An honest question for you servicemen and veterans

I see you've totally missed my point eventhough your point is totally valid.
You didn't have a point. You presented a false argument.

This thread is a good Lame Zone candidate IMO.

So you've NEVER heard anyone former military ask that question? Well good for you. I hear it all the time.
I bet you hear lots of other voices in your head too.

You could link us to just ONE such example. From anywhere.

More and more I've noticed a certain mindframe from you gallant freedumb fighters. I'm talking about citizenship. You see, many of you believe this is Rome, and citizenship must be earned on some battlefield chasing haji around for your American empire or whatever stupid reason. Many of you would also say "service should be mandatory for citizenship". To this I ask WHO the HELL are you to tell any American that? Who the hell are YOU claiming to be an AMERICAN, wearing that flag on your uniform by abandoning core American principles not to mention constitution just because you served? Who is feeding you this delusional propaganda?

What the fuck are you smoking....I want some.:cool:

More and more I've noticed a certain mindframe from you gallant freedumb fighters. I'm talking about citizenship. You see, many of you believe this is Rome, and citizenship must be earned on some battlefield chasing haji around for your American empire or whatever stupid reason. Many of you would also say "service should be mandatory for citizenship". To this I ask WHO the HELL are you to tell any American that? Who the hell are YOU claiming to be an AMERICAN, wearing that flag on your uniform by abandoning core American principles not to mention constitution just because you served? Who is feeding you this delusional propaganda?

While I'm not saying that it should be a requirement, I have no problem with every American, at some time or other performing some type of community service.

I've always said I'm pro draft, but some people simply can't shoot a weapon because of conscience. But honorable service isn't always "military".

It's because of the military someone such as yourself can ask the questions you ask with the sneer on your face and the scorn in your voice you obviously aim at patriotic Americans who have served this country honorably.

And, to go further, those on the right who constantly go on about people who have made a billion dollars shouldn't have to pay taxes on it because they make jobs or they "earned it" and should keep it. Let me tell you, how many other countries could they go to and make a billion dollars. Consider their tax a "service charge" for living in a free country where they were able to make a billion and then pay a tiny share to keep the country strong enough that others can also make a billion.

And, to go further, those on the right who constantly go on about people who have made a billion dollars shouldn't have to pay taxes on it
YOU could link us to just one such example as well, nutcase.

WHO has ever said anything like that?

i am a liberal witch....and i think service should be mandatory.

why shouldnt everyone serve? that does not mean everyone has to do military service but there should be some type of service.

there are pros and cons...israel has this system...2 years service, i do believe and someone will correct me if i am wrong...the cost of training is normally balanced by the cost of not having a huge "standing army" but having well trained citizens who can be called up quickly to defend their country. i see no problems with that type of system.

Why do you have to be so insulting? you could have ask this question and had a decent discussion but you opted to be insulting? you may object to patriotic fever, as i do at times, but does that give you the right to insult the men/women who have served? to paint them all with such a broad brush?

many posters on here are retired military. some did their 20 and got out..some, i am assuming, are medically outed due to injuries. A few are in pain daily from injuries received.

oddly enough i find it amusing that you look to these men to perserve freedoms even off the battlefield....

isnt that something you could do?

Lady, what the world needs is truth and honesty. I'm sick and bored of people being dishonest with me by telling me that they are killing brown people to preserve my freedom. There is nothing more dishonest and insulting than that tripe.

As for your post like most progressives you don't have a clue what is to be an American. You condone the warrior class, claim to be an AMERICAN but don't have a clue how the real America should conduct itself. Individual freedom over the collective. Something you can't contemplate.

Unlike you barefooted hicks in the volunteer state I don't need any herb.

I think you are a loon.

I was going to say more but that pretty much sums it up.

And I think you are a brainwashed, uneducated coward.

Unlike you barefooted hicks in the volunteer state I don't need any herb.

i have never heard that serving should be a requirement for citizenship.....

how does serving cause one to abandon american principals and the constitution....which principals and what part of the constitution.....

And, to go further, those on the right who constantly go on about people who have made a billion dollars shouldn't have to pay taxes on it

The right goes on constantly about the rich and why they shouldln't pay taxes. They make jobs, they should keep what they earned.

The Bush tax cuts cost the nation anywhere from 1.8 trillion to 2.5 trillion. More than 50% went to less than 5% of tax payers. Members of this board have repeated over and over again that those people should keep what they were taxed. So don't play dumb.

