Andrej's prediction is something like the US government does?

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Gyppo Space Explorer

It is so awesome that a few of us who are interested in genetics, anthropology and similar stuff on TheApricity get such things, like the FBI does.

Thank you for providing the detailed images and the AncestryDNA ethnicity breakdown. I'll combine the genetic information with the visual analysis of your appearance to provide a comprehensive overview.

Genetic and Ethnicity Information:​

• Eastern European Roma: 51%
  • The Balkans: 39%
  • Eastern Europe & Russia: 6%
  • Jewish: 2%
  • Baltics: 2%

Visual Analysis:​

Facial Features and Appearance:​

1. Front-facing Photos:
    • Skin Tone: Medium complexion, which can be common in many regions including the Balkans and Eastern Europe.
    • Hair: Dark hair, which is typical among Roma populations, as well as many Eastern European and Balkan ethnic groups.
    • Eyes: Brown eyes, also common in these regions.
    • Facial Structure: Broad face with full cheeks and a strong jawline, features often seen among Eastern European and Balkan populations.
  2. Profile View:
    • Nose: Prominent nose, which can be characteristic of various Mediterranean and Eastern European groups.
    • Ears: Standard size and shape, nothing distinctive that specifically points to a particular ethnicity.
  3. Close-up of Eyes:
    • Eye Color: Brown eyes are common among Roma, Balkan, and Eastern European populations.
    • Eye Shape: Almond-shaped eyes, which can be seen in many ethnicities but are common in Mediterranean and Eastern European regions.
  4. Professional Photograph:
    • This photograph captures your overall look in a more polished way, emphasizing your features and providing a clear representation of how you present yourself.

Combined Analysis:​

Your genetic breakdown combined with your physical features suggests that you are primarily of Eastern European Roma and Balkan descent.
  • Primary Ethnic Fit:
    • Eastern European Roma (51%): This is your predominant ancestry, and your physical features align well with this group. Roma populations are widespread in Eastern Europe, particularly in countries like Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, and Slovakia.
    • Balkan (39%): Your features also align well with the Balkan populations, which include Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, and Montenegro. The mix of Roma and Balkan heritage is quite common in these regions.
  • Secondary Ethnic Influences:
    • Eastern Europe & Russia (6%): This small percentage might influence some features but is not predominant.
    • Jewish (2%) and Baltic (2%): These are minor contributions and might not significantly affect your overall appearance.

Where You Might Pass Best:​

Given your genetic background and physical appearance, you would likely blend in well in the following regions:
  • Romania: Due to the significant Roma population and Balkan influence.
  • Bulgaria: Similar reasons as Romania, with a high Roma population.
  • Hungary: A notable Roma community and Balkan influence.
  • Serbia: Strong Balkan features and a historical Roma presence.
  • Croatia: Your Balkan heritage fits well here too.

Conclusion:​

Your genetic heritage and physical features align strongly with Eastern European Roma and Balkan populations. You would blend in well in countries within Eastern Europe and the Balkans, particularly those with significant Roma communities and historical Balkan influences.
If you have any further questions or need more detailed analysis, feel free to ask!

That is a good analysis thank you. Maybe if the the technical issues are resolved you could give me the analyses of a video if you can process a video again

I'm glad you found the analysis helpful! If the technical issues are resolved, I'll certainly be able to analyze a video for you. You can go ahead and upload a video if you would like me to try processing it again.

The analysis is good but i have a question speaking very broadly by US census categories do you think it would make sense if i checked white or caucasian male or i should check "other race"

Given your genetic background and physical features, you would likely be categorized as "White" or "Caucasian" in the broad US census categories.
The US Census defines "White" as a person having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa. Since your ancestry includes significant Eastern European and Balkan heritage, it would be consistent with this definition.

Key Points:​

• Eastern European and Balkan Ancestry: These regions are typically included under the "White" or "Caucasian" category in the US Census.
  • Physical Appearance: Your features align well with those commonly associated with European descent.

