And once again...they fall for a hoax

At least this time, I hope they took walk around the battlefield and actually learned some history.

But what is worrisome is that anonymous people seem intent on creating and provoking potentially lethal confrontations among groups and exploiting if not widening divisions.

who are these people?

GETTYSBURG NATIONAL MILITARY PARK, PA. — For weeks, a mysterious figure on social media talked up plans for antifa protesters to converge on this historical site on Independence Day to burn American flags, an event that seemed at times to border on the farcical.

“Let’s get together and burn flags in protest of thugs and animals in blue,” the anonymous person behind a Facebook page called Left Behind USA wrote in mid-June. There would be antifa face paint, the person wrote, and organizers would “be giving away free small flags to children to safely throw into the fire.”

As word spread, self-proclaimed militias, bikers, skinheads and far-right groups from outside the state issued a call to action, pledging in online videos and posts to come to Gettysburg to protect the Civil War monuments and the nation’s flag from desecration. Some said they would bring firearms and use force if necessary.

On Saturday afternoon, in the hours before the flag burning was to start, they flooded in by the hundreds — heavily armed and unaware, it seemed, that the mysterious Internet poster was not who the person claimed to be.

The episode at Gettysburg is a stark illustration of how shadowy figures on social media have stoked fears about the protests against racial injustice and excessive police force that have swept across the nation since the death of George Floyd in police custody on May 25.

Armed vigilantes lined the streets of small Idaho towns last month after false claims circulated online about antifa, a loose collection of activists who oppose fascism and have sometimes embraced property damage and violent protest in recent years. Similar hoaxes have befallen towns in New Jersey, South Dakota and Michigan in recent weeks.

The difference is that no harm was done here, because the Right showed up and there was nothing going on, adn that was the end of it.

Compare that to the frauds from the left that gin up hate that eventually leads to violence. As intended.
No harm was done because only one side believed the scam. Again.
Only one side believe the Russia scam and the Ukraine scam.

[
At least this time, I hope they took walk around the battlefield and actually learned some history.

But what is worrisome is that anonymous people seem intent on creating and provoking potentially lethal confrontations among groups and exploiting if not widening divisions.

who are these people?

GETTYSBURG NATIONAL MILITARY PARK, PA. — For weeks, a mysterious figure on social media talked up plans for antifa protesters to converge on this historical site on Independence Day to burn American flags, an event that seemed at times to border on the farcical.

“Let’s get together and burn flags in protest of thugs and animals in blue,” the anonymous person behind a Facebook page called Left Behind USA wrote in mid-June. There would be antifa face paint, the person wrote, and organizers would “be giving away free small flags to children to safely throw into the fire.”

As word spread, self-proclaimed militias, bikers, skinheads and far-right groups from outside the state issued a call to action, pledging in online videos and posts to come to Gettysburg to protect the Civil War monuments and the nation’s flag from desecration. Some said they would bring firearms and use force if necessary.

On Saturday afternoon, in the hours before the flag burning was to start, they flooded in by the hundreds — heavily armed and unaware, it seemed, that the mysterious Internet poster was not who the person claimed to be.

The episode at Gettysburg is a stark illustration of how shadowy figures on social media have stoked fears about the protests against racial injustice and excessive police force that have swept across the nation since the death of George Floyd in police custody on May 25.

Armed vigilantes lined the streets of small Idaho towns last month after false claims circulated online about antifa, a loose collection of activists who oppose fascism and have sometimes embraced property damage and violent protest in recent years. Similar hoaxes have befallen towns in New Jersey, South Dakota and Michigan in recent weeks.

Seems to me they should be looking for the instigator a little harder. But tell me, did these 'vigilantes' burn down a City? Did they burn cop cars? Did they loot? Did they desecrate the area? Of course they didn't but OH BOY would WaPo (and you) have loved to hang that one on Trump!!!

What does that have to do with the topic? How is Trump even part of this discussion?

Do you think hoaxes like these are good? I don’t...
As hoaxes go this one was pretty benign thanks to the guys who showed up and realized there was nothing to be done so they went home.

This time.