Buffett blasts system that lets him pay less tax than secretary - Times Online

Warren Buffett, the third-richest man in the world, has criticised the US tax system for allowing him to pay a lower rate than his secretary and his cleaner.

The right goes on constantly about the rich and why they shouldln't pay taxes. They make jobs, they should keep what they earned.

The Bush tax cuts cost the nation anywhere from 1.8 trillion to 2.5 trillion. More than 50% went to less than 5% of tax payers. Members of this board have repeated over and over again that those people should keep what they were taxed. So don't play dumb.

Warren Buffett, the third-richest man in the world, has criticised the US tax system for allowing him to pay a lower rate than his secretary and his cleaner.

if you earn a dollar and i earn a dollar shouldn't they be taxed equally?

if you earn a dollar and i earn a dollar shouldn't they be taxed equally?

I earn 80 thousand. The guy who cleans the bathrooms earns 25 thousand. I have no problem paying a little more to help him out. This is America. We help each other. Republicans have forgotten that.

Republicans say, "People give more when they're not forced". We all know that's bullshit.
During the 50's and 60's, the tax rate for the richest was 75 to 90% and they still lived in mansions and owned planes. What is wrong with "support America"?

Last edited by a moderator:
You didn't have a point. You presented a false argument.

This thread is a good Lame Zone candidate IMO.

So you've NEVER heard anyone former military ask that question? Well good for you. I hear it all the time.
I bet you hear lots of other voices in your head too.

You could link us to just ONE such example. From anywhere.

You can save the insults friend because they don't work with me and I've heard them before. If you were being honest you'd admit that your problem isn't the question per se, rather it is your observation that I have somehow committed the ultimate sin: I have been demeaning to soliders. Well if telling the truth is a sin I'm guilty as charged and you can flame away.

You're entitled to your fucked up opinion no matter how far out in left field it is. Please don't denegrate my service, the service of millions before me and the deaths of untold numbers of American soldiers in defense of their country with your pussy ass, hippie bullshit rant against the military. Without them your dumb ass would be having afternoon tea, out in the fields picking cotton, speaking German or have squinty eyes and buck teeth...so my suggestion to you 86DUD is to shut your pie hole and be thankful there are Americans willing to volunteer to protect your right to make a complete ass out of yourself in front of millions.

I'll degenerate your mislead service to the U.S. empire any time I please and you won't do anything about it.

I'll shut up when you tell me EXACTLY how you are protecting my so called "rights" right now. Otherwise go back to your depleted urnanim thread and revel in the death of children.

Fuck off.

You're entitled to your fucked up opinion no matter how far out in left field it is. Please don't denegrate my service, the service of millions before me and the deaths of untold numbers of American soldiers in defense of their country with your pussy ass, hippie bullshit rant against the military. Without them your dumb ass would be having afternoon tea, out in the fields picking cotton, speaking German or have squinty eyes and buck teeth...so my suggestion to you 86DUD is to shut your pie hole and be thankful there are Americans willing to volunteer to protect your right to make a complete ass out of yourself in front of millions.

I'll degenerate your mislead service to the U.S. empire any time I please and you won't do anything about it.

I'll shut up when you tell me EXACTLY how you are protecting my so called "rights" right now. Otherwise go back to your depleted urnanim thread and revel in the death of children.

Fuck off.

Not gonna happen.

I agree with aspects of what you're saying, just not how you're saying it. The last time American soldiers fought for American citizens' freedoms was WWII.

Every engagement they have been involved with since and been for something, just not American citizens' freedom....

I agree with aspects of what you're saying, just not how you're saying it. The last time American soldiers fought for American citizens' freedoms was WWII.

Every engagement they have been involved with since and been for something, just not American citizens' freedom....

Korea, Viet Nam, Grenada , Panama, Iraq and Afghanistan have all been for American citizens freedom.

Korea, Viet Nam, Grenada , Panama, Iraq and Afghanistan have all been for American citizens freedom.

Total fucking bullshit...

Korea - for Korean freedom -nothing to do with American citizens being under threat
Viet Nam - Propping up a totalitarian regime from being overrun by another totalitarian regime - nothing to do with American citizens being under threat
Grenada - possibly - but even then, it was Raygun posturing.
Panama - getting rid of a dictator that once upon a time was your guy.
Iraq - Getting rid of a dictator - nothing to do with American citizens being under threat
Afghanistan - destroying a fundamental Islamic 'state' that was hiding somebody claimed to be responsible for 9-11 - tenuous link at best....

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
I have actually never heard that, the only thing close is those who say that the president should be someone who served

damn you are a sheep.

Forum List

Back