An alternate view of Aunt Jemima

They don't hate her.
They hate that the image of a Black woman has been used for over 100 years to reinforce racist stereotypes and that she, rather than use her celebrity to push for equality instead chose to take the money and STFU.

See "Oreo Cookie" for reference.

It's. Fucking. Pancake. Syrup.

They updated the image with the times. There is NOTHING offensive about her current incantation.

I’d like to see an ad campaign with a white Aunt Jemima maid serving pancakes to a black family.

It’d be fun to watch the outrage from both the right and the left

I do know

And I laid it out for you in post 58

You owe your freedom and American citizenship to white people and Aunt Jemima reminds you of that
Is that supposed to be funny? It was white folks who denied us of freedom, we stepped off the ship as illegals just as you did, except we were in chains. Aunt Jemima reminds you of the Good Ole Days.

I consider this a current event since woke libs want to rewrite history by demonizing Aunt Jemima

“A great woman erased from history by idiots.
The branding of the syrup was a tribute to this woman’s gifts and talents. Now future generations will not even know this beautiful woman existed. What a shame. The world knew her as “Aunt Jemima”, but her given name was Nancy Green and she was a true American success story. She was born a slave in 1834 Montgomery County, KY. and became a wealthy superstar in the advertising world, as its first living trademark. Green was 56-yrs old when she was selected as spokesperson for a new ready-mixed, self-rising pancake flour and made her debut in 1893 at a fair and exposition in Chicago. She demonstrated the pancake mix and served thousands of pancakes, and became an immediate star. She was a good storyteller, her personality was warm and appealing, and her showmanship was exceptional. Her exhibition booth drew so many people that special security personnel were assigned to keep the crowds moving. Nancy Green was signed to a lifetime contract, traveled on promotional tours all over the country, and was extremely well paid. Her financial freedom and stature as a national spokesperson enabled her to become a leading advocate against poverty and in favor of equal rights for all Americans. She maintained her job until her death in 1923, at age 89. This was a remarkable woman, and sadly she has been ERASED by politics. I wanted you to know and remind you in this cancel culture time period.”

This is a cut and paste from Facebook

The left wants ALL people of color removed from the public sphere.

Wow!
Judging people solely based on their appearance.
Maybe someone should start a thread on that.
What’s there to judge?

Yeah the original Aunt Jemima was clearly a Mammy caricature. The modern one just looks like some middle aged black lady.

I’m sure any kid these days wouldn’t even make the connection. There’s a lady on the syrup bottle, and she happens to be black. That’s all they’d see.

They don't hate her.
They hate that the image of a Black woman has been used for over 100 years to reinforce racist stereotypes and that she, rather than use her celebrity to push for equality instead chose to take the money and STFU.

See "Oreo Cookie" for reference.
The image that black women are good cooks?

Thats a positive image

Why do you need to lie?
Is your position so weak it can only be supported by lying?

Were you looking in the mirror when you asked that question, racist?

Aunt Jemima was removed because you people didn't want to see a black woman on the product.

The Land O' Lakes Indian was removed because you people didn't want to see an Indian on the product.

Uncle Ben was removed because you people didn't want to see a black man on the product.

The pale white Quaker Oats guy is still there, though.

Pitiful, truly pitiful.

Yes, you truly are. Everything you tards do backfires and ends up having the opposite effect.

You are just a mud slinger

You think hurling insults will bully others into agreeing with you

That may work in the ghetto but not on this forum
I don't care if you agree with me, in fact, I'm trying to get you to be honest about our disagreements. You soft whites don't want recognition for Nancy Green or the white culture that enslaved her body and used her likeness and image for their own profit. You don't want to talk about the black family members of Anna Harrington who's lawsuit against Quaker Oats resulted in them saying Aunt Jemima was a fictional character. You want your cosplay and your pageantry but your too cuckolded to maintain them.

I don't care if you agree with me, in fact, I'm trying to get you to be honest about our disagreements. You soft whites don't want recognition for Nancy Green or the white culture that enslaved her body and used her likeness and image for their own profit. You don't want to talk about the black family members of Anna Harrington who's lawsuit against Quaker Oats resulted in them saying Aunt Jemima was a fictional character. You want your cosplay and your pageantry but your too cuckolded to maintain them.
Tell us again what is your complaint?

I’ll tell you

Aunt Jemima reminds you of a time before white people magnanimously gave black people their freedom

You owe much yo whites and that really bothers you

Forum List

Back