An example of just how screwed up taxes can be...Football fact!

It is always weird when I find myself in the position of having to explain to people their own argument. Not sure it is worth it.

So you got nothing. Got it.

Color me shocked that Forbes got it right and you failed. Just shocked...:eusa_whistle:

Do I have to explain to you why the ratio of income to the tax matters? It was the basis of your argument. You calculated it wrong. Any of this ringing a bell? Hello? Anyone home?

No, you don't not have to explain that. You do have to explain, if you are to back up your statement, why the math is "wrong" and why Forbes is wrong but you are right. So far, you still got nothing.

The guy may end up paying more in taxes than he's paid...there's no way around that. Explain to us simpletons how the math is wrong and while you're at it, explain why you apparently think that is okay.

It is always weird when I find myself in the position of having to explain to people their own argument. Not sure it is worth it.

Color me shocked that Forbes got it right and you failed. Just shocked...:eusa_whistle:

Do I have to explain to you why the ratio of income to the tax matters? It was the basis of your argument. You calculated it wrong. Any of this ringing a bell? Hello? Anyone home?

So you have continually and mindlessly demanded over and over again. You see the OP. Take not of that blue underlined series of words. That is what is called a ‘link.’ Typically, links are used to support an argument. I only explain this to you because you have been asked REPEATEDLY to address where Forbes ‘messed up the math’ and so far have yet to offer anything more than ‘because.’

That is not a substantiated argument. It is not even an argument. It is far closer to schoolyard antics of because I said so.

Lastly, are you completely lost on the fact that you are taxed based on the location of where you earned that income? I have to use conjecture of what your actual point is because you have failed to state anything other than ‘the math is wrong’ and have not bothered to point out where. I ASSUME that you are talking about the fact that Payton makes a LOT on his contract throughout the year. The thing is, that money should either be taxed in the actual location he earned it OR in the state of residency (considering his job is one that requires travel). IOW, why should anything other than the actual money earned for his work in this location (aka. The Super Bowl) be subject to the taxes in that state. To try and claim more than that 40K that he earned while actually there is asinine. His contract is not earned there in that state and has nothing to do with that state whatsoever beyond that SINGLE game.

Try and actually articulate a real argument with actual points. It will make this process go MUCH smoother.

Professional athletes that are forced to work in a state for their job that they don't claim for residence should be protected from paying taxes to that state like the military.

If someone in the military is stationed in New Jersey but is a Texas resident, they don't pay New Jersey "income" taxes.

Payton Manning, I assume, is a Colorado resident so his income should be taxed by Colorado and the Feds. New Jersey has no business taxing him as a non-resident of New Jersey being forced to work in that shithole of a state for a football game.

No, you don't not have to explain that. You do have to explain, if you are to back up your statement, why the math is "wrong" and why Forbes is wrong but you are right. So far, you still got nothing.

The guy may end up paying more in taxes than he's paid...there's no way around that. Explain to us simpletons how the math is wrong and while you're at it, explain why you apparently think that is okay.

He isn't only paid $40K to play in the SB.

If you need more help in remedial math please let me know.

The state of New Jersey is robbing him while he is working there for the Super Bowl.

This is too much for your ape brain.

Professional athletes that are forced to work in a state for their job that they don't claim for residence should be protected from paying taxes to that state like the military.

If someone in the military is stationed in New Jersey but is a Texas resident, they don't pay New Jersey "income" taxes.

Payton Manning, I assume, is a Colorado resident so his income should be taxed by Colorado and the Feds. New Jersey has no business taxing him as a non-resident of New Jersey being forced to work in that shithole of a state for a football game.

The state income tax can be based on both where you work and where you live. If you work in one state and live in another your state of residence gives you a tax credit for the taxes paid to the other jurisdiction.

If there isn't taxes paid in the other jurisdiction you have to pay taxes in your state of residence. This is common for people who work in DC but don't live there. DC doesn't have an income tax so if you live in Maryland and work you end up paying the MD income tax.

Last edited:
The state of New Jersey is robbing him while he is working there for the Super Bowl.

Do you think taxation is robbery?