But like the hoax about Antifa burning the burbs...you’ve got armed people, high on adrenaline, believing it...twitchy. What if the opposing group saw it and decided to join in?
This is very dangerous. We are on the cusp of a lot of violence, and it will not take too much to set it off. You can only poke a sleeping bear but so many times before he wakes up and swats your head off, and ironically, it will be the very institutions they are now trashing to which the leftists will turn for protection.

How is this a hoax? Just because an ANTIFA scumbags event failed, what does that prove?

It was disinformation, the democrat troops didn't show. But it's not like the democrats had a major military victory elsewhere.

I'm just not sure the point Coyote is attempting to make? Does she think this is some big victory for the revolution or something?

Looks to me like the Brown Shirts learned Americans would be their and stayed in their basements.

The point isn’t Dem or Pub. Believe it or not there is a world beyond two political parties.

You have someone exploiting divisions in such a skillful way, he gets an entire group to go to a fake meet up.

When will this tactic actually work and lead to unintended violence beyond shooting oneself in the leg?

The more I learn about this the more it sounds to me like russian trolls are responsible for that post.

They did the something like that in 2016. They would put up posts for rallies for both Hillary and trump along with posts of protests of people at those rallies. They would be feeding both sides to cause conflict.

All in their attempt to divide our nation and cause problems.

I so wouldn't be surprised if the original post was from a russian troll.

Out of curiosity, did you actually read the entire article? It is interesting and exposes the fakery behind it.

It's behind a pay wall and nothing in this fucking world would get me to contribute to the Communist pile of shit anti-American little Goebbels, the filthy demagogues of the vile hate publication of WaPo.

Turn off an ad blocker? Not a fucking chance, it would allow these vermin to monetize.

Here is some more info, can’t post the entire article, But everything about the person behind this was fake.

It is not always clear who has made these false claims and why, whether they seek to advance a political agenda, antagonize people with whom they disagree or achieve some other goal.

Social media companies have in recent weeks shut down a handful of fake accounts created by white supremacist groups posing as antifa operatives in a bid to undermine peaceful protests.

In response to messages from The Post, the person managing the Left Behind USA account identified himself as 39-year-old Alan Jeffs, a lifelong Democrat-turned-anarchist from Pittsburgh who now lives in Des Moines.

The Post examined real estate, court and voter records, as well as other public documents, but could find no such person.

Officials at Facebook and Twitter shut down the Left Behind USA pages last week after The Post inquired about the accounts, saying the person behind them had manipulated the platform by creating multiple accounts with overlapping content in an effort to amplify their messaging.
The officials declined to identify the other accounts.

But fears of the antifa-sponsored protest had already taken root.

Macky Marker, a member of a Delaware militia called First State Pathfinders, posted a YouTube video calling on militiamen to go to Gettysburg. “If you plan on coming, I would plan on coming full battle-rattle … to be fully, 100 percent prepared to defend yourself and whoever you come with,” Marker said in the video.

Left Behind USA popped up on Twitter in February, advancing far-left ideas in a torrent of crude memes and graphics that decried capitalism, called for an end to police and advocated a moratorium on rent. The account attacked Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden as a “rapist” and accused him of supporting racist criminal justice laws.

The anonymous person controlling the account described himself in various posts as a laid-off graphic designer, a former Uber driver and a disc jockey. He wrote that he was living off food stamps and sleeping on a friend’s couch.

In early April, a person using the name Alan Jeffs created a petition on the website Change.org. It included a video first posted on a Twitter account controlled by the Alan Jeffs persona who runs Left Behind USA. The petition called for the governor of Wisconsin to postpone the Democratic primary because of the health risks of the novel coronavirus.

It included a photo of a smiling, bearded man, purportedly Jeffs, and said he was in Beaver Falls, Pa. Using a reverse image search, The Post found that the photo came from the stock photo website depositphotos.com.

The Left Behind USA Facebook page was created June 2. When The Post initially sought an interview in mid-June, the person controlling the Facebook page responded in a message: “I don’t prefer to talk to conservative media sources.”

The person later identified himself as 39-year-old Jeffs and provided several details about his background. “I have been politically active since I was old enough to vote and have voted Democratic in every presidential and midterm election that I’ve been able to,” the person wrote in a private Facebook message to The Post.

