And The Richest Town in America is...

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Where does your town stand on the list [it's kinda hard to read without a magnifying glass or upping the size of your screen]

And perhaps the most interesting takeaway from this year's data is the gains made by midwestern towns - notably suburban Chicago and St. Louis - which are finally making headway against towns along the West and East Coasts that typically comprise the bulk of the towns on the list.

The Silicon Valley suburb of Atherton, Calif. claimed the top spot again. As Bloomberg explains, the six-square-mile town is near Palo Alto, Menlo Park and Stanford University.

Atherton’s average household income was $443,403 in 2016, more than $50,000 higher than second-place Cherry Hills Village, Colorado.

I don't see Vegas anywhere on the list @ And The Richest Town In America Is...

Where does your town stand on the list [it's kinda hard to read without a magnifying glass or upping the size of your screen]

And perhaps the most interesting takeaway from this year's data is the gains made by midwestern towns - notably suburban Chicago and St. Louis - which are finally making headway against towns along the West and East Coasts that typically comprise the bulk of the towns on the list.

The Silicon Valley suburb of Atherton, Calif. claimed the top spot again. As Bloomberg explains, the six-square-mile town is near Palo Alto, Menlo Park and Stanford University.

Atherton’s average household income was $443,403 in 2016, more than $50,000 higher than second-place Cherry Hills Village, Colorado.

thats because the median income for vegas is around 53,000....

This is all wrong unless you want to compare California Dollar to the Dollar in BETTER cities with luxury amenities. The salaries, the home prices, the cost of living is all "Funny Money" in Cali..

I lived in a couple of Cali top 100 cities. I'm FAR better off in Tenn. Smart money SELLS Cali Real estate and moves elsewhere. Got 3 times the home/land for 1/2 the price.. Those suckers are paying 5 times my mortgage in Atherton for 80 yr old fixer-uppers. Go shopping outside Atherton (there's no shopping there) and you're pretty much in the 3rd world now adays.

Good riddance to "the richest" cities.

Vegas probably has lots of rich people with plenty of poor people to balance it out. Got to have people to clean the hotel rooms and bus the tables. Also go to have the hookers and strippers that don't report much of their earnings so they bring down the average.

Vegas probably has lots of rich people with plenty of poor people to balance it out. Got to have people to clean the hotel rooms and bus the tables. Also go to have the hookers and strippers that don't report much of their earnings so they bring down the average.

In Vegas being a janitor or busboy is probably better money than most places.

Forum List

Back