An Elizabeth Warren Quote Spreading On Social Media; Any Brainy Responses?

1000509261001_1822941199001_BIO-Biography-31-Innovators-Steve-Jobs-115958-SF.jpg

So you think Steve Jobs was on somebodies payroll for $1 per year with a 30k bonus? Link?

Steve Jobs 1 Annual Salary No Perks But Lots of Shares
Jobs was no idiot

Salary is taxable

So are stock options/grants/dividends.

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. They are kept at starvation wages. Do you really think they will ever receive any kind of bonus?

You know, that's funny, because all of my line staff at work have a whole assortment of bonuses they can earn. Our top performers earn as much as an additional 67% of their base pay from bonuses.

Good for you to have such a good job. Most minimum wage employees don't.

Oh, and the reason I have such a great job is because I've worked hard to make myself capable of doing my job. You should try it if you hate your minimum wage job so much.

And that is the problem

Finding better jobs to move up to. 30 million working Americans receive government aid to support their families. Are there 30 million unfilled intermediate jobs for them to fill?

That is the problem with our current economy. The ladder to success is missing quite a few wrungs

Are there 30 million unfilled intermediate jobs for them to fill?

Maybe we need to look at this....

The United States has the third highest general top marginal corporate income tax rate in the world at 39.1 percent, exceeded only by Chad and the United Arab Emirates.

Corporate Income Tax Rates around the World 2014 Tax Foundation

And one of the lowest effective rates. With all those loopholes and giveaways, many of the bigboys get away with paying almost nothing

So you think Steve Jobs was on somebodies payroll for $1 per year with a 30k bonus? Link?

You're right, I'm incorrect here. Steve Jobs' bonuses were much, much larger than $30k. Would you like to talk some more about the color of the shirt so you can avoid admitting that it's a shirt?

^See him backtrack out of his original argument. Finger licking good.

Notice how the liberal wingbat employes a bait-and-trap strategy when trying to hunt. He will attempt to set a well positioned lure. But instead of positioning so he can pounce, he positions such as to try to provoke someone else to make the kill for him, so that he can steal the mean afterward. By acting insanely stupid, the wingbat hopes to provoke being called stupid, and then hopes his unwitting hunting partner will strike a deadly blow in retaliation.

Wingbats will attempt this technique regardless of target, because they lack the ability to recognize a target being too smart to fall for it.

You figured that out all by yourself, did you? I guess you could be right, but more likely, you are just trying to justify always having to back off your ridiculous claims.

Listen guy, nobody is perfect. I admitted that I was wrong. Steve Jobs did not receive $30k a year in bonuses. In fact, he received much more in bonuses. He still was on a $1 base pay. So thank you for pointing out my error. It helps to prove my point all the moreso.

I have to respect your willingness to admit you are wrong. That's rare. However, your contention that a similar scheme is available to the minimum wage workers is just as wrong.

Jobs was no idiot

Salary is taxable

So are stock options, moron.
Executives have options on how they will receive their compensation

Working Americans do not........another thing Liz Warren highlights

Jobs was no idiot

Salary is taxable

That's a benefit of being an executive. If "working Americans" want those benefits, then they can work their tales off until they become executives.

Jobs was no idiot

Salary is taxable

If you think Jobs' negotiated his $1 base pay because of taxes, you're sadly mistaken. The main reason Jobs asked for this approach was because when he rejoined Apple the company was in difficult times. Jobs loved that company. It was his baby. He gave birth to that company in his parents basement. More than anything, he wanted to be a part of it again and to nurse it back to health and the glory he knew was possible. He didn't want to be a burden to the company in it's difficult time of need. Instead of taking cash, he let that cash stay in the company and be turned around and used for the company's benefit, so that the company would have the resources to do what he wanted to do to turn things around. Jobs was already extremely wealthy. When he sold Pixar to Disney he came out with substantial stock in Disney. The yearly dividends from that Disney stock was enough for an 8 figure yearly income.

Jobs was no idiot

Salary is taxable

That's a benefit of being an executive. If "working Americans" want those benefits, then they can work their tales off until they become executives.
You funny

And one of the lowest effective rates. With all those loopholes and giveaways, many of the bigboys get away with paying almost nothing

Bark is worse than the bite. So stop barking. Time to pass a simplified tax code without loopholes and only one deduction.

Jobs was no idiot

Salary is taxable

Rich people react to tax rates to minimize their tax liabilities?
Sounds like supply-side to me.

I have to respect your willingness to admit you are wrong. That's rare. However, your contention that a similar scheme is available to the minimum wage workers is just as wrong.

You have no idea what people get paid, or how. Steve Jobs was a minimum wage worker. He only was paid $1 a year. A person who works off 100% commission is a minimum wage worker.

Also, just because someone has a low level position does not mean they don't receive bonuses. I already told you that my line employees make substantial bonuses, up to 67% of their base pay.

Once again, you're so wrong that you should stop talking. You are poisoning the minds of young and impressionable people who are going to believe you and end up never learning how to take responsibility for their own wages.

Every person has the ability to turn down a job offer. Every person has the ability to negotiate a job offer. Every person has the ability to negotiate a pay raise. This includes even low level employees working fastfood jobs. While certain levels of employment might not have every form of compensation available to them, every individual does have options at their disposal to improve and maximize their compensation.

The problem is that too many people nowadays don't bother trying. They're afraid, they're intimidated. So they simply accept whatever is put in front of them, then complain that nobody has changed their diaper today.

You funny
Fools laugh at things they don't understand.

Jobs was no idiot

Salary is taxable

If you think Jobs' negotiated his $1 base pay because of taxes, you're sadly mistaken. The main reason Jobs asked for this approach was because when he rejoined Apple the company was in difficult times. Jobs loved that company. It was his baby. He gave birth to that company in his parents basement. More than anything, he wanted to be a part of it again and to nurse it back to health and the glory he knew was possible. He didn't want to be a burden to the company in it's difficult time of need. Instead of taking cash, he let that cash stay in the company and be turned around and used for the company's benefit, so that the company would have the resources to do what he wanted to do to turn things around. Jobs was already extremely wealthy. When he sold Pixar to Disney he came out with substantial stock in Disney. The yearly dividends from that Disney stock was enough for an 8 figure yearly income.

So how does Job's scenario have anything to do with the plight of minimum wage workers? That is the conversation context he was first mentioned here in.

Bark is worse than the bite. So stop barking. Time to pass a simplified tax code without loopholes and only one deduction.

I'm with you on simplifying the tax code as long as the rich don't continue being coddled.

Jobs was no idiot

Salary is taxable

It's not an option that is available to the lower income brackets. Another example of coddling of the rich.

Jobs was no idiot

Salary is taxable

The Golden Rule

He who has the gold, makes the rules

Jobs was no idiot

Salary is taxable

So how does Job's scenario have anything to do with the plight of minimum wage workers? That is the conversation context he was first mentioned here in.

"Workers Plight" is a Marxist code phrase.

You have no idea what people get paid, or how. Steve Jobs was a minimum wage worker. He only was paid $1 a year. A person who works off 100% commission is a minimum wage worker.

Also, just because someone has a low level position does not mean they don't receive bonuses. I already told you that my line employees make substantial bonuses, up to 67% of their base pay.

You're an idiot if you think the average low wage worker can receive up to 67% of their base pay through bonuses.

I'm with you on simplifying the tax code as long as the rich don't continue being coddled.

What would such a tax code look like?

Forum List

Back