Amy Coney Barrett, possible Justice...non-violent felons should not lose their 2nd Amendment Rights.

No wonder lefties didn't include a link. The issue concerns a single incident where Barrett defended the manufacturer of therapeutic devices who got a raw deal when he was convicted of unlawfully shipping shoe inserts through the mail. Hardly your typical felon but enough for desperate lefties to try to make a federal case out of it.

lol ... the constitution says nothing specifically about AR-15s either.
Indeed, it neither mentions abortion nor AR15s.
It does mention arms, however, which is a term that AR15s fall under.
It does not mention healthcare, which is a term abortions fall under.
Try smarter next time.

it doesn't mention abortion, because women were chattel back then... just like their slaves.
History in reality was not one of convenience for men and women. It was a tougher existence. So you spouting chattel and other words means little in today's realities. Which you will destroy as you keep moving.

he makes the decisions for the family and serves as her moral compass.
Being a decider for the family and a moral compass doesn't mean he decides what she does as a professional justice tasked with upholding the Constitution.

uh-huh ... you didn't read the whole thing i bet. her religion will dictate her decisions.

she staunchly anti choice & that has everything to do with her beliefs.

if she were asked, (like mike pence ) what/who is she? to list in order
1st, 2nd 3rd...

a constitutional defender, a republican, or a ' christian ' ...

what do you think her answer would be?

There is no religious test for holding office in the United States, so her religious views are off the table...

only if she keeps a wall of separation.

Nope...not even that ......there is no requirement to keep your religion separate....we have freedom of religion in this country.

absolutely one has freedom of religion AND freedom from religion.

but we are a secular nation when it comes to the law of the land. & to override the constitution - which is the law of the land - because one's religion CONflicts with it -

is, uh .... unconstitutional.

Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists
The Final Letter, as Sent

To messers. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.

Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.
Jefferson's Letter to the Danbury Baptists (June 1998) - Library of Congress Information Bulletin
So now all you have to do is point out her rulings that have been overturned because they conflicted with the Constitution. If you can't find any, why be afraid that all of a sudden she's going to start?

New Topics

Forum List

Back