An ancient energy source gets a new look

watchingfromafar

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2017

Currently the method used to split the water molecule into O and H2 is by way of electrolysis.

Electrolysis of water is the process of using electricity to decompose water into oxygen and hydrogen gas by a process called electrolysis. Hydrogen gas released in this way can be used as hydrogen fuel, or remixed with the oxygen to create oxyhydrogen gas, which is used in welding and other applications.

Electrolysis

electrolysis is a technique that uses direct current (DC) flow of electric charge called ions measured in volts threw salt water.

A (+) DC charge anode is submerged in saltwater.
A (-) DC cathode charge is submerged in the saltwater.

Ions pass from the positive (+) anode to the negative (-) cathode receiver.
In the process Both anode & cathode split the water molecules into (O) & (H2).

Bubbles of Oxygen and Hydrogen seeking a less dense environment rise to the surface of the saltwater.

When the gases reach the surface, the oxygen gas is mixed with the hydrogen gas, then a static spark reignites them giving off more heat energy than the DC energy used to split the molecules in the first place.

1633132388948.png
1633132416617.png

All physical objects are made up of atoms. Inside an atom are protons, electrons and neutrons. The protons are positively charged, the electrons are negatively charged, and the neutrons are neutral.

Therefore, all things are made up of charges. Opposite charges attract each other (negative to positive). Like charges repel each other (positive to positive or negative to negative). Most of the time positive and negative charges are balanced in an object, which makes that object neutral.

Static electricity is the result of an imbalance between negative and positive charges in an object. These charges can build up on the surface of an object until they find a way to be released or discharged. One way to discharge them is through a circuit.'
1633132449873.png

The rubbing of certain materials against one another can transfer negative charges, or electrons. For example, if you rub your shoe on the carpet, your body collects extra electrons. The electrons cling to your body until they can be released. As you reach and touch your furry friend, you get a shock. Don’t worry, it is only the surplus electrons being released from you to your unsuspecting pet.

And what about that “hair raising” experience? As you remove your hat, electrons are transferred from hat to hair, creating that interesting hairdo! Remember, objects with the same charge repel each other. Because they have the same charge, your hair will stand on end. Your hairs are simply trying to get as far away from each other as possible!
How does static electricity work? | Library of Congress (loc.gov)

The point is, there must be a way to make this reaction more efficient.
If the process could be redesigned producing 90% efficiency it would be a game changer.

Any ideas, comments?
BTW: The inventor below was one of the first to explore static charge.
Johann Wilhelm Ritter (16 December 1776 – 23 January 1810)[1] was a German chemist, physicist and philosopher. He was born in Samitz (Zamienice) near Haynau (Chojnów) in Silesia (then part of Prussia, since 1945 in Poland), and died in Munich.
1633132709793.png

If the process could be redesigned producing 90% efficiency it would be a game changer.

:)-

Last edited:

Currently the method used to split the water molecule into O and H2is by way of electrolysis.

Electrolysis of water is the process of using electricity to decompose water into oxygen and hydrogen gas by a process called electrolysis. Hydrogen gas released in this way can be used as hydrogen fuel, or remixed with the oxygen to create oxyhydrogen gas, which is used in welding and other applications.

Electrolysis

electrolysis is a technique that uses direct current (DC) flow of electric charge called ions measured in volts threw salt water.

A (+) DC charge anode is submerged in saltwater.
A (-) DC cathode charge is submerged in the saltwater.

Ions pass from the positive (+) anode to the negative (-) cathode receiver.
In the process Both anode & cathode split the water molecules into (O) & (H2).

Bubbles of Oxygen and Hydrogen seeking a less dense environment rise to the surface of the saltwater.

When the gases reach the surface, the oxygen gas is mixed with the hydrogen gas, then a static spark reignites them giving off more heat energy than the DC energy used to split the molecules in the first place.

View attachment 546219 View attachment 546221
All physical objects are made up of atoms. Inside an atom are protons, electrons and neutrons. The protons are positively charged, the electrons are negatively charged, and the neutrons are neutral.

