Dove Hunt

âYou seen any does bro?â #deer #hunting

Deer Makes Friend With Hunter

Deer, mans best friend like to know em is to luv em!!!

Right......I don't think there are any commercially farmed herds of either deer or elk in WA. But as their wild habitat shrinks and farms are easy food sources, they do become frequent visitors, if not permanent residents. They are still considered 'wild' because they do have the option to come and go as they wish where commercial farms do have tall enough fences to keep them in and are purposely fed to fatten them up and grow a better rack for hunters that pay for the experience and are usually guaranteed a 'prize' buck or bull

I'm on the West side in Puget Sound area and there are alot here as well. My late husband was a hunter of both deer and elk and IIRC, you aren't supposed to 'bait' them with food intentionally left for that purpose making it easier to hunt them.

Right......I don't think there are any commercially farmed herds of either deer or elk in WA. But as their wild habitat shrinks and farms are easy food sources, they do become frequent visitors, if not permanent residents. They are still considered 'wild' because they do have the option to come and go as they wish where commercial farms do have tall enough fences to keep them in and are purposely fed to fatten them up and grow a better rack for hunters that pay for the experience and are usually guaranteed a 'prize' buck or bull

I'm on the West side in Puget Sound area and there are alot here as well. My late husband was a hunter of both deer and elk and IIRC, you aren't supposed to 'bait' them with food intentionally left for that purpose making it easier to hunt them.
Correct you are as the White-Tailed deer in our area have it pretty good for sure, & yes they are DEFINITELY permanent residents and are well looked after. Now, with the wolves stalking the elk herds the elk are taking shelter on our farms. We can't by law drop a wolf for attacking other wild creatures but we can certainly put a few rounds into the ground right in front of one of them to scare them off of an attack! YES, our 'wild' deer may be semi-domesticated &/or wild but they are absolutely free to travel/stay & just live their lives as they please. All us farmers do is keep an eye on them in case of mishaps & lean times. To this day I still carry my wire/staple pliers & a fawn in distress call(fawn bleat) in vehicle so I can call in does just in case I encounter a fawn(adults also) caught in the wire. Our wire perimeter fences are generally 50" to 54" tall @ max so our deer can clear them easily.

You are very blessed to be west of the mountains! Over there where you are residing @ current you have what me & many others consider the ultimate in the family Cervidae, those drop dead gorgeous Black-Tailed deer! The B-T deer come in two models, the model you have in your vicinity are called "Columbian Black-Tailed Deer". Their 'sculptured' & highly refined facial features put them a cut above the rest in their class regarding sheer beauty. The CBT deer are what came with the farmstead my oldest sis & her hubby purchased down in Redland Oregon like we hit the jackpot with that 'pre-domesticated' herd! Take a look @ the first face you come across in the link below to see WHY the CBT deer are often referred to as "Super Exotics"!

If there could/can be a face that can compare or outdo the CBT deer it has to be SBT deer like check out the doe & her fawn in the below link;

If U R interested in getting close to one of these CBT beauties but find the doe elusive to your circular hand motion(arm extended out with index finger pointing to her eyes, then bend hand so the outside of your fingers are facing the doe & pull your hand back to your ribcage with open palm facing you). Keep it up just like you were signaling a pooch to come to you all the while lip pursing & sucking in the air between your lips(like you do when you give someone a smooch on the cheek). Deer DO recognize this hand signal as "come to me". Keep up the pursed lips smooching sound. If she turns her head away from you to keep walking away from you her ears will be rotated back towards you for best sound reception & head slightly angled so she has you in her peripheral vision.

Sit down on the deck & fold your legs crisscrossed so you appear as physically small as you can to her(DEER ARE EXTREMELLY AWARE OF CREATURES BIGGER THAN THEM!). Reach into your purse or jacket pocket & pull out the plastic jar of Great Value(Wally World) Honey Roasted Peanuts. The jar needs to be NOT more than 3/4 full of the honey roasted peanuts so when you shake the jar she can pick up the rattle sound with maximum clarity. When you sit down this should get her attention @ least somewhat for what was taller/bigger than her is now both shorter & smaller than her. If she has been fed before like out of a bag or such she will notice that rattle sound of the peanuts in the jar. If not she will still be curious about what you have in your hands. One can do the same with a bag of Fritos.

