And now for something completely different.........

Well, Mr. Monday DID play baseball, AND he did this wonderfully patriotic deed DURING a baseball game. If THAT isn't baseball, I don't know what IS.....

It isn't. Baseball involves moving balls and players.

You started a nice thread here about non-political stuff and here comes a guy to fuck it up. Have Rick Monday haul him away, he's off topic.

Was that kid you Pogo?
Well, from his hatred of pretty much ANYTHING American and patriotic, it sure COULD'VE been!

Well, Mr. Monday DID play baseball, AND he did this wonderfully patriotic deed DURING a baseball game. If THAT isn't baseball, I don't know what IS.....

Be quiet dont mention being patriotic to Pogo.

What forum are we in, numnutz? Hm?

The sports forum?

You started a nice thread here about non-political stuff and here comes a guy to fuck it up. Have Rick Monday haul him away, he's off topic.

Was that kid you Pogo?
Well, from his hatred of pretty much ANYTHING American and patriotic, it sure COULD'VE been!

Derailing YOUR OWN THREAD now?

My, aren't you easily pushed around by trollage.

The sports forum?

Correct. So talk sports or get the fuck out.

He-he! Thanks for bringing some comic relief to this thread, Pogo!

He-he! Thanks for bringing some comic relief to this thread, Pogo!

I presume you refer to Margaret Thatcher. She's off topic too but it's funny rather than stirring shit.

I posted that here when she passed. Still a favourite. But she can't hit the curveball.

The sports forum?

So now the Cubs are not sports?

You could of fooled us.

Was that kid you Pogo?

Derailing YOUR OWN THREAD now?

My, aren't you easily pushed around by trollage.
He-he, part 3. If you don't like it, GO THE F*CK AWAY. Thank you.

Chico Esquela :eusa_shifty:

Hank Aaron was a beast. One night he was hitting against Robin Roberts. Aaron swung and hit a line drive right back to the mound that whistled past Roberts' ear as he lunged too late to stop it. Roberts then turned around and watched the same ball sailing over the centerfield fence. Right over the sign that said "447". Such was his power.

Dick Allen, awesome hitter. To be accurate Dick Allen did not "hit" the ball --- he punished it. The only time I've seen a baseball screaming in pain. Once Allen had done his stuff with the baseball if it wasn't in orbit it was mush and you just had to throw it away.

And Sandy Koufax was the most intimidatingly unhittable pitcher I've ever seen.
I like Allen. A lot of controversy in the 1960's though. He and Johnny Callison were the everyday players in that time period I liked. And pitcher Jim Bunning the other.

The sports forum?

You could of fooled us.

The Cubs are in sports. When they play.

What you posted was not play. Perhaps you're too stupid to know this. Perhaps you should just watch while the adults talk. Perhaps you're mouthing the words as you read this.

Chico Esquela :eusa_shifty:

Hank Aaron was a beast. One night he was hitting against Robin Roberts. Aaron swung and hit a line drive right back to the mound that whistled past Roberts' ear as he lunged too late to stop it. Roberts then turned around and watched the same ball sailing over the centerfield fence. Right over the sign that said "447". Such was his power.

Dick Allen, awesome hitter. To be accurate Dick Allen did not "hit" the ball --- he punished it. The only time I've seen a baseball screaming in pain. Once Allen had done his stuff with the baseball if it wasn't in orbit it was mush and you just had to throw it away.

And Sandy Koufax was the most intimidatingly unhittable pitcher I've ever seen.
I like Allen. A lot of controversy in the 1960's though. He and Johnny Callison were the everyday players in that time period I liked. And pitcher Jim Bunning the other.

Father's Day 1964, still remember it vividly. We were listening on the radio enroute to Grandma's house and watched the rest of it there (she was a lifelong baseball fan). Then Bunning was on the Ed Sullivan show that night.

And Johnny's walk-off HR to win the All-Star game. And the way he could throw a runner out from two miles away.

Hey OP, we got Callison from the White Sox IIRC.

The sports forum?

You could of fooled us.

What you posted was not play. Perhaps you're too stupid to know this. Perhaps you should just watch while the adults talk. Perhaps you're mouthing the words as you read this.

You fucking retard I watched that game, when they where playing the Dodgers

The sports forum?

You could of fooled us.

uh huh.
What was the score? Who pitched? What were the significant plays?

Nolan Ryan. Bob Gibson. Mickey Mantle. Roberto Clemente, wish I could have seen Satchel Paige...it is an endless list Bagwell, Biggio, Joe Morgan, Billy Doran, JR Richards.......

Who are some of your FAVORITE major league baseball players all-time? Not necessarily the ones you consider the BEST players all-time, but your favorites. Mine are 1) Harold Baines, being a staunch White Sox fan since 1970, I really admired Harold's play when he was a member of the Sox, and the other teams he played for. He was always very quiet and unassuming, AND one of the top 5 designated hitters all-time, IMHO. I was thrilled to see him get inducted into the Hall of Fame, thanks to the Veteran's Committee, who can vote in players after so many years of not being voted in by the regular committee. 2) Cesar Cedeno, he put up some nice career numbers, I believe he could've been Hall of Fame quality if things had gone differently for him. He had power AND speed, he finished with over 500 career stolen bases. I believe he retired too soon, and just didn't seem to put up the single season numbers I think he was capable of. What caused this? I'm not sure, but he WAS entertaining to watch. I always made it a point to watch his team(s) play against the Chicago Cubs. 3) Eric Davis, another player with power AND speed. He also finished with over 500 stolen bases in his career. Unfortunately his health problems, which dogged him the last several years of his career, robbed him of many, many games. I believe if it hadn't been for his health issues, he would have put up career numbers worthy of the Hall of Fame. 4) Babe Ruth, just amazing career numbers by the Bambino. He could do it all offensively, AND was a very fine pitcher, as well, before he became an everyday player. He is perhaps THE most legendary player the game has seen, and very worthy of that legendary status. 5) Hank Aaron, just a tremendous player, always quiet and unassuming. He let his numbers speak for him. So there are MY five favorites all-time, who are some of yours?
I checked Eric Davis' career stats, he had just 349 career stolen bases, but he did finish with 282 home runs.

Pete Rose virtually invented the head-first slide that is now common. Before him nobody was doing that. He would run to first base on a walk. Confused the shit out of defenses who would sometimes throw down thinking there was a play on. Rose was always 'on'. And over his career played about every position except maybe catcher.

The sports forum?

You could of fooled us.

uh huh.
He-he, part four!

The sports forum?

You could of fooled us.

uh huh.

So now you telling us there was a baseball game that day between the Dodgers and Cubs?

The sports forum?

He-he, part five!

Forum List

Back