Therefore, all things are made up of charges. Opposite charges attract each other (negative to positive). Like charges repel each other (positive to positive or negative to negative). Most of the time positive and negative charges are balanced in an object, which makes that object neutral.

Static electricity is the result of an imbalance between negative and positive charges in an object. These charges can build up on the surface of an object until they find a way to be released or discharged. One way to discharge them is through a circuit.'
View attachment 546222

The rubbing of certain materials against one another can transfer negative charges, or electrons. For example, if you rub your shoe on the carpet, your body collects extra electrons. The electrons cling to your body until they can be released. As you reach and touch your furry friend, you get a shock. Don’t worry, it is only the surplus electrons being released from you to your unsuspecting pet.

And what about that “hair raising” experience? As you remove your hat, electrons are transferred from hat to hair, creating that interesting hairdo! Remember, objects with the same charge repel each other. Because they have the same charge, your hair will stand on end. Your hairs are simply trying to get as far away from each other as possible!
How does static electricity work? | Library of Congress (loc.gov)

Any ideas, comments?
BTW: The inventor below was one of the first to explore static charge.
Johann Wilhelm Ritter (16 December 1776 – 23 January 1810)[1] was a German chemist, physicist and philosopher. He was born in Samitz (Zamienice) near Haynau (Chojnów) in Silesia (then part of Prussia, since 1945 in Poland), and died in Munich.
View attachment 546230

I had said before that if we could put desalination plants along the coast of the US, we could meet all our energy needs and also provide plenty of fresh water inland to irrigate the US 10 times over. But that would never happen with progressive(regressives) elites because they dont want people to be happy and have freedom, but keep their boots on the necks of the citizens and keep them in fear....

The electricity from the desalination plants could be used for electrolysis thus enabling hydrogen fuel cells, but then the oil companies would fight against that....

Desalination Plant
  • Nuclear desalination. RO desalination plant has high-level noise (90 dB (A)) due to the use of high-pressure pumps [21].
  • Inland desalination. Qasim Khan, ... ... Desalination plants produce concentrate brine. The TDS concentration of brine...
  • Competitiveness and sustainability. Gustavo Alonso, ... ... The main contributor to electricity generation...

More ...
Capacity: 26,184 m 3 /day
Commissioning: 1988
Desalination process: Reverse Osmosis
Raw water type: Seawater

Desalination Plant - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

www.sciencedirect.com/topics/engineering/desalination-plant

Sorry, not possible to get more energy out of something like that than you put in. In fact the energy loss is very significant to obtain a fuel with minuscule BTU potential compared to others

Agrred. I need to know what units of energy were used measuring the power consumed going in vs. what units of energy were measured on the power produced and HOW each were measured and compared?

Desalination Plant
I believe the Israeli government is spending a lot of money in Desalination Plants.

Israel Proves the Desalination Era Is Here
One of the driest countries on Earth now makes more freshwater than it needs

1633134000475.png

I believe the Israeli government is spending a lot of money in Desalination Plants.

Do you think they are using this process to produce hydrogen and oxygen gas as well?

Agrred. I need to know what units of energy were used measuring the power consumed going in vs. what units of energy were measured on the power produced and HOW each were measured and compared?
It does not matter. The laws of thermodynamics forbids perpetual motion/ free energy schemes.

Sorry, not possible to get more energy out of something like that than you put in.
It depends on what you are looking for, what are you trying to achieve?
The law of conservation of energy is not violated/broken here.
In fact the energy loss is very significant to obtain a fuel with minuscule BTU potential compared to others

A BTU is a measure of heat. Combining oxygen with hydrogen gives off more BTU’s than any other reaction.

It depends on what you are looking for, what are you trying to achieve?

A BTU is a measure of heat. Combining oxygen with hydrogen gives off more BTU’s than any other reaction.
No it does not. Practically everything else that burns has a higher energy potential than hydrogen. It has only been attractive because it does not produce harmful emissions.

It does not matter. The laws of thermodynamics forbids perpetual motion/ free energy schemes.