In the fist video notice the height/size of the kids to this cute lil doe. The kids are taller than the doe but not enough to scare her away.

Notice the height /size of these kids to their lil buddy. Even the height/size of the dad failed to frighten the cute lil guy like deer like to play(one can see it in his eyes) as much as we do! If you don't believe it check out these two cute little tykes below TO BECOME A BELIEVER!

BONUS; Momma taking a snooze with two buns in the ole oven!

Keep your eyes glued to the UPPER LEFT HAND CORNER to see how a130#-140# "Herd Matriarch Doe handles a greedy bully 200#-210# buck like makes that bad boy back down & back up in shock!

Take care, till next time!

Last edited:
Actually I take that back........yes government lands do offer some safety protection and the only food sources are what grows wild within those areas........although in a bad winter season, hay or other food has been provided.

But from what I understand of private owned farms, is they plant alfalfa, corn or other crops that intentionally feed those animals to fatten them up and make sure they get a good sized rack. That doesn't happen on public lands
I thought that you might enjoy the vid below. The vid comes from the "Cabin Squirrel" site which I now rate in a tie with the "Pelorian Pages" site as best Deer Whispering sites on our planet earth. Here, Squirrel is hand feeding her herd & during the process lil Bently hoofed her on the leg with one of his front hooves. On top of the voice overlays she also adds the two little red colored devil horns overlay over lil Bently's head so he can be singled out to the the viewing audience as the culprit. The more deer hang around a person the more they pick up human traits. When Beverly weaned lil Bently, Squirrel just took over & kept Bently well supplied with chow. Lil Bently adopted Squirrel as his momma & became VERY jealous over Squirrel & he makes SURE that Squirrel & the rest of the herd understands that he does not want any competition between him & Squirrel!

This is EXACTLY what I found out with Bitsy-Baby & also my buck goat Neuman. I do hope that you get a charge out of the video as I did, like Squirrel has done a great job @ bringing her audience into both her life & the lives of her extended family. Broken dEAR(can't miss this one!) shows up for a close up during the hoofing incident. I'm not afraid to admit that I am jealous to the max over the Pelorian Pages CBT herd & also Squirrels Mulie herd but @ the same time I am super happy that they are fortunate enough to have such exotic creatures for their extended families!

That is "Broken dEAR" in the still frame under the KAPOW overlay! You will see him close up just before the hoofing incident.

Last edited:
I thought that you might enjoy the vid below. The vid comes from the "Cabin Squirrel" site which I now rate in a tie with the "Pelorian Pages" site as best Deer Whispering sites on our planet earth. Here, Squirrel is hand feeding her herd & during the process lil Bently hoofed her on the leg with one of his front hooves. On top of the voice overlays she also adds the two little red colored devil horns overlay over lil Bently's head so he can be singled out to the the viewing audience as the culprit. The more deer hang around a person the more they pick up human traits. When Beverly weaned lil Bently, Squirrel just took over & kept Bently well supplied with chow. Lil Bently adopted Squirrel as his momma & became VERY jealous over Squirrel & he makes SURE that Squirrel & the rest of the herd understands that he does not want any competition between him & Squirrel!

This is EXACTLY what I found out with Bitsy-Baby & also my buck goat Neuman. I do hope that you get a charge out of the video as I did, like Squirrel has done a great job @ bringing her audience into both her life & the lives of her extended family. Broken dEAR(can't miss this one!) shows up for a close up during the hoofing incident. I'm not afraid to admit that I am jealous to the max over the Pelorian Pages CBT herd & also Squirrels Mulie herd but @ the same time I am super happy that they are fortunate enough to have such exotic creatures for their extended families!

That is "Broken dEAR" in the still frame under the KAPOW overlay! You will see him close up just before the hoofing incident.

Is this person (Squirrel??) part of a wildlife rescue or rehab?? While the video is cute as well as their interactions.......I just don't think it's a good idea to be hand feeding them, or making them so dependent on humans. They need to be afraid of us, for their own survival

Forum List

Back