America’s white fragility complex

guno

Gold Member
Mar 18, 2014
NYC and NC
The question is why are Some white people so fragile when it comes to discussing race?

The question is, why are you such a ridiculous racist troll that you feel compelled to start 20+ racist troll threads per day? Racists like you aren't just part of the problem, you are the entire problem.

The question is why are Some white people so fragile when it comes to discussing race? ,Any mention of it as seen as a personal attack upon them which is strange as working class whites have more in common with people of color, it seems they have bought into the construct that they have more in common then the rich white guys

America’s white fragility complex: Why white people get so defensive about their privilege - Salon.com

Tim wise explains where the concept of whiteness came from

If you look at the history of labor in this country the wealthy have been playing the white populace against people of color since the beginning. If the poor white people got restless and demanded better pay the owners just brought in people of color to do the work cheaper. This made the white people mad and gave the wealthy whites a scapegoat. Very similar to what the repubs do as well. The reason poor white males have an issue discussing race is because it destroys their facade that they would be wealthy if only those ******* and spics would stop taking their jobs or get off welfare or stop immigrating etc

• Banned
The question is why are Some white people so fragile when it comes to discussing race? ,Any mention of it as seen as a personal attack upon them which is strange as working class whites have more in common with people of color, it seems they have bought into the construct that they have more in common then the rich white guys

America’s white fragility complex: Why white people get so defensive about their privilege - Salon.com

If you look at the history of labor in this country the wealthy have been playing the white populace against people of color since the beginning. If the poor white people got restless and demanded better pay the owners just brought in people of color to do the work cheaper. This made the white people mad and gave the wealthy whites a scapegoat. Very similar to what the repubs do as well. The reason poor white males have an issue discussing race is because it destroys their facade that they would be wealthy if only those ******* and spics would stop taking their jobs or get off welfare or stop immigrating etc

People like Dylann Roof is the manifestation of racial sickness. But Roof and his ideological forbear President Jefferson Davis of the Confederate States of America are symptoms of the same problem. Until we get at the root cause and discuss the issue the problem lives on. The manifesto that he purportedly wrote is replete with bigoted remarks common to right-wing talk radio and posted on Web sites such as this one. And any one who want to discuss the issue is called a racist themselves

Until we get rid of racist trolls like the OP, the problem will live on.

Some Quotes from an interview with Shelby Steele on the publication of his book "White Guilt". (Steele is Black)
This dating from app 6 years ago, but still on the nose.

"Political correctness is an outgrowth of White Guilt. It’s a way for guilty-feeling whites to Constantly Indicate that they’re not racist, not colonialists, not imperialists, not warmongers, and so on."

"White guilt, which I think Defines Liberalism, is a response to the stigma that white Americans bear for practicing racism for four centuries. Whites live with this constant pressure of having to demonstrate to the world that they’re not bigots, and this manifests itself in many facets of American life."

"I’ll give you my bottom line: We’ve done worse in freedom than we did in segregation. It’s abominable that we made more advances between 1945 and 1965 than we have since, but it’s the truth."

"No one wants to say the Problem with Black America is a Lack of Responsibility for Ourselves.
If you say that and you’re white, you’re going to be called a Racist.
If you say that and you’re black, you’re going to be called an Uncle Tom. But that’s the truth."​
-

Some Quotes from an interview with Shelby Steele on the publication of his book "White Guilt". (Steele is Black)
This dating from app 6 years ago, but still on the nose.

"Political correctness is an outgrowth of White Guilt. It’s a way for guilty-feeling whites to Constantly Indicate that they’re not racist, not colonialists, not imperialists, not warmongers, and so on."

"White guilt, which I think Defines Liberalism, is a response to the stigma that white Americans bear for practicing racism for four centuries. Whites live with this constant pressure of having to demonstrate to the world that they’re not bigots, and this manifests itself in many facets of American life."

"I’ll give you my bottom line: We’ve done worse in freedom than we did in segregation. It’s abominable that we made more advances between 1945 and 1965 than we have since, but it’s the truth."

"No one wants to say the Problem with Black America is a Lack of Responsibility for Ourselves.
If you say that and you’re white, you’re going to be called a Racist.
If you say that and you’re black, you’re going to be called an Uncle Tom. But that’s the truth."​
-
Steele sounds pretty stupid to be honest.

""No one wants to say the Problem with Black America is a Lack of Responsibility for Ourselves"

Isnt that something everyone has a problem with? He would sound more intelligent if he added that Blacks should take responsibility for the additional burden Blacks have to outwork whites and never quit despite the obstacles this white racist system lays in our paths.

I guess that would hurt white boys feelings too. My bad.

lol

upload_2015-11-4_18-33-42.png

That probably is what makes racists so...

That simply negates individual responsibility. Used to be "the devil made me do it". Then we entered the psychosis stage wherein nothing is my fault because of my childhood trauma. Next came naming everything under the sun a disease as alcoholism, obesity, addiction, ADD, ADHD, bi-polar, etc. We've fortunately removed our accountability for everything in existence. Thank goodness, now we're all free, at long last!

Forum List

Back