Analysis of the Uvalde school shooting and lessons that need to be learned.

This is a look at post Uvalde information and the lessons that need to be learned….

A fourth opportunity to stop him could have happened by engaging the lock to Room 111 in the school. Unlike other rooms, he was able to simply open the door and walk in several times because the door was probably not locked to begin with.

Additionally, the school’s staff was not armed and ready to repel the shooter. That’s a fifth failure to act that happened long before the shooting.

Dozens Of Additional Lost Opportunities To Reduce The Number Of Dead

It was only at this point, after several good opportunities had been squandered by an individual officer and society at large, that the killing of children commenced. But, there were more opportunities to stop the killing.
———
A breaching tool arrives in the hallway at 12:35 PM, but the assault doesn’t start until 12:50, well over an hour after the shooting began.

During this time, it should be noted that police outside were physically assaulting parents who wanted to go in and do their jobs.

In a Texas district that usually votes Democrat can anybody be surprised at incompetency and cowardice?

The best way to stop a school shooting is to shoot back.
If the faculty/administration/staff cannot do this - then who?

In my school, it would be a staff member who is a veteran who would volunteer. I'm fine with volunteers doing this. I'm not fine with anyone insisting that a certain number MUST be voluntold

In my school, it would be a staff member who is a veteran who would volunteer. I'm fine with volunteers doing this. I'm not fine with anyone insisting that a certain number MUST be voluntold

Again, no one has said this..........

All you have to do is allow certain staff, an unknown number to the public, with their locations in the building kept secret, to keep attackers away.........this is better than an armed, uniformed guard, because the shooters make plans to take them out first......while they can't account for unknown, armed staff....

Again, no one has said this..........

All you have to do is allow certain staff, an unknown number to the public, with their locations in the building kept secret, to keep attackers away.........this is better than an armed, uniformed guard, because the shooters make plans to take them out first......while they can't account for unknown, armed staff....

If no staff volunteers, is someone going to be compelled?

No one has suggested this.

Well if there are schools where no one will volunteer, believe me, it will be just one more reason for conservatives to HATE teachers. We are already being asked to do so much for so little and at no small risk--I was just assaulted AGAIN last week and had to file an incident report.

Well if there are schools where no one will volunteer, believe me, it will be just one more reason for conservatives to HATE teachers. We are already being asked to do so much for so little and at no small risk--I was just assaulted AGAIN last week and had to file an incident report.
I know plenty of teachers, at all levels of education.

Moron...we don't hate teachers.........we hate leftists using schools to indoctrinate students to hate this country, to become racists, and to groom children for sex......

You have a problem with those things?

Well, if my fellow conservatives could come back around to agreeing and publicly stating that not all teachers are out to sexualize or indoctrinate children, and some of us even voted for Trump and teach Sunday School, this would be a huge step in the right direction.
Plenty of conservatives understand your premise.

Outside door was not locked, classroom door was not locked. Was this a one-time mistake? Why don't they lock automatically and have badge entry for the smoking teachers or whatever was going on.

Other classrooms were locked. Killer found the one that was not locked?

Outside door was not locked, classroom door was not locked. Was this a one-time mistake? Why don't they lock automatically and have badge entry for the smoking teachers or whatever was going on.

Other classrooms were locked. Killer found the one that was not locked?

Yep.....the failure to implement the simplest solution led to the deadliest outcome when the school failed.......

Moron...we don't hate teachers.........we hate leftists using schools to indoctrinate students to hate this country, to become racists, and to groom children for sex......

You have a problem with those things?

And how do they "use the schools"....using who? Custodians? Bus drivers? The lunch lady?

c'mon

Yes, these things are perverse and detestable. And yes, my fellow conservatives have vastly overstated the risk.

How did he know to pick THAT DAY and go right to the back door that happened to be unlocked by accident first time ever? WTH? Are they on dope? If you fall for that BS then you can understand Donald H posts perhaps?

Not only that....he crashed his car in the ditch outside and fired shots. The school persons in charge of your Childrens safety STILL did not go and lock the outside door. Come on. Lockdown, warning shots fired? perhaps? OK, maybe no one heard them? BS, I think a teacher was outside smoking or other.

It isn't a matter of them actively fighting the attacker....it is the mere presence of an unknown number of armed individuals in unknown locations around the building that keeps mass public shooters from attacking in the first place.......we know this from the various attackers taken alive and from their journals and manifestos when they die........

That is the thing that too many don't understand.....just stating there are armed staff on campus will keep attackers away.......
What's the plan? Intimidate the librarian into carrying a weapon she is unqualified for and inexperienced to use in a scenario to intimidate potential sociopaths from invading a school?

Lock up the grounds and get security. Badge entry only. 2 pass event. Piglousy and the criminals in DC have security.

What's the plan? Intimidate the librarian into carrying a weapon she is unqualified for and inexperienced to use in a scenario to intimidate potential sociopaths from invading a school?

No, dipshit.... they ask for volunteers and then put them through fire arm training........as much as an actual security guard or armored car driver.....

Again, the point is they dont have ro be SEALs, their mere wxistence drives away potential attackers who dont know who they are or where they are in the building...

We know from actual mass public shooters taken alive and from the journals and manifestos that they target gun free zones....

Forum List

Back