An Alcoholics Anonymous meeting last year

Iceman36

Apr 29, 2022
I actually stood up during an Alcohics Anonymous meeting and I said this to them and to meeting moderator..

First of all, this place is bull shit from beginning to end..
First of all, alcohol is available for sale everywhere.

Secondly, these people would in fact die from withdrawal without medicine, and the only medication available for alcohol withdrawal without a prescription and medical supervision is the alcohol itself,

The only other drugs that are like that are opioid drugs, and they only might die from withdrawal..
The addicts of alcohol by contrast WILL die from their withdrawal.

So unless these people have medication you're not doing anything for them..
They're going home right now and they're drinking their pint of vodka that they have in their bed, their dresser, their closet, their bathroom..
The bar that they keep in their refrigerator..
Inside their coffee pot and right outside this building right now inside their glove box in their cars if not in their back pockets right here in this meeting.

Thirdly, while their addiction is probably real,
Their excuses are bullshit.

The only good excuse I have yet heard is in fact the xenophobic hate hate speech from the British ghetto to my computer e mail inbox..
And that excuse is only implied.

It is that don't know any better, 2021 to them is no different than the 1800s..
They still behave as if cholera still comes out of the water spicket.

And they act like that, because they never seen anybody else act any other way.

These piles of excuses here at "Alcoholics Anonymous" are pure bullshit.

And last...
What people need is medication inside a facility of science that will prevent their elopement when their body realizes that the gravy train isn't coming.

:p

I was told to leave.

I actually stood up during an Alcohics Anonymous meeting and I said this to them and to meeting moderator..

Secondly, these people would in fact die from withdrawal without medicine, and the only medication available for alcohol withdrawal without a prescription and medical supervision is the alcohol itself,

The only other drugs that are like that are opioid drugs, and they only might die from withdrawal..

They're going home right now and they're drinking their pint of vodka that they have in their bed, their dresser, their closet, their bathroom..
Inside their coffee pot and right outside this building right now inside their glove box in their cars if not in their back pockets right here in this meeting.

The only good excuse I have yet heard is in fact the xenophobic hate hate speech from the British ghetto to my computer e mail inbox..

And last...
What people need is medication inside a facility of science that will prevent their elopement when their body realizes that the gravy train isn't coming.

I was told to leave.
youre right,, you should be locked up and heavily medicated,,

I have met AA participants that have been helped by the program. It is tough on them as they go through life without alcohol but as time goes by they get stronger and able to do without it.

And last...

I was told to leave.
They were correct: please leave.

And last...

I was told to leave.
You need to work on your counting.

I was told to leave.
It was appropriate. There was no reason for you to be there, was there? The entire fellowship is based on one thing - A DESIRE TO STOP DRINIKING. Your words and attitude made it clear that you do not meet that requirement. AA isn't a medical institution or facility. It never was. It's a place where shattered people go to find others like themselves who have slowly, haltingly managed to turn their lives around, yes, one day at a time.

IF the day comes when you do want to stop drinking then it will likely still be there and welcome you in the door.

• Banned
It was appropriate. There was no reason for you to be there, was there? The entire fellowship is based on one thing - A DESIRE TO STOP DRINIKING. Your words and attitude made it clear that you do not meet that requirement. AA isn't a medical institution or facility. It never was. It's a place where shattered people go to find others like themselves who have slowly, haltingly managed to turn their lives around, yes, one day at a time.

IF the day comes when you do want to stop drinking then it will likely still be there and welcome you in the door.
I never drank.
I'm 35 years old, and to this day, I might have drank 3 to 5 pints of everclear from the time I was 21 until today.

Not sure what I should say at this point, other than what a Debbie Downer you are.
I got sober in AA. It works for most people who are willing to put in the work but there are no guarantees. We had a saying for folks like this who came to complain to a room full of people who HAD stopped drinking and who were working on getting past the obsession, a day at a time:

"Po, po, po me a drink!

AA isn't for everyone but if a person wants to stop and is willing to try, it's the best chance at survival that exists. When I was regularly attending meetings, his complaint had no real merit. No person who was obviously suffering DTs would have been allowed to die there. Some members would have gotten them to an ER, immediately. They are all aware of the potentially lethal consequences of stopping heavy use, cold turkey.
It's rare for an opioid addict to actually die from cold turkey withdrawal. They'll believe they're dying because it's a horribly miserable physical experience but stopping heavy use of alcohol can easily cause seizures and death.

Forum List

Back