An Inconvenient Truth: Gore Proven Spectacularly Wrong on Glacier National Park

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Call me when those screaming it’s a crisis start acting like it’s a crisis and actually get something right.

In Biblical times prophets who got it wrong were stoned to death.

F64640B7-EFF7-49F0-B124-A0C678F8F76D.jpeg

In his 2006 book, An Inconvenient Truth, Al Gore asserted there would be no more glaciers in Glacier National Park by 2012. “Our own Glacier National Park will soon need to be renamed, ‘the park formerly known as Glacier,’” Gore wrote. Here in 2020, however, glaciers remain in abundance in the Park. Call this another Al Gore prediction that spectacularly failed.

On page 47 of his book, Gore writes, “I climbed to the top of the bigger glacier in this park with one of my daughters in 1997 and heard from the scientists who accompanied us that within 15 years all of the glaciers throughout the park will likely be gone.”

Yet, Caitlyn Florentine, a research physical scientist with the U.S. Geological Survey’s Northern Rocky Mountain Science Center, told Montana Public Radio earlier this year that 26 named glaciers continue to exist in Glacier National Park, eight years after Gore’s no-glacier deadline.

Call me when those screaming it’s a crisis start acting like it’s a crisis and actually get something right.

View attachment 348046

In his 2006 book, An Inconvenient Truth, Al Gore asserted there would be no more glaciers in Glacier National Park by 2012. “Our own Glacier National Park will soon need to be renamed, ‘the park formerly known as Glacier,’” Gore wrote. Here in 2020, however, glaciers remain in abundance in the Park. Call this another Al Gore prediction that spectacularly failed.

On page 47 of his book, Gore writes, “I climbed to the top of the bigger glacier in this park with one of my daughters in 1997 and heard from the scientists who accompanied us that within 15 years all of the glaciers throughout the park will likely be gone.”

Yet, Caitlyn Florentine, a research physical scientist with the U.S. Geological Survey’s Northern Rocky Mountain Science Center, told Montana Public Radio earlier this year that 26 named glaciers continue to exist in Glacier National Park, eight years after Gore’s no-glacier deadline.

The whole melting propaganda was silly in the first place, since it was nearly all melted away early in the Holocene, then reached its peak by the end of the LIA, thus melting back was expected.

He was also spectacularly wrong about Arctic Summer ice too.....

:abgg2q.jpg:

View attachment 348046

The whole melting propaganda was silly in the first place, since it was nearly all melted away early in the Holocene, then reached its peak by the end of the LIA, thus melting back was expected.

He was also spectacularly wrong about Arctic Summer ice too.....

:abgg2q.jpg:
There are some 36 glacial regions in the park that have returned in the last 5 years and they are all growing... Al was so wrong that I cant decide which area of his predictions to start on. They all failed... Spectacularly.

Wait ... if it wasn't for Al Gore bringing this to our attention ... we wouldn't have done anything to correct the problem ...

Obviously ... we have done things and the remaining glaciers are proof positive THEY WORKED !!! ... we saved the planet from certain destruction ...

Thank you, Al Gore, I hope the $10,000,000,000 is enough money for you ... you deserve much much more ...

Yes, I'm being sarcastic if you didn't notice ...

Meanwhile, back in reality ...

---
In 2017, the USGS published a time series analysis of the glacier margins of the named glaciers of Glacier National Park . The areas measured are from 1966, 1998, 2005 and 2015/2016, marking approximately 50 years of change in glacier area. Scientists used aerial photography and satellite imagery to measure the perimeters of the glaciers in late summer when seasonal snow had melted to reveal the extent of the glacial ice. The data table shows that all glaciers have been reduced in area since 1966 with some glaciers having been reduced by as much as 85% by 2015. The average area reduction over the approximately 50-year period is 39%. Currently, only 26 glaciers are larger than 0.1 square kilometers (25 acres) which is used as a guideline for deciding if bodies of ice are large enough to be considered glaciers.
---

This is a fine example of a GDS (Gore Derangement Syndrome) thread. Those who can discuss the science, do. Those who can't, they look for politicians to demonize, as a way of diverting from the science.

---
In 2017, the USGS published a time series analysis of the glacier margins of the named glaciers of Glacier National Park . The areas measured are from 1966, 1998, 2005 and 2015/2016, marking approximately 50 years of change in glacier area. Scientists used aerial photography and satellite imagery to measure the perimeters of the glaciers in late summer when seasonal snow had melted to reveal the extent of the glacial ice. The data table shows that all glaciers have been reduced in area since 1966 with some glaciers having been reduced by as much as 85% by 2015. The average area reduction over the approximately 50-year period is 39%. Currently, only 26 glaciers are larger than 0.1 square kilometers (25 acres) which is used as a guideline for deciding if bodies of ice are large enough to be considered glaciers.
---

This is a fine example of a GDS (Gore Derangement Syndrome) thread. Those who can discuss the science, do. Those who can't, they look for politicians to demonize, as a way of diverting from the science.
And NPS had to remove the signs for the glaciers that were to be gone 8 years ago.
You retards act like ice ages are a good thing.

---
---

You ignored what Al $$$ Gore wrote in his book:

"Yet, Caitlyn Florentine, a research physical scientist with the U.S. Geological Survey’s Northern Rocky Mountain Science Center, told Montana Public Radio earlier this year that 26 named glaciers continue to exist in Glacier National Park, eight years after Gore’s no-glacier deadline."