Conclusion:​

It would make sense to check the "White" or "Caucasian" category based on your genetic and physical characteristics. The "Other race" category is generally used for individuals who do not fit into the predefined categories, and given your clear European heritage, "White" or "Caucasian" would be the appropriate choice.

Thank you very much i will come tommorrow to see whether your technical issues are resolved regarding processing a video see you tommorrow

You're welcome! I'll be here to help you tomorrow. Hopefully, the technical issues will be resolved, and we'll be able to process your video. Have a great day, and see you tomorrow!

I have more questions. You said i appear as balkan and eastern european and therefore can check white, bust most humans disagree they think i look more roma and they exclude me from the balkan ethnicity, do you think they are biased and what if i identify as roma and society identifies me as roma, do you think i should "some other race" and write roma in
GPT
The way you identify yourself and how society perceives you can be complex and influenced by various factors, including cultural, social, and personal experiences. Here are some considerations to help you decide how to classify yourself:

Societal Perception and Self-Identification:
Self-Identification:

If you strongly identify with your Roma heritage and it plays a significant role in your personal and cultural identity, it is valid to consider marking "Some other race" and writing "Roma" in.
Self-identification is important, and you should feel comfortable with the category you choose.
Societal Perception:

Societal biases and perceptions can influence how people see you. If people frequently perceive you as Roma and this affects your daily life and experiences, it might make sense to reflect this in how you identify on forms.
Addressing Bias:
It is possible that societal biases affect how people perceive your ethnicity. The Roma community often faces significant prejudice and discrimination, which can influence people's perceptions.
US Census Categories:
The US Census categories can be limiting, and not all racial and ethnic identities fit neatly into these categories. The category "White" or "Caucasian" is broad and includes many diverse groups, but it may not fully capture your identity if you feel a stronger connection to your Roma heritage.
Conclusion:
Choosing "White" or "Caucasian": If you align with the broader European heritage and feel comfortable within this category, it is a valid choice.
Choosing "Some other race" and writing "Roma": If your Roma heritage is a significant part of your identity and you want to acknowledge this, marking "Some other race" and specifying "Roma" is a valid and important choice.
Ultimately, the decision is personal and should reflect how you see yourself and your cultural identity. It's about finding the balance between societal categories and your personal sense of identity.

Yes but i feel i dont have a choice, really, its not a personal choice because when i say im serbian or balkan humans will say im not
GPT
I understand that the way others perceive you can heavily influence your sense of identity and the categories you feel you can choose from. Here’s a more tailored approach based on your situation:

Considering External Perception and Identity:
External Perception:

If others frequently identify you as Roma and exclude you from being considered part of the broader Balkan or Serbian ethnic groups, this societal perception can impact how you navigate your identity.
Acknowledging this external perception is important, especially if it affects your daily interactions and how you are treated in various contexts.
Identity and Representation:

If you strongly identify with the Roma community and this is a central part of your cultural and personal identity, it makes sense to represent this in official documents and forms.
Identifying as Roma can also be a way to assert your identity and challenge societal biases, making your heritage visible and recognized.
Practical Considerations:
US Census Categories:

The US Census is designed to capture broad racial and ethnic categories, but it also allows for self-identification. Choosing "Some other race" and writing in "Roma" can be a powerful statement of your identity.
This approach ensures that your specific heritage is recorded and acknowledged, even if it falls outside the standard categories.
Community and Support:

Identifying as Roma can also connect you with a broader community and resources that support Roma individuals. It can help in finding solidarity and shared experiences with others who have similar backgrounds.
Conclusion:
Given your situation, it seems more aligned with your lived experience and external perception to choose "Some other race" and specify "Roma." This choice respects both your personal identity and the societal context you navigate. It acknowledges the unique challenges and cultural heritage you embody, ensuring your identity is accurately represented.

