An Example of How to Hack an Electronic Voting Machine

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
This is incredible and demonstrates why the original source of the stored data must be physical cards that can then be fed through a computer and scanned and the results automatically sent up stream. The paper trail cannot be dependent ont he electronic storage because computers are too hackable.

Cylance Discloses Voting Machine Vulnerability

I fail to see how this being "an old issue" means the issue has been FIXED and evoting is now a valid process.

Security vendor demonstrates hack of U.S. e-voting machine

The Cylance hack demonstrated a theoretical vulnerability described in research going back a decade, the company noted.

The hack is "not surprising," Pamela Smith, president of elections security advocacy group Verified Voting, said by email. "The timing of the release is a little odd."

Russian government, have been attempting to raise doubts about the validity of this week's U.S. election through the publication of Democratic Party emails and documents. At the same time, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump has been warning supporters, with no concrete proof, that the election may be "rigged" against him.

The Cylance demonstration was "not new and badly timed," said Joe Kiniry, a security researcher and CEO at Free and Fair, an election technology developer. "This kind of attack has been demonstrated on almost all of the widely deployed machines used today."

Cylance defended the video, saying it is a timely reminder of the security problems with e-voting machines. The company's research on the machine "came to fruition" recently, and Cylance also wanted to remind poll workers that they need to be vigilant during Tuesday's election, said Ryan Smith, the company's vice president of research.

Releasing the video just before the U.S. election strikes at the issue while people are paying attention, he added. The vulnerabilities in e-voting machines have been discussed for years, "and we still haven't done anything about it," he said.

I”m still curious that if the Dems were going to rig an election, why not rig Texas to where they win? I mean if you rig New Hampshire and it’s 4 votes and you’re found out, the penalty is just the same as if you were to rig Texas and get 38 votes so why not rig it?

I”m still curious that if the Dems were going to rig an election, why not rig Texas to where they win? I mean if you rig New Hampshire and it’s 4 votes and you’re found out, the penalty is just the same as if you were to rig Texas and get 38 votes so why not rig it?
Too obvious. You need to remember, not everyone is as dumb as you

Too obvious. You need to remember, not everyone is as dumb as you

Obvious? Well….according to Right Wing Nut Jobs like yourself, 08 was hacked, 12 was hacked (somehow the Dems forget how to hack non Presidential elections…strange) and any and all investigations into the counts found nothing. IF you can hack 2 elections and have zero evidence of any such hack…why not go for it ? Surely nobody in Texas is going to be smart enough to figure it out if the people of Ohio couldn’t….

lol

Forum List

Back