An Oklahoma corrections officer was found guilty of helping white supremacists attack Black detainees in jail

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
  • A former corrections officer in Oklahoma was found guilty of aiding white supremacist attacks.
  • Matthew Ware commanded lower-ranking officers to move two Black detainees to a cell row with white supremacist inmates, the Justice Department said.
  • He also commanded officers to unlock the cell doors, resulting in injury to the Black detainees.
A federal jury in Oklahoma found a former corrections officer guilty on Friday of facilitating white supremacist attacks on incarcerated Black people.
Matthew Ware, a former supervisory corrections officer at the Kay County Detention Center, violated "the civil rights of three pretrial detainees," the Justice Department said in a release.
According to the release, Ware "willfully" deprived them of their "right to be free from a corrections officer's deliberate indifference to a substantial risk of serious harm" and "use of excessive force," a jury found.
In 2017, Ware commanded lower-ranking officers to move two Black detainees to a cell row that housed "white supremacist" inmates, the release stated. These inmates "posed a danger" to the detainees, D'Angelo Wilson and Marcus Miller.
Later that day, Ware ordered the officers to unlock the doors to both the jail cells of the detainees and of the white supremacist inmates.
"When Ware's orders were followed, the white supremacist inmates attacked Wilson and Miller, resulting in physical injury to both, including a facial laceration to Wilson that required seven stitches to close," the release said.

They should put this coward in that same prison in Gen Pop. This probably goes on all across the country.

• A former corrections officer in Oklahoma was found guilty of aiding white supremacist attacks.
  • Matthew Ware commanded lower-ranking officers to move two Black detainees to a cell row with white supremacist inmates, the Justice Department said.
  • He also commanded officers to unlock the cell doors, resulting in injury to the Black detainees.
A federal jury in Oklahoma found a former corrections officer guilty on Friday of facilitating white supremacist attacks on incarcerated Black people.
Matthew Ware, a former supervisory corrections officer at the Kay County Detention Center, violated "the civil rights of three pretrial detainees," the Justice Department said in a release.
According to the release, Ware "willfully" deprived them of their "right to be free from a corrections officer's deliberate indifference to a substantial risk of serious harm" and "use of excessive force," a jury found.
In 2017, Ware commanded lower-ranking officers to move two Black detainees to a cell row that housed "white supremacist" inmates, the release stated. These inmates "posed a danger" to the detainees, D'Angelo Wilson and Marcus Miller.
Later that day, Ware ordered the officers to unlock the doors to both the jail cells of the detainees and of the white supremacist inmates.
"When Ware's orders were followed, the white supremacist inmates attacked Wilson and Miller, resulting in physical injury to both, including a facial laceration to Wilson that required seven stitches to close," the release said.

They should put this coward in that same prison in Gen Pop. This probably goes on all across the country.

The dumb ass throws away a good paying job to instead go down the hate path and throw away his freedom while hurting others for no credible reason but be stupid in hate.

We despised the 88ers, they were a lot more trouble than the blacks, of any flavor.

Now what I have seen done was when a 88er made a veiled threat we took it as a valid threat, we charged them and increased their security level and transferred them to one of the two Super Max Prisons in SW Virginia.....Red Onion and Wallens Ridge.

OK Mr. Bad Ass....Enjoy your 8 by 10 and your hour in your dog pen..... "Sitting on the Onion" or "Wasting away at Wallens Ridge" is no joke.....Both are in the middle of nowhere.

Red Onion

OIP.krf-hUqEdpj7_SvqUlDthwHaFT

Wallens Ridge

251877f1277e1a4548fb5c8a50845b01.jpg

Sounds like the typical shit that goes on in Okiehoma..

We despised the 88ers, they were a lot more trouble than the blacks, of any flavor.

Now what I have seen done was when a 88er made a veiled threat we took it as a valid threat, we charged them and increased their security level and transferred them to one of the two Super Max Prisons in SW Virginia.....Red Onion and Wallens Ridge.

OK Mr. Bad Ass....Enjoy your 8 by 10 and your hour in your dog pen..... "Sitting on the Onion" or "Wasting away at Wallens Ridge" is no joke.....Both are in the middle of nowhere.

Red Onion

OIP.krf-hUqEdpj7_SvqUlDthwHaFT

You know Red Onion is extremely rural because when the officers were in formation, there was not a single black person amongst the officers. (26:34)

Also, at 27:10, the guy says "We now have the Glock .40's in position, make sure you have your weapons card"….. What? I've never heard of prison guards carrying a handgun, I'm not sure what exactly any of that means.

Clearly, Virginia does not screw around, you do the crime, you will do the time. Lots of time.

You know Red Onion is extremely rural because when the officers were in formation, there was not a single black person amongst the officers. (26:34)

Also, at 27:10, the guy says "We now have the Glock .40's in position, make sure you have your weapons card"….. What? I've never heard of prison guards carrying a handgun, I'm not sure what exactly any of that means.

Clearly, Virginia does not screw around, you do the crime, you will do the time. Lots of time.
Nope, no blacks to speak of down there.

LOL.....They had a black Warden from a prison in the Tidewater area (Sussex 1) that they wanted to send to the Onion to blacken things up a bit and he said he would resign first before he moved down there.