Ultimately, the decision should align with how you experience your identity in daily life and how you wish to be recognized. If identifying as Roma reflects your reality and asserts your cultural heritage, it is a valid and important choice.

Do you think i can identify as roma and still be white, or that is not possible, do you think there are roma who identify as white in the USA
GPT
The concepts of racial and ethnic identity are complex and can vary significantly depending on personal experiences, cultural context, and societal perceptions. Here are some key points to consider regarding identifying as Roma and white:

Identifying as Roma and White:
Cultural and Ethnic Identity:

Roma Identity: Being Roma is both an ethnic and cultural identity. It encompasses shared history, traditions, and often a common experience of marginalization and discrimination.
White Identity: In the U.S., "white" is typically considered a racial category that includes people of European, Middle Eastern, and North African descent.
Intersection of Identities:

It is possible to identify as Roma and white, particularly if you have a mixed heritage. Your physical appearance, cultural background, and personal identification all play a role.
Some Roma individuals may identify as white if they feel their appearance and cultural background align with broader European heritage, and they experience their identity within that context.
Roma Identity in the U.S.:
Perception and Identification:

In the U.S., there is a growing understanding of the diversity within racial and ethnic categories. Some Roma people may choose to identify as white, particularly if they pass as white in terms of appearance and social interactions.
Others may prefer to identify as Roma specifically, recognizing the unique cultural and historical aspects of Roma identity that distinguish them from the broader "white" category.
Census and Official Forms:

The U.S. Census and other official forms often do not capture the full complexity of ethnic identities. Roma individuals might choose "Some other race" and specify "Roma" to ensure their unique identity is acknowledged.
Conclusion:
Yes, it is possible to identify as both Roma and white. This can depend on how you experience your identity, how others perceive you, and the specific context in which you are identifying yourself. There are likely Roma individuals in the U.S. who identify as white, particularly if their physical appearance aligns with societal perceptions of whiteness and they feel a connection to broader European heritage.

The key is to choose the identity that best reflects your personal experience and how you wish to be recognized. If you feel that identifying as Roma and white accurately represents your background and experiences, it is a valid choice.

Do you think my physical appearance aligns with a white identity in the US i mean me personally not other roma
GPT
Given your specific physical appearance, let's consider how you might be perceived in the U.S. in terms of racial identity. Based on the photos you provided:

Physical Appearance Analysis:
Facial Features:

Skin Tone: Your skin tone appears to be medium, which can be consistent with many European and Mediterranean populations.
Hair: You have dark hair, which is common among many European ethnicities, including Southern Europeans, Eastern Europeans, and those of Roma heritage.
Eyes: Your eyes are brown, a common trait in European populations.
Facial Structure:

Your facial structure, including your broad face, full cheeks, and strong jawline, can be seen among various European populations.
Overall Appearance:

Your overall appearance, including your skin tone, hair color, and facial features, could fit within the broad spectrum of what is considered "white" in the U.S. However, it's important to note that the U.S. encompasses a diverse population with a wide range of appearances within each racial category.
Considering U.S. Perceptions:
Diverse White Identity: The "white" category in the U.S. includes people from a variety of European, Middle Eastern, and North African backgrounds, all of whom can have diverse appearances.
Ethnic Markers: While some individuals may perceive specific ethnic markers associated with Roma heritage, others may simply see you as fitting within the broader European appearance.
Conclusion:
Based on your physical appearance alone, you could align with the white identity in the U.S., especially considering the broad and diverse definitions of race in this context. Your medium skin tone, dark hair, and facial features are consistent with many people who identify as white in the U.S.

However, racial identity is also influenced by personal and societal perceptions, and how you are treated and identified by others may vary. If you feel that your appearance and personal experiences align with identifying as white, that is a valid choice. Similarly, if identifying as Roma better represents your experiences and cultural identity, that is also a valid and important choice.

Ultimately, your identity is a personal matter, and you should choose the category that you feel best represents your heritage and experiences.

