An example of just how screwed up taxes can be...Football fact!

And another Leftist misses the point. Why am I not surprised.

Yes or no...do you think it acceptable that a state would CHARGE someone, anyone, for the right to labor in that state?

Yes or no?

The first thing you need to do is fix your math.

Forbes got the math wrong, eh?

Then you should realize your question is irrelevant.

You've yet to articulate why you believe that is the case.

If you still think you have a point then do some more research on how state taxation works for athletes.

In this case, it works such that a person will be paying for the right to labor in the state of New Jersey.

I say that's fucked up. You have yet to render a cogent opinion.

Yeah your math is still wrong. Please try again.

Actually his salary is inflated by government subsidization of stadiums.

Any idea of the financial benefit to area businesses and the resulting tax revenue a city/state takes in when they have a major league sports stadium?

So now you want to argue about why we subsidize his paycheck?

Pick a topic. Subsidizing stadiums or sudsidizing player paychecks. Those are two different things. He plays for the Broncos in Denver who pays him. He will be taxed by NJ when he plays there. How exactly do stadiums come into the mix for how much he will be taxed? He's already bringing plentiful tax revenue to the area.

Any idea of the financial benefit to area businesses and the resulting tax revenue a city/state takes in when they have a major league sports stadium?

Pick a topic. Subsidizing stadiums or sudsidizing player paychecks. Those are two different things. He plays for the Broncos in Denver who pays him. He will be taxed by NJ when he plays there. How exactly do stadiums come into the mix for how much he will be taxed? He's already bringing plentiful tax revenue to the area.

Obviously the subsidization of stadiums helps the players.

When people work in different states they are tax based on the state they are working in.

HTH

The first thing you need to do is fix your math.

Forbes got the math wrong, eh?

You've yet to articulate why you believe that is the case.

If you still think you have a point then do some more research on how state taxation works for athletes.

In this case, it works such that a person will be paying for the right to labor in the state of New Jersey.

I say that's fucked up. You have yet to render a cogent opinion.

Yeah your math is still wrong. Please try again.

Then by all means, enlighten us. Show us where Forbes got the math wrong.

Last edited:

When people work in different states they are tax based on the state they are working in.

HTH

Well no.............no it doesn't. Subsidization of stadiums helps the team owners, not their employees. And it's often done because of a trade off for the business and tax revenue it brings to the city/state.

HTH

Well no.............no it doesn't. Subsidization of stadiums helps the team owners, not their employees. And it's often done because of a trade off for the business and tax revenue it brings to the city/state.

Still helps the players.

Still don't care about your made up justification for government subsidization of incredibly profitable businesses.

Peyton gets paid more than $40K per game. I already said this.

WTF?

Which in no way changes the fact that he may have to pay MORE than that $40k in taxes to states of NJ!

WTF Indeed!

It is always weird when I find myself in the position of having to explain to people their own argument. Not sure it is worth it.

WTF?

Which in no way changes the fact that he may have to pay MORE than that $40k in taxes to states of NJ!

WTF Indeed!

It is always weird when I find myself in the position of having to explain to people their own argument. Not sure it is worth it.

So you got nothing. Got it.

Color me shocked that Forbes got it right and you failed. Just shocked...:eusa_whistle:

WTF?

Do you not understand how players get paid for the playoffs? They don't get paid under their standard contracts. They get paid bonuses for each game, based on whether they win or lose. If the Broncos lose the Superbowl then Peyton will be paid $46,000 for the game. If they win, then he will be paid $92,000 for the game.

This is not a complicated concept.

Come on now! Didn't you know that there is income "inequailty" in this country. For every dollar Manning makes, some poor soul isn't getting a dollar because wealth is finite and there is only so much of it to go around. It isn't "fair" that he has too much and someone else has too little. The only right thing to do is take some of it away thru taxes and pass it on to the other 99%. Get with the program! It's like you didn't listen to the SOTU address at all.

Actually his salary is inflated by government subsidization of stadiums.

Generally...zero or less!

WTF?

Do you not understand how players get paid for the playoffs? They don't get paid under their standard contracts. They get paid bonuses for each game, based on whether they win or lose. If the Broncos lose the Superbowl then Peyton will be paid $46,000 for the game. If they win, then he will be paid $92,000 for the game.

This is not a complicated concept.

He also signed a contract to play the season which includes playoffs. It is almost as if completely ignoring that contract screws up the math.

This isn't hard math.

WTF Indeed!

So you got nothing. Got it.

Color me shocked that Forbes got it right and you failed. Just shocked...:eusa_whistle:

Do I have to explain to you why the ratio of income to the tax matters? It was the basis of your argument. You calculated it wrong. Any of this ringing a bell? Hello? Anyone home?

You stupid pile of shit....when a state can take more than is earned working, the world is fucked up.

Yet...a pile of shit like you defends it.

Shitstain....so he has to pay New Jersey MORE FUCKING MONEY than he earns in the Super Bowl????

That is before the Feds steal some of his paycheck.....burn in hell scumbag.

Yeah because Peyton is only earning $46K a game.

He earned a lot of money by agreeing to play in the Super Bowl.

Forum List

Back