:cuckoo:

Asswipe, pro athletes are FORCED to work in states they don't live in and many times at ridiculous tax rates set aside for fat rich people sitting on their asses in that state.

The amount of money generated from sports events should be enough to end this practice of raping a pro athlete coming into NY, CA, NJ, etc 1-3 times a year. If someone lives in New Jersey and plays pro sports, they should pay out the nose to support scum like you on welfare in NJ.

Payton Manning doesn't live in NJ and never will so he shouldn't fund your welfare programs.

The state income tax can be based on both where you work and where you live. If you work in one state and live in another your state of residence gives you a tax credit for the taxes paid to the other jurisdiction.

It is robbery when a state takes pretty much 80%-100% of what someone earns....when the state has done nothing to earn that money.

Asswipe, pro athletes are FORCED to work in states they don't live in and many times at ridiculous tax rates set aside for fat rich people sitting on their asses in that state.

The amount of money generated from sports events should be enough to end this practice of raping a pro athlete coming into NY, CA, NJ, etc 1-3 times a year. If someone lives in New Jersey and plays pro sports, they should pay out the nose to support scum like you on welfare in NJ.

Payton Manning doesn't live in NJ and never will so he shouldn't fund your welfare programs.

He worked there.

I am sure your state works the same way.

BTW are you on drugs?

It is robbery when a state takes pretty much 80%-100% of what someone earns....when the state has done nothing to earn that money.

The highest marginal rate is below 9% I believe. They are not taking 80 to 100%. People did math wrong.

Peyton gets paid more than $40K per game. I already said this.

WTF?

Do you not understand how players get paid for the playoffs? They don't get paid under their standard contracts. They get paid bonuses for each game, based on whether they win or lose. If the Broncos lose the Superbowl then Peyton will be paid $46,000 for the game. If they win, then he will be paid $92,000 for the game.

This is not a complicated concept.

He also signed a contract to play the season which includes playoffs. It is almost as if completely ignoring that contract screws up the math.

This isn't hard math.

Okay, let me try to make this Barney simple for you.....

How much money will Peyton Manning be paid for playing in the Superbowl if the Seahawks win?

A) $46,000
B) $92,000
C) $500,000
D) None of the above

Shit for brains....you can't read.

FORBES has an article on the subject...oh wait you are that fucking stupid. :eusa_whistle:

The highest marginal rate is below 9% I believe. They are not taking 80 to 100%. People did math wrong.

He is not working in NJ by choice you fucking pile of shit.

The NFL is making him and his teammates play in that shithole.

He should only pay taxes to whatever state he claims residency and the Feds.

This not like you delivering pizzas in NJ to afford a bus ticket back to NYC.

He worked there.

BTW are you on drugs?

What is he paid, then? How much will he be paid if he loses, and how much if he wins? Please cite your sources when answering.

This is from a blog by some CPA WHO HAS NOTHING TO DO DO WITH FORBES, AND OF COURSE there's 10 Google pages of websitesspreading this bs. You're the brainwashed morons believing the Pub crappe, as always. Pubs are a feqqing disgrace. Laugh it up, chumps.

Do you not understand how players get paid for the playoffs? They don't get paid under their standard contracts. They get paid bonuses for each game, based on whether they win or lose. If the Broncos lose the Superbowl then Peyton will be paid $46,000 for the game. If they win, then he will be paid $92,000 for the game.

This is not a complicated concept.

He also signed a contract to play the season which includes playoffs. It is almost as if completely ignoring that contract screws up the math.

This isn't hard math.

Okay, let me try to make this Barney simple for you.....

How much money will Peyton Manning be paid for playing in the Superbowl if the Seahawks win?

A) $46,000
B) $92,000
C) $500,000
D) None of the above

Playing in the Super Bowl is part of his contract which is.... google it yourself... anyway it is a lot more than $46K.

He is not working in NJ by choice you fucking pile of shit.

The NFL is making him and his teammates play in that shithole.

He should only pay taxes to whatever state he claims residency and the Feds.

This not like you delivering pizzas in NJ to afford a bus ticket back to NYC.

He worked there.

BTW are you on drugs?

It is was in his contract. WTF are you on glue or something. There is no way a human should be this be dumb.

Forum List

Back