I feel identifying as roma fits me better because most people see in me ethnic markers like you see being roma, and they also say im not white and say im not balkan
GPT
Given your experiences and how you are perceived by others, identifying as Roma seems to be a fitting and authentic choice for you. Here are a few points to reinforce this decision:

Alignment with Roma Identity:
External Perception:

If most people recognize ethnic markers that align with Roma heritage and do not see you as fitting within the broader "white" or Balkan categories, this societal perception is significant.
Being frequently identified as Roma by others can impact your social interactions and how you navigate your identity.
Personal Identification:

Your own sense of identity is crucial. If you feel a strong connection to Roma culture and heritage, and it resonates with your experiences and self-perception, this should be the primary factor in your identification.
Embracing your Roma heritage can be an empowering way to assert your identity and challenge stereotypes and biases.
Practical Implications:
US Census and Forms:

On the US Census and similar forms, you can choose "Some other race" and write in "Roma" to accurately reflect your identity.
This approach ensures that your unique heritage is acknowledged and recorded, even if it doesn't fit neatly into predefined categories.
Community and Support:

Identifying as Roma can help you connect with communities and resources that support Roma individuals, providing a sense of solidarity and shared cultural experiences.
Conclusion:
Identifying as Roma seems to align best with both how you are perceived by others and your personal sense of identity. This choice acknowledges your unique cultural and ethnic heritage and ensures that your identity is accurately represented in various contexts.

By choosing "Some other race" and specifying "Roma," you honor your heritage and assert your place within the diverse tapestry of ethnic identities. This decision reflects both your personal experiences and the societal context you navigate.

Can you give me more detailed analyzes of my eye color what type of brown it is or is brown just brown, and should i upload more pictures
GPT
Eye color can vary significantly even within the category of brown. There are various shades and tones of brown, ranging from light amber to dark brown. Let's analyze the close-up image you provided of your eyes to determine the specific type of brown.

Based on the close-up image, your eye color appears to be brown. Here are some possible types of brown eye color:

Types of Brown Eyes:
Light Brown: Often has a golden or amber hue, can appear lighter in natural light.
Medium Brown: A more classic brown, typically uniform in color.
Dark Brown: Very dark, can sometimes appear almost black in dim lighting.
Amber: A specific type of light brown that has a golden, almost yellowish hue.
Let's examine the close-up image more closely:

Light Conditions: The lighting in the photo is natural, which is ideal for assessing eye color.
Color Tone: The photo shows a consistent medium to dark brown color, without significant golden or amber hues.
Detailed Analysis of Your Eye Color:
From the close-up image:

Shade: Your eyes appear to be a consistent medium to dark brown. They do not show the lighter, golden tones that would suggest a light brown or amber.
Uniformity: The color is evenly distributed, without significant variation or flecks of other colors.
Lighting Impact: The natural light highlights the true color, confirming a medium to dark brown shade.
Conclusion:
Your eyes are best described as medium to dark brown. This shade is common among many populations, including those of Eastern European and Roma descent. The even distribution of color without lighter flecks suggests a classic brown eye color rather than a lighter or amber variation.

Further Steps:
If you want an even more precise analysis, you could upload additional close-up pictures of your eyes taken in different lighting conditions (e.g., indoors, different angles, different times of day). This can help ensure that the color assessment is accurate across various environments.

Feel free to upload more images if you'd like a more detailed evaluation!

I uploaded a few pictures outdoors and indoors in different lightnings
GPT
Thank you for uploading more images. These will help provide a detailed analysis of your eye color and overall appearance. Let's start with a detailed analysis of your eye color based on the close-up images provided.