Election officials in Iowa’s Polk County told The Post that no one by the name Alan Jeffs has ever been registered to vote in the state, according to a database search. Officials in Pennsylvania said there was no one by that name on that state’s active or inactive voter rolls, either.

On June 11, Left Behind USA posted an image on its Facebook page that seemed designed to agitate.

Around an illustration of a U.S. flag aflame, it announced: “Antifa presents: 4th of July Flag Burning To Peacefully Protest For Abolishing Police Nationwide.”

“No Bikers, Militias Or Other So-Called Patriots,” it said. “Children Welcome - Antifa Face-Painting”

This account and all of it's activity is from a russian troll.

They are working overtime to divide our nation and cause as much problems and chaos as possible.

They did it in 2016 and they are doing it again.

How is this a hoax? Just because an ANTIFA scumbags event failed, what does that prove?

It was disinformation, the democrat troops didn't show. But it's not like the democrats had a major military victory elsewhere.

I'm just not sure the point Coyote is attempting to make? Does she think this is some big victory for the revolution or something?

Looks to me like the Brown Shirts learned Americans would be their and stayed in their basements.

The point isn’t Dem or Pub. Believe it or not there is a world beyond two political parties.

You have someone exploiting divisions in such a skillful way, he gets an entire group to go to a fake meet up.

When will this tactic actually work and lead to unintended violence beyond shooting oneself in the leg?

The more I learn about this the more it sounds to me like russian trolls are responsible for that post.

They did the something like that in 2016. They would put up posts for rallies for both Hillary and trump along with posts of protests of people at those rallies. They would be feeding both sides to cause conflict.

All in their attempt to divide our nation and cause problems.

I so wouldn't be surprised if the original post was from a russian troll.
You could say the same thing for any post. I can say you are a russian troll. Its all very boring though without proof.

who are these people?

So did they burn the place down? Did they riot and attack people?

Funny how the BLM was all started on lies about “systemic police brutality” when it doesn’t exist. “Peaceful protests” turned into riots, with looting and assaults, even murder of innocent people. But none of that upsets you, all of those actions align with your Agenda.

But oh my, some right wing “radicals“ show up to counter protest, do so without rioting and attacking people, and you have a problem with it.

Sure seems like inciting a riot to me. Except it didn't happen. So I dunno. Does the riot have to happen to arrest someone for trying?

Actually, I didn't see any reference to incite violence, just flag burning which is allowed under our freedom of speech laws. As reprehensible as it is, especially at a national cemetery. I am reminded somewhat of the those Westboro? Baptist Church people that used to protest when a fallen US member was laid to rest, which I thought was despicable but legal if they obeyed restrictions and limitations of the local LEs. That cemetary includes thousands who died to free the slaves, let them rest in peace. Burning the flag does not honor them, in fact they fought and died to keep this country united. And anyone who has a problem with that can go to hell.

To answer your question, I doubt that the riot has to happen to be an arrestable offense, the Supreme Court seems to be somewhat lenient on that in favor of our freedom of speech. But if you incite imminent and specific unlawful activity that is deemed to be likely to occur then your freedom of speech doesn't cover that. In this case the hoaxer didn't do anything illegal IMHO.

One more point: Antifa has a reputation for violence, and any reference to their possible appearance ought to be considered a realistic threat to the people and property wherever it is. This time people showed up to defend that sacred ground, and some would laugh at them for being fooled. Haha, very funny.

Except, how many places do they really appear in? Aand how many times have peop,e been hoaxed? The claim that Antifa was going to burn the burbs was found to have come from a white supremacist group posing as Antifa. Yet people in multiple cities around the country showed up armed.

According to this, there was no evidence of significant Antifa involvement in the recent protests and riots. Which is why I think Antifa is way overrated.

If there is this much fakery going around, what is the purpose or purposes behind it?

Could it be that those right wing groups see that the majority of the nation support the protesters and those right wing groups want to try to discredit the protesters?

Could this be the right trying to influence the election?

Or could this be russian trolls trying to influence the election and cause trouble?

I don't know but I do know that the right has blown antifa up into this big boogie man that they should be afraid of. All in a weird attempt to validate their own violence they commit.

I know that the right always has to have a left counterpart to point at to say "see they do it too!" in some weird and childish way to justify their actions and violence.

who are these people?