I have heard this misconception before.
Those who spout this have nothing further to add.
It amounts to bla, bla, bla with no substance.

Please act like you are the teacher and I am the student, If I get back 90% of something I did not have before, isn’t that a gain, not a lose?

It never hurts to ask. But what then is the point of fusion research?
The energy potential of nuclear fusion is vast but so is the energy that has to go into initiating a sustained reaction. The so-called "break-even" point is the holy grail of fusion research. The energy locked up in ordinary matter is almost unbelievable. A mere half of a gram of matter was converted to energy in the Hiroshima bomb.

The energy potential of nuclear fusion is vast but so is the energy that has to go into initiating a sustained reaction. The so-called "break-even" point is the holy grail of fusion research. The energy locked up in ordinary matter is almost unbelievable. A mere half of a gram of matter was converted to energy in the Hiroshima bomb.

Yeah, I know all of that. Tell me something I don't know. I still want to know the parameters of the test that gave them their measured results; if I am to prove the claims wrong or denounce an experiement, I want to do it from a postion of more facts not less. BTW, look at the energy they get out of a fission power plant and how much energy do we put into that? Of course, the crook in the matter is that mother nature did it for us.

I have heard this misconception before.
Those who spout this have nothing further to add.
It amounts to bla, bla, bla with no substance.

Please act like you are the teacher and I am the student, If I get back 90% of something I did not have before, isn’t that a gain, not a lose?

Using the product of electrolysis to power more electrolysis involves several energy conversions from heat to mechanical to electrical with losses at every turn. You would be lucky to get 10%.

Yeah, I know all of that. Tell me something I don't know. I still want to know the parameters of the test that gave them their measured results; if I am to prove the claims wrong or denounce an experiement, I want to do it from a postion of more facts not less. BTW, look at the energy they get out of a fission power plant and how much energy do we put into that? Of course, the crook in the matter is that mother nature did it for us.
Chemical energy is terribly inefficient but it's the simplest. Every kind loses most of the energy produced to heat and friction. Electrolysis of water is no different. Even fission plants need to have power ran to them. They do not use their own power for all the pumps and such that cool the reactor. If you think about it for a moment it makes perfect sense.

And it's entirely organic and natural!

Just rub cats together to generate static electricity and plunge them into water to release free hydrogen.

So simple a fully indoctrinated liberal can grasp it!

They do not use their own power for all the pumps and such that cool the reactor. If you think about it for a moment it makes perfect sense.
Sure they do. Why wouldn't they? The steam-driven turbine generators make a crapload of electricity, and a little bit of that goes back to the plant to run the pumps and things.

View attachment 546248

Do you think they are using this process to produce hydrogen and oxygen gas as well?
I first got my look at a desalination plant when i was over in Saudi Arabia. They were taking the fresh water from these production plants and moving it inland so they could irrigate their crops and provide their citizens with the nurturing fluid of life. As for the splitting of water molecules, i just dont think Israel is there yet...

Saudi Arabia is one of the countries that use Centre Pivot irrigation. The circular crops that are visible on the map are basically due to the center pivot irrigation being used by the country. In fact, you will find these circular crop fields on the map of those countries who utilize this form of irrigation. What is Centre Pivot Irrigation?

Why do they make circular crop fields in Saudi Arabia ...

1633139310620.png

lifeinsaudiarabia.net/why-do-they-make-circular-crop-fields-in-saudi-arabia/

View attachment 546248

Saudi Arabia has had more than 50 desalination plants for more than 30 years... and it's not reverse osmosis. They have been working on hy-solar for 20 years.

Sorry, not possible to get more energy out of something like that than you put in. In fact the energy loss is very significant to obtain a fuel with minuscule BTU potential compared to others
Exactly. The reason you get so much energy out of molecules of hydrogen and oxygen coming together to form water, is because it take so much damn energy to break them apart in the first place.

Look at this process as a way to STORE energy, not CREATE it

It would be better to use solar cells to generate electricity to create hydrogen and oxygen as a storage method rather than use batteries

Forum List

Back