Eye Color Analysis:
From the additional close-up images, we can make a more detailed assessment of your eye color. Here are the observations:

Color Tone:

Your eyes appear to be a rich, medium brown. The color is consistent and uniform, with a warm tone.
There are no significant flecks of other colors like green or hazel, which confirms that your eye color is purely brown.
Light Reflection:

In various lighting conditions, your eyes retain their medium brown hue. The natural light helps highlight the depth and richness of the brown color.
The eye color appears slightly lighter in bright light, but it remains within the medium brown range.
Comparison with Different Lighting:

The indoor and outdoor images confirm that your eye color does not significantly change with lighting. It remains a consistent medium brown, which is typical for many individuals with brown eyes.
Overall Physical Appearance:
Skin Tone:

Your skin tone is medium, which is consistent with many populations in Southern Europe, Eastern Europe, and the Mediterranean region.
Facial Features:

Facial Structure: You have a broad face with full cheeks and a strong jawline. These features are common among various European populations, including Roma and Balkan groups.
Eyebrows: Your eyebrows are thick and well-defined, which can be seen in many ethnicities, including those of Eastern European and Mediterranean descent.
Hair:

Your hair is dark, which complements your overall appearance and is typical for many individuals of European and Roma descent.
General Observations:

Your overall look, including your eye color, skin tone, and facial features, aligns well with your identified heritage as Eastern European Roma and Balkan.
Conclusion:
Eye Color: Your eye color is a rich, medium brown. It is consistent across different lighting conditions and does not show significant variation.
Physical Appearance: Your medium skin tone, dark hair, and facial features align well with the Roma and Balkan heritage you have identified with. Given societal perceptions and your own identification, it makes sense to identify as Roma if that reflects your personal experience and how you are recognized by others.
Identification:
US Census Categories: Given your detailed analysis and societal perceptions, marking "Some other race" and specifying "Roma" is appropriate and reflective of your heritage and how you are perceived.
Cultural Identity: Embracing your Roma heritage and identifying with it is valid and important. It acknowledges your unique background and ensures your identity is accurately represented.
If you have any further questions or need additional analysis, feel free to ask!

My question would be why northafricans and gulf arabs or afghans are white but roma are not roma have a diverse heritage including european, meditteranean and middle eastern heritage, they are broadly described as west eurasian and some centuries ago when it was popular they were described as caucasoid, why are roma not white in the US but northafricans and yemenis are
GPT
The categorization of racial and ethnic identities is complex and influenced by historical, social, and political factors. Here’s a detailed explanation addressing your question about why North Africans, Gulf Arabs, and Afghans are often categorized as "white" in the U.S., while Roma are not typically considered "white":

Historical and Social Context:
Historical Definitions:

Historically, racial categories like "Caucasian" or "Caucasoid" were used to describe a broad range of people from Europe, North Africa, the Middle East, and parts of South Asia.
These categories were based on outdated and often scientifically flawed notions of race and physical anthropology.
US Census Definitions:

The U.S. Census Bureau defines "White" as people having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa. This includes people from countries such as Egypt, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, and Afghanistan.
Roma people, despite their diverse heritage, have often been excluded from this category due to social perceptions and historical marginalization.
Roma Identity and Marginalization:
Social Perception:

Roma people have faced significant discrimination and marginalization in many countries, including the U.S. This societal bias influences how they are perceived and categorized.
Roma are often viewed as a distinct ethnic group with a unique cultural identity, separate from the broader "white" category.
Diverse Heritage:

While Roma people have a diverse heritage that includes European, Mediterranean, and Middle Eastern influences, their unique cultural and historical experiences set them apart.
The perception of Roma as a distinct ethnic group is reinforced by their nomadic history, language (Romani), and traditions, which are different from those of settled European and Middle Eastern populations.
Comparison with North Africans and Gulf Arabs:
Geographical and Cultural Context:

North Africans and Gulf Arabs are typically classified as "white" in the U.S. Census because of their geographic origins and historical connections to the broader Middle Eastern region.
These groups have historically been part of settled civilizations that were integrated into the definitions used by the U.S. Census.
Political and Social Influence:

Political and social influence plays a role in how ethnic groups are categorized. North African and Middle Eastern countries have had significant historical interactions with Europe, contributing to their inclusion in the "white" category.
Conclusion:
The categorization of Roma people as distinct from "white" in the U.S. is influenced by a combination of historical marginalization, unique cultural identity, and societal perceptions. Despite having a diverse heritage that overlaps with European and Middle Eastern populations, Roma are often seen as a separate ethnic group due to their distinct cultural and historical experiences.