So did they burn the place down? Did they riot and attack people?

Funny how the BLM was all started on lies about “systemic police brutality” when it doesn’t exist. “Peaceful protests” turned into riots, with looting and assaults, even murder of innocent people. But none of that upsets you, all of those actions align with your Agenda.

But oh my, some right wing “radicals“ show up to counter protest, do so without rioting and attacking people, and you have a problem with it.

You kinda miss the point, like most of the others with a knee jerk defense when that isn't even the real issue.

People are perpetrating hoaxes that could have potentially, and unintentionally, violent encounters with people amped up to believe something is happening that isnt. Playing with fire. And, as a note, this particular group came prepared to deal violence. They said so. BLM is not even part of this.

Sure seems like inciting a riot to me. Except it didn't happen. So I dunno. Does the riot have to happen to arrest someone for trying?

Actually, I didn't see any reference to incite violence, just flag burning which is allowed under our freedom of speech laws. As reprehensible as it is, especially at a national cemetery. I am reminded somewhat of the those Westboro? Baptist Church people that used to protest when a fallen US member was laid to rest, which I thought was despicable but legal if they obeyed restrictions and limitations of the local LEs. That cemetary includes thousands who died to free the slaves, let them rest in peace. Burning the flag does not honor them, in fact they fought and died to keep this country united. And anyone who has a problem with that can go to hell.

To answer your question, I doubt that the riot has to happen to be an arrestable offense, the Supreme Court seems to be somewhat lenient on that in favor of our freedom of speech. But if you incite imminent and specific unlawful activity that is deemed to be likely to occur then your freedom of speech doesn't cover that. In this case the hoaxer didn't do anything illegal IMHO.

One more point: Antifa has a reputation for violence, and any reference to their possible appearance ought to be considered a realistic threat to the people and property wherever it is. This time people showed up to defend that sacred ground, and some would laugh at them for being fooled. Haha, very funny.

Except, how many places do they really appear in? Aand how many times have peop,e been hoaxed? The claim that Antifa was going to burn the burbs was found to have come from a white supremacist group posing as Antifa. Yet people in multiple cities around the country showed up armed.

According to this, there was no evidence of significant Antifa involvement in the recent protests and riots. Which is why I think Antifa is way overrated.

If there is this much fakery going around, what is the purpose or purposes behind it?

Could it be that those right wing groups see that the majority of the nation support the protesters and those right wing groups want to try to discredit the protesters?

Or could this be russian trolls trying to influence the election and cause trouble?

I don't know but I do know that the right has blown antifa up into this big boogie man that they should be afraid of. All in a weird attempt to validate their own violence they commit.

I know that the right always has to have a left counterpart to point at to say "see they do it too!" in some weird and childish way to justify their actions and violence.

They seem to need a villain to unify around and take on all the percieved sins of their opponents...Soros, Antifa, BLM...Leftists...Democrats...

I keep going back to Gringrich's memo, that changed the future of political relations and discourse. No longer are we oppo ents, we are THE ENEMY and we have a president who clearly and repeatedly defines as such. It is no longer about ideas it is about being.

I dont know who is behind hoaxes like this but it is simply one of many and eventually one will go wrong with so many people on edge.

Out of curiosity, did you actually read the entire article? It is interesting and exposes the fakery behind it.

It's behind a pay wall and nothing in this fucking world would get me to contribute to the Communist pile of shit anti-American little Goebbels, the filthy demagogues of the vile hate publication of WaPo.

Turn off an ad blocker? Not a fucking chance, it would allow these vermin to monetize.

Here is some more info, can’t post the entire article, But everything about the person behind this was fake.

It is not always clear who has made these false claims and why, whether they seek to advance a political agenda, antagonize people with whom they disagree or achieve some other goal.

Social media companies have in recent weeks shut down a handful of fake accounts created by white supremacist groups posing as antifa operatives in a bid to undermine peaceful protests.

In response to messages from The Post, the person managing the Left Behind USA account identified himself as 39-year-old Alan Jeffs, a lifelong Democrat-turned-anarchist from Pittsburgh who now lives in Des Moines.

The Post examined real estate, court and voter records, as well as other public documents, but could find no such person.

