An Uncomfortable Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
anthony-johnson-the-father-american-slavery-vik-politics-1391513005.jpg

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

You tell me if it hurts or not.

Thats been debunked soundly and emphatically about a million times House. Hugh Gwyn was the first slave owner. Sorry.

Coincidentally the POTUS mother is descended from John Punch who became the first slave. So was Ralph Bunche.

John Punch (slave) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For this reason, historians consider John Punch the "first official slave in the English colonies,"[4] and his case as the "first legal sanctioning of lifelong slavery in the Chesapeake."[5] Historians also consider this to be one of the first legal distinctions between Europeans and Africans made in the colony,[6] and his case a key milestone in the development of the institution of slavery in the United States.

There's no helping the willfully ignorant, so go ahead and claim you know something when you can't even figure out why a civil judge granting ownership of a person is fundamentally different than a judge giving a criminal their sentence.

There's no helping the willfully ignorant, so go ahead and claim you know something when you can't even figure out why a civil judge granting ownership of a person is fundamentally different than a judge giving a criminal their sentence.

I know you are willfully ignorant but you need to try harder.

Why dont you tell me the fundamental difference between being a slave and being in lifetime servitude. While your at it why dont you tell everyone what it means when historians consider John Punch the "first official slave in the English colonies,"

John H. Russell defined slavery in his book, The Free Negro In Virginia, 1619-1865.

The difference between a servant and a slave is elementary and fundamental. The loss of liberty to the servant was temporary; the bondage of the slave was perpetual. It is the distinction made by Beverly in 1705 when he wrote, "They are call'd Slaves in respect of the time of their Servitude, because it is for Life." Wherever, according to the customs and laws of the colony, negroes were regarded and held as servants without a future right to freedom, there we should find the beginning of slavery in that colony.[18]

Three matters decided by the Virginia Governor's Council from 04 June 1640 through 09 July 1640.
Historians have noted that John Punch ceased being an indentured servant and became a slave, as he was sentenced to "serve his said master or his assigns for the time of his natural Life."[19] Edgar Toppin states that "Punch, in effect, became a slave under this ruling."[20] Leon A. Higginbotham said, "Thus, although he committed the same crime as the Dutchman and the Scotsman, John Punch, a black man, was sentenced to lifetime slavery."[21] Winthrop Jordan also described this court ruling as "...the first definite indication of outright enslavement appears in Virginia...'the third being a negro named John Punch shall serve his said master or his assigns for the time of his natural life here or else where."

Got any good answers to those questions that prove you dont know jack shit about that which you speak of?

Last edited:

Why dont you tell me the fundamental difference between being a slave and being in lifetime servitude.

Criminals did something wrong first, dipshit.

Thought I spelled that out earlier, but then... you are a fucking retard.

Since you need to be told several times for something to sink in...

For all their whining about an experience that they haven't even suffered from, they like to overlook the source of their oppression (which is conveniently omitted from black history month).

Any black people wanting apologies and reparations... look up this man's descendants and take it up with them.

You're welcome.
Untrue and even if true it matters not. The USA legalized the enslavement of black people and no one else. No one else.

Why dont you tell me the fundamental difference between being a slave and being in lifetime servitude.

Criminals did something wrong first, dipshit.

What does that have to do with you being wrong about who the first slave owner was?

What does that have to do with you being wrong about who the first slave owner was?

Like I said, you're retarded. The fact you can't grasp the difference between a prisoner serving his sentence for which he was duly convicted and an innocent man being sentenced to a life of bondage which set the precedence for civilians owning slaves says all I need to know about you.

That you don't know when to shut the fuck up and move on when you have nothing new to offer also tells me that you're not worth the time of reading.

Like I said, you're retarded. The fact you can't grasp the difference between a prisoner serving his sentence for which he was duly convicted and an innocent man being sentenced to a life of bondage which set the precedence for civilians owning slaves says all I need to know about you.

That you don't know when to shut the fuck up and move on when you have nothing new to offer also tells me that you're not worth the time of reading.

What does that have to do with him being the first slave or Hugh Gwyn being the first slave owner? Your inability to answer that question along with your inability to control your anger at being humiliated is telling.

Thats been debunked soundly and emphatically about a million times House. Hugh Gwyn was the first slave owner. Sorry.

Coincidentally the POTUS mother is descended from John Punch who became the first slave. So was Ralph Bunche.

For this reason, historians consider John Punch the "first official slave in the English colonies,"[4] and his case as the "first legal sanctioning of lifelong slavery in the Chesapeake."[5] Historians also consider this to be one of the first legal distinctions between Europeans and Africans made in the colony,[6] and his case a key milestone in the development of the institution of slavery in the United States.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back