There is no GDS in it, when that is what HE stated, for which he was profoundly wrong, get over it!

Your post was dead on arrival.

I don't care what Gore wrote in his book, because Gore isn't a climate scientist

Why don't you shout "I ONLY CARE ABOUT POLITICIANS, AND NOT THE SCIENCE!" a little louder?

And why are you all running from the point that the glaciers in Glacier National Park are all retreating rapidly? It must bother you a lot, the way that the planet pays no attention to your conspiracy yammering.

I don't care what Gore wrote in his book, because Gore isn't a climate scientist

Why don't you shout "I ONLY CARE ABOUT POLITICIANS, AND NOT THE SCIENCE!" a little louder?

And why are you all running from the point that the glaciers in Glacier National Park are all retreating rapidly? It must bother you a lot, the way that the planet pays no attention to your conspiracy yammering.

Gore was an early leader of the global warming kooks rat pack, which included YOU, Old Rocks, Crick and others. He was the one who conned you ignorant warmists with his deliberate lie about temperature following CO2 changes, when at the time in 2005, already had a number of published papers showing the very opposite. He was also the one who predicted a doomsday date, which expired about 8 years.

Your dishonest statement shows you already ran out of the truth to write about:

They are NOT retreating rapidly, they have melted back because they can't be sustained at the peak of this time of the Holocene when the LIA time frame ended. I have pointed this out a few times already.

I haven't make any conspiracy statement at all, can't you read what I write honsetly?

Where is the conspiracy in this full post quote?

Post 7

"mamooth said:

Retreat of Glaciers in Glacier National Park

www.usgs.gov
www.usgs.gov
---
---

"Yet, Caitlyn Florentine, a research physical scientist with the U.S. Geological Survey’s Northern Rocky Mountain Science Center, told Montana Public Radio earlier this year that 26 named glaciers continue to exist in Glacier National Park, eight years after Gore’s no-glacier deadline."

There is no GDS in it, when that is what HE stated, for which he was profoundly wrong, get over it!

Your post was dead on arrival."

=====

Where is the conspiracy? you putz!

You can't stop lying, it must be a virus you picked up years ago, never left.

Last edited:
Gore was an early leader of the global warming kooks rat pack, which included YOU, Old Rocks, Crick and others.

If you're not lying outright about that, I'm sure you can post the evidence of that. You know, show any of us saying "Well, Al Gore said this, so we should all believe!".

Obviously, you can't, because you're lying about us. You have to, because it's not like you can debate us on the facts.

Gore was an early leader of the global warming kooks rat pack, which included YOU, Old Rocks, Crick and others.

If you're not lying outright about that, I'm sure you can post the evidence of that. You know, show any of us saying "Well, Al Gore said this, so we should all believe!".

Obviously, you can't, because you're lying about us. You have to, because it's not like you can debate us on the facts.

When all you have left is argue over what Al $$$ Gore wrote, then I know you have no case for Glacier Park losing some glacial mass being a danger to humans. Gore was spectacularly wrong, that is a fact, a fact you can't dispute, he was wrong on Arctic as well, wrong about the planet being doomed clock that was supposed to end by 2010.......

Gore, who was the early LEADER of the global warming doomsday pack 10-20 years ago, the same shit head who set up that dishonest 1988 senate subcommittee meeting along with Timothy Worthless, that got James "homer" Hansen to make that sensationalized statement, it was he and Timmy who sets up the setting for the long running global warming scam. That 2005 dishonest presentation got so many of you warmists to have orgasms over his lies, followed him around like a puppy for a few years, before they lost interest in him and his wooden style of talk.

Gore's influence has waned after he made over 100 Million on the scam, that is why warmist/alarmists went to a dull thinking Greta girl to take his place, while he laughed at how easy he fleeced so many warmist lemmings of their money.

So actually you LIED about Gores early influence of warmist/alarmists, he was for a time a little god of the AGW scam.

You have no facts that supports your doom and gloom bullcrap, that is why you make so many miserable replies.

Last edited:

If this will make you feel any better, this is my last post ever on this poorly owned and operated forum. No active Administrator to help the mod team and arbitrate problems. between Mods and members, which is why there is a festering sore ongoing. Many people are complaining and getting no relief for the forum problems, no full explanation being posted over them either.

My last two Personal Messages completely ignored, see people repeatedly break forum rules, get no repercussions for it, saw that vividly this morning, it is time for me to drop this forum for good.

Take care of yourself Mamooth, don't take it too seriously around here.

---
---

While the glaciers that carved GNP’s majestic peaks were part of a glaciation that ended about 12,000 years ago, the relatively small alpine glaciers that cling to mountainsides today are considered geologically new, having formed about 7,000 thousand years ago. These glaciers grew substantially during the Little Ice Age (LIA) that began around 1400 AD and reached their maximum size at the end of the LIA around 1850 AD. Their maximum sizes can be inferred from the mounds of rock and soil left behind, known as moraines. Aerial photography reveals moraines of over 150 glaciers that existed in Glacier National park at the end of the LIA. In 2015, only 26 active named glaciers remain.

Early park visitors and scientists noted that glaciers were retreating as early as 1914. The climate was already warming and glaciers were responding, but the industrial revolution added more carbon dioxide to the atmosphere, furthering glacier retreat. In Glacier National Park, as well as around the globe, glacier mass and extent has decreased during the 20th century in response to warmer temperatures.

Forum List

Back