Officials at Facebook and Twitter shut down the Left Behind USA pages last week after The Post inquired about the accounts, saying the person behind them had manipulated the platform by creating multiple accounts with overlapping content in an effort to amplify their messaging.

Macky Marker, a member of a Delaware militia called First State Pathfinders, posted a YouTube video calling on militiamen to go to Gettysburg. “If you plan on coming, I would plan on coming full battle-rattle … to be fully, 100 percent prepared to defend yourself and whoever you come with,” Marker said in the video.

Left Behind USA popped up on Twitter in February, advancing far-left ideas in a torrent of crude memes and graphics that decried capitalism, called for an end to police and advocated a moratorium on rent. The account attacked Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden as a “rapist” and accused him of supporting racist criminal justice laws.

The anonymous person controlling the account described himself in various posts as a laid-off graphic designer, a former Uber driver and a disc jockey. He wrote that he was living off food stamps and sleeping on a friend’s couch.

In early April, a person using the name Alan Jeffs created a petition on the website Change.org. It included a video first posted on a Twitter account controlled by the Alan Jeffs persona who runs Left Behind USA. The petition called for the governor of Wisconsin to postpone the Democratic primary because of the health risks of the novel coronavirus.

It included a photo of a smiling, bearded man, purportedly Jeffs, and said he was in Beaver Falls, Pa. Using a reverse image search, The Post found that the photo came from the stock photo website depositphotos.com.

The Left Behind USA Facebook page was created June 2. When The Post initially sought an interview in mid-June, the person controlling the Facebook page responded in a message: “I don’t prefer to talk to conservative media sources.”

The person later identified himself as 39-year-old Jeffs and provided several details about his background. “I have been politically active since I was old enough to vote and have voted Democratic in every presidential and midterm election that I’ve been able to,” the person wrote in a private Facebook message to The Post.

Election officials in Iowa’s Polk County told The Post that no one by the name Alan Jeffs has ever been registered to vote in the state, according to a database search. Officials in Pennsylvania said there was no one by that name on that state’s active or inactive voter rolls, either.

On June 11, Left Behind USA posted an image on its Facebook page that seemed designed to agitate.

Around an illustration of a U.S. flag aflame, it announced: “Antifa presents: 4th of July Flag Burning To Peacefully Protest For Abolishing Police Nationwide.”

“No Bikers, Militias Or Other So-Called Patriots,” it said. “Children Welcome - Antifa Face-Painting”

They are working overtime to divide our nation and cause as much problems and chaos as possible.

Have they tracked that down?

They seem to need a villain to unify around and take on all the percieved sins of their opponents...Soros, Antifa, BLM...Leftists...Democrats...

I keep going back to Gringrich's memo, that changed the future of political relations and discourse. No longer are we oppo ents, we are THE ENEMY and we have a president who clearly and repeatedly defines as such. It is no longer about ideas it is about being.

I dont know who is behind hoaxes like this but it is simply one of many and eventually one will go wrong with so many people on edge.
The funny thing is that, as the Trumpsters desperately attack the group, it also looks like they're attacking the philosophy.

They just lack the intellectual acuity to see outside their talk radio vacuum.

So, I think they should just keep it up. :)

Last edited:
[

who are these people?

Seems to me they should be looking for the instigator a little harder. But tell me, did these 'vigilantes' burn down a City? Did they burn cop cars? Did they loot? Did they desecrate the area? Of course they didn't but OH BOY would WaPo (and you) have loved to hang that one on Trump!!!

What does that have to do with the topic? How is Trump even part of this discussion?

As hoaxes go this one was pretty benign thanks to the guys who showed up and realized there was nothing to be done so they went home.

This time.

But like the hoax about Antifa burning the burbs...you’ve got armed people, high on adrenaline, believing it...twitchy. What if the opposing group saw it and decided to join in?
This is very dangerous. We are on the cusp of a lot of violence, and it will not take too much to set it off. You can only poke a sleeping bear but so many times before he wakes up and swats your head off, and ironically, it will be the very institutions they are now trashing to which the leftists will turn for protection.
Which sleeping bear is being poked? We have the rightists trashing their own set of institutions necessary for a free society...independent judiciary, voting rights, civil society...

who are these people?

