CDZ an anti-'Pro-Life' opinion

So are you saying that the poor cannot learn that certain behavior has consequences which can cost them, one way or another? Are poor people just too stupid to grasp that? I'm going to disagree.

No, I'm saying wealthy people are just as stupid as poor people and will still do stupid things like the poor.

The only difference is: the wealthy won't be impacted by the illegality of abortion. They never are and they never will be.

No, I'm saying wealthy people are just as stupid as poor people and will still do stupid things like the poor.

The only difference is: the wealthy won't be impacted by the illegality of abortion. They never are and they never will be.
*sigh*

Women have gotten pregnant since there were women

Birth Control is taking responsibility…Conservatives oppose it
Abortion is taking responsibility…..Conservatives oppose it

Then Conservatives oppose supporting women who can’t afford to support their children
The Catholic Church is opposed to birth control. Conservatives are not the Catholic Church,

i applaud the leak of the supreme court opinion piece.
i believe it is a way for true democracy to gain a foothold inside the otherwise very elitist supreme court.
The leak may have had the effect of guaranteeing the ruling that you disagree with.

Roberts is writing a moderate opinion that would uphold Roe/Casey. He is trying to pull Barrett and Kavanaugh away from supporting Alito to support his opinion instead.

But now if they jump over to supporting Roberts, everyone will know, and they will probably not want to be seen as having jumped ship.

Priorities.. Decisions, decisions.. Should I do what's right or protect my fragile ego?
It's not a matter of doing what is right. This isn't a case of one option being right and one being wrong.

And being viewed as a traitor by a sizable portion of the US is a serious thing. It's not a matter of a fragile ego.

It's not a matter of doing what is right. This isn't a case of one option being right and one being wrong.

And being viewed as a traitor by a sizable portion of the US is a serious thing. It's not a matter of a fragile ego.
If that's how you feel, run with it.

while i'm a foreigner (Dutch), and probably have no real right to speak on this topic, i'm going to, briefly, anyway.

in my country abortion is fully legal, and i support this, because i believe
- not every parent has the ability to raise a baby properly into an adult human being, for various grave and very valid possible reasons.
- the soul of a baby is 'recycled' by God anyways and put into a new foetus upon abortion.

in short, i also believe the US pro-life movement has no right at all to dictate their will to the Americans who find abortion sometimes necessary.
their current nagging about the leak of the supreme court opinion piece that would challenge Roe v Wade, also reeks of small-mindedness and even oppression of those who do not share their convictions.

i applaud the leak of the supreme court opinion piece.
i believe it is a way for true democracy to gain a foothold inside the otherwise very elitist supreme court.

to avoid riots between pro-lifers and abortionists, i believe the pro-lifers and the supreme court should allow the leak and any subsequent peaceful demonstrations by the abortionists. riot police had best be kept on stand-by though.

i now welcome opinions other than my own.

If you are ok with it because you believe that God recycles babies, you need to rethink your position. How many times does God recycle a soul? Does the soul have to die over and over until God finds a person that actually want it? Is God that cruel? Do you know that they dismember those "souls" with no pain killers? If someone ripped your leg off, would it hurt?
Is the soul recycling opinion some sort of wishful thinking you use to make abortions seem not so deadly? If we sacrificed those live infants to a volcano would that be ok since they just get refurbished in Heaven and sent back here again anyway? Are there no rights for the soul at all?

Have you seen what they are doing to babies here? We carve them up like chickens and use the parts for gruesome experiments. Good fresh parts.

I want you to provide the information behind your conviction. What on earth makes you believe that God recycles souls, baby's or otherwise?

The leak may have had the effect of guaranteeing the ruling that you disagree with.

It is also highly likely that the leak will mobilize the Dems to ensure that the GOP doesn't stand a chance in November's midterms.

Roberts is writing a moderate opinion that would uphold Roe/Casey. He is trying to pull Barrett and Kavanaugh away from supporting Alito to support his opinion instead.

If the Court goes with a more moderated upholding of Roe/Casey the damage will already have been done. The Conservative justices all came in front of the Senate and indicated that Roe was precedent and effectively settled law. Now we know there's a high likelihood that those were lies, that indeed, there IS a move afoot to overturn settled law.

That's fine and all, but it will have the effect of amping up the Left's base to preserve a woman's rights.

But now if they jump over to supporting Roberts, everyone will know, and they will probably not want to be seen as having jumped ship.

If they do a "face saving" thing like going with Alito you can be guaranteed the Left will push to pack the court and regain the "stolen" seats that Mitch pushed through.

I'm glad this leak happened but I can also see that it is a breach that will have a lot of unintended consequences all over the place.

Either way we know at least ONE justice watched "The Handmaid's Tale" as an instructional documentary.

If that's how you feel, run with it.
I will. But I am mostly interested in commenting on tactical matters on the Supreme Court here.

The actual fight between pro-choice and pro-life isn't really my thing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is also highly likely that the leak will mobilize the Dems to ensure that the GOP doesn't stand a chance in November's midterms.
Anything is possible. But I really doubt it.

Michigan has a petition going for a ballot proposal to write abortion rights into our state constitution. I've no idea if it will get enough signatures to get on the ballot, and then if it does, whether it will get enough votes to pass.

If the Court goes with a more moderated upholding of Roe/Casey the damage will already have been done. The Conservative justices all came in front of the Senate and indicated that Roe was precedent and effectively settled law. Now we know there's a high likelihood that those were lies, that indeed, there IS a move afoot to overturn settled law.
We've always known that.

If they do a "face saving" thing like going with Alito you can be guaranteed the Left will push to pack the court and regain the "stolen" seats that Mitch pushed through.
They were already pushing for that. No one is going to let them do it.

Forum List

Back