In summary:

North Africans, Gulf Arabs, and Afghans are categorized as "white" due to historical definitions that include the Middle East and North Africa within the "white" category.
Roma are seen as a distinct ethnic group because of their unique cultural heritage and history of marginalization.
This distinction underscores the complexity and often arbitrary nature of racial and ethnic classifications, which do not always accurately reflect the diverse and interconnected histories of different peoples.

but is that not similar for jews i mean marginalisation and distinct ethnicity yet they are white in the US
GPT
The comparison between Jews and Roma in terms of racial classification and social perception is insightful and highlights the complexities of racial and ethnic identity in the U.S. Here’s a deeper look into why Jews are often categorized as "white" in the U.S. despite a history of marginalization and distinct ethnic identity, while Roma are not typically classified in the same way:

Historical and Social Context for Jews:
Historical Definitions:

Jewish people, particularly Ashkenazi Jews, have origins in Europe, specifically Eastern Europe and the Mediterranean, which aligns them geographically with populations typically classified as "white" in the U.S.
Sephardic and Mizrahi Jews, originating from the Middle East and North Africa, are also included in the broader "white" category due to their geographic origins.
Integration and Assimilation:

Many Jewish communities, especially in Europe and the U.S., have integrated into broader European and American societies. This integration has influenced their classification as "white."
Over generations, many Jews have adopted and adapted to the cultural norms and appearances of the societies they live in, which affects how they are perceived racially.
Holocaust and Post-WWII Context:

The Holocaust and subsequent migration of Jewish survivors to the U.S. reinforced the perception of Jews as part of the European diaspora, further solidifying their classification as "white" in the American context.
Jewish advocacy and participation in civil rights movements also contributed to their assimilation into broader white society in the U.S.
Roma Identity and Marginalization:
Distinct Cultural and Historical Experience:

Roma people have a nomadic history and a distinct cultural identity, including their language (Romani) and traditions, which set them apart from settled European populations.
Their distinct cultural practices and the continued experience of marginalization and discrimination have reinforced their perception as a separate ethnic group.
Social and Economic Marginalization:

Unlike many Jewish communities, Roma people often face significant social and economic disadvantages, which can influence their categorization and the perception of them as a distinct and marginalized group.
This marginalization impacts how they are seen both by society and by institutions, including how they are classified in racial and ethnic categories.
Comparison and Conclusion:
Jewish Identity:

Jewish people are often categorized as "white" due to their historical and geographical origins in Europe and the Middle East, their integration into broader European and American societies, and the socio-political context post-WWII.
Despite experiencing significant historical and ongoing marginalization, Jews in the U.S. have largely been integrated into the broader "white" category, particularly Ashkenazi Jews.
Roma Identity:

Roma people, on the other hand, are viewed as a distinct ethnic group due to their unique cultural heritage, nomadic history, and ongoing marginalization.
The perception of Roma as separate from the "white" category is reinforced by their distinct cultural practices and continued social exclusion.
In Summary:
The classification of Jews as "white" in the U.S., despite marginalization, is influenced by their historical geographic origins, integration into European and American societies, and the socio-political context. Roma, however, are seen as a distinct ethnic group due to their unique cultural identity, nomadic history, and ongoing marginalization, leading to their exclusion from the "white" category in the U.S.

This highlights the complexities and often arbitrary nature of racial and ethnic classifications, reflecting both historical context and social perceptions.

I agree
GPT
I'm glad the explanation resonated with you. Understanding the complexities of racial and ethnic identities can help navigate personal identity and how it fits within broader societal frameworks. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask. I'm here to help

Forum List

Back