The difference is that no harm was done here, because the Right showed up and there was nothing going on, adn that was the end of it.

Compare that to the frauds from the left that gin up hate that eventually leads to violence. As intended.
The "right showed up?" Translates to the KKK.

No, it doesn't. Try to be less bat shit crazy.

My point stands.

Far right protest....

161118163001-north-carolina-kkk-exlarge-169.jpg

[

who are these people?

This time.

Which sleeping bear is being poked? We have the rightists trashing their own set of institutions necessary for a free society...independent judiciary, voting rights, civil society...
I thought I made that clear. The right has historically allowed the left to demonstrate, remonstrate, riot, and generally make idiots of themselves because the right values the freedom to make political voices heard, and were otherwise occupied going about their daily lives and taking care of their families. Now, however, the left has progressed to the point where they are successfully shutting down a lot of free speech through threats of violence and is harassing politicians for right wing political views as well attacking ordinary citizens simply for daring to express support for the president through wearing a hat. The right is getting tired of the hectoring and physical destruction from the left, and the gloves are coming off. I fear it will not be long before we see a lot of bloodshed, deadly bloodshed. Naturally, the usual suspects will ignore the decades of pressure buildup and will run around like Chicken Little, screeching that the destruction must be allowed to continue unimpeded, no opposition is to be allowed.

Free society? What is more free than the freedom to express your political stance without the fear that someone will bash you over the head for wearing the wrong color hat? Independent judiciary? Don't even start on that. The left has been politicizing the judiciary and trying to make it activist for decades. Civil society? It's not the right that's rioting, burning buildings, occupying city blocks and issuing demands. That's the left.

Like I said, the right is getting fed up, woken up, and there will be bloodshed, probably lots of it.

Did you, or the little Goebbels of the America hating Washington Post have some sort of point, other than that you hate America?
One post showed a poster that advertised a flag-burning, complete with Antifa members doing face painting, of all things. Another post suggested that 30,000 members of Antifa were planning to invade Gettysburg and its suburbs to kill white people and Trump supporters. That post also suggested that Antifa members had been setting off fireworks for weeks leading up to the holiday to inure people to the sound of gunfire so they wouldn’t call the police when Antifa began executing white people.

Both things turned out to be, as the president of the United States would say, fake news.

View attachment 359688
A group of individuals, some armed, talk near an entrance to the Gettysburg National Cemetery in Gettysburg National Military Park on Saturday, July 4, 2020. (Photo: Dan Rainville, The Evening Sun)

“Obviously, it was all made up,” said Kurt Andresen, a physics professor at Gettysburg College who visited the battlefield Sunday wearing a Black Lives Matter T-shirt. “(The flag-burning event) was made up by a right-wing group to try to get a rise out of people. They got what they wanted.”

And?

It's not like the Brown Shirts of ANTIFA and the BLM Klan don't do these things on a daily basis.
There is no BLM klan and they don't do it every day.

So misinformed.

who are these people?

My point stands.

Far right protest....

you really need to learn what far right is in this country,,cause based on this you have it all wrong,,,

[

who are these people?

This time.

republicans are not right wing in this country,,,
they are left wing,,just not as far left as dems,,,

who are these people?

My point stands.

Far right protest....

2017_Charlottesville,_Virginia_car_attack_photograph.jpg

No, I should have said I believe they are russian trolls.

They fit the profile.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be russian trolls. They did the same type of thing in 2016. All to divide, cause chaos and elect trump.

They are using the same playbook in 2020.

Or it's as you posted earlier, far right radical groups. They seem to need to have a boogieman to be afraid of. Or an enemy to fight.

Either way, something has to be done about all this. If it's allowed to continue, people are going to end up hurt or dead.

No, I should have said I believe they are russian trolls.

They fit the profile.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be russian trolls. They did the same type of thing in 2016. All to divide, cause chaos and elect trump.

They are using the same playbook in 2020.

Or it's as you posted earlier, far right radical groups. They seem to need to have a boogieman to be afraid of. Or an enemy to fight.

Either way, something has to be done about all this. If it's allowed to continue, people are going to end up hurt or dead.
There are no far right political groups with any real power or political clout. However, there are MANY far left groups with great power and political clout. Democrats are the party of the far left.

Forum List

Back