Both Sussex 1 and 2 are almost entirely staffed by blacks.....And their contraband issues bear that out.

Sussex 1 is also a Level 5 (Max security level) prison and was the closest thing we had to a Supermax before the two in SW Virginia were built.....Death Row is at Sussex 1.

What did the two black criminals do to make the guards want to put them with other prisoners who didn't like them? Something tells me that they had it coming.

Did an internet search of D'Angelo Wilson since that seemed the more unusual name. Apparently it is not. And virtually all results indicate a D'Angelo Wilson shot someone, another D'Angelo Wilson was shot, another D'Angelo Wilson committed suicide. Quite a disaster area. Maybe the name is jinxed. There is one case in Oklahoma and indicated something like a 30 year sentence (15 with good behavior) :eusa_think: with the most recent violation possession of a firearm with over 2 felony convictions. Strike 3!

What did the two black criminals do to make the guards want to put them with other prisoners who didn't like them? Something tells me that they had it coming.
It doesn't matter. Officers must hold themselves to a better standard than that. It's not their place to administer that kind of punishment.

Sounds like the typical shit that goes on in Okiehoma..
You're such a dim... bet you've never even been there. Amirite? :p

Here's a funny story about the FIRST time I went to Oklahoma. Superbadbrutha might enjoy this too.

About 15 years ago I was a working musician, and I drove out to Oklahoma (to Tulsa) to pick up some gear.

It was just me in my Jeep Cherokee, piled to the rafters with gear - speakers, computers, wires of all kinds...

So I'm on my way back out of Tulsa, and I get stopped by a state trooper. BIG black guy, looked like Fridge Perry, this guy was big. So I'm with the out of state plates, and he's checking out all the gear going what is this crap... so I explained, and he started smiling, he goes "my aunt sang backup for James Brown". So I started smiling too, and we had a nice conversation.

This is the funny part - he says, "the reason I stopped you is because you were driving in the left lane of the highway - here in Oklahoma you're only allowed to do that to pass. Just obey the law and you'll be fine".

So I'm like "yes sir" and grinning from ear to ear - only... I was high as a kite. The guy that sold me the gear gave me a joint and I smoked it just before I got on the road. So the first thing I do, when the car starts up, is get right back into the left lane and start driving again. :p

So the cop, he's up ahead of me some 500 yards by now, he starts to slow down. I see him putting on the brakes, and I'm like uh oh, and then the lights come on, uh oh -

And then I see him doing one of these little weaving numbers across the lanes, like they do when they want to stop traffic. I'm still in the left lane, so I mozy on over to the right and slow down, and he keeps slowing down till he's right in front of me, like 50 feet away. But he doesn't stop. We continue this way, at about 25 mph, for maybe a minute, and then he finally sidles left and pulls up right next to me, and I look over at him and I see him laughing his ass off. Which makes me grin too. And then he smiles this little knowing smile, and rolls his eyes, and waves, and takes off.

I have to say, I fell in love with Oklahoma on the spot. Okies are very nice people.

You're such a dim... bet you've never even been there. Amirite? :p

Here's a funny story about the FIRST time I went to Oklahoma. Superbadbrutha might enjoy this too.

About 15 years ago I was a working musician, and I drove out to Oklahoma (to Tulsa) to pick up some gear.

It was just me in my Jeep Cherokee, piled to the rafters with gear - speakers, computers, wires of all kinds...

So I'm on my way back out of Tulsa, and I get stopped by a state trooper. BIG black guy, looked like Fridge Perry, this guy was big. So I'm with the out of state plates, and he's checking out all the gear going what is this crap... so I explained, and he started smiling, he goes "my aunt sang backup for James Brown". So I started smiling too, and we had a nice conversation.

This is the funny part - he says, "the reason I stopped you is because you were driving in the left lane of the highway - here in Oklahoma you're only allowed to do that to pass. Just obey the law and you'll be fine".

So I'm like "yes sir" and grinning from ear to ear - only... I was high as a kite. The guy that sold me the gear gave me a joint and I smoked it just before I got on the road. So the first thing I do, when the car starts up, is get right back into the left lane and start driving again. :p

So the cop, he's up ahead of me some 500 yards by now, he starts to slow down. I see him putting on the brakes, and I'm like uh oh, and then the lights come on, uh oh -

And then I see him doing one of these little weaving numbers across the lanes, like they do when they want to stop traffic. I'm still in the left lane, so I mozy on over to the right and slow down, and he keeps slowing down till he's right in front of me, like 50 feet away. But he doesn't stop. We continue this way, at about 25 mph, for maybe a minute, and then he finally sidles left and pulls up right next to me, and I look over at him and I see him laughing his ass off. Which makes me grin too. And then he smiles this little knowing smile, and rolls his eyes, and waves, and takes off.

I have to say, I fell in love with Oklahoma on the spot. Okies are very nice people.
I grew up in OKC lived there 25 years.

You know, you had a good post workin' there until you posted this shit.

It probably doesn't happen all across the country, and you've got nothing but your own racism to support such nonsense...

An Oklahoma corrections officer was found guilty of helping white supremacists attack Black detainees in jail​

Yeah no shit, this is why the George Floyd protests happened in 2020. We want this southern racism in red states to stop

Forum List

Back