America's National Parks

There are many different passes available

But you are correct about the basic pass with no discount
There are some free access days during the year and there are numerous programs for seniors and veterans, but for a visitor to the US to visit only one or two parks, they are usually not discounted. If I was to visit Grand Canyon, Yosemite and Yellowstone in one year, I would buy the annual pass. Grand Canyon entrance fee alone is $35 per car. Free Entrance Days in the National Parks (U.S. National Park Service)

I am not a fan of the discover pass. WA charges $5 on auto registrations to support the parks as well. Granted, it can be removed from the registration without penalty, but why am I not granted a discover pass if I pay it on my reg? Also, there is a disparity in the number of parks and water accesses depending on where in the state you live. Great deal if you live in the populated areas of the Puget Sound. Not so good if you live in Clarkston.
Discover Pass has unlimited use in the year it is active which is a great value for those who do a lot of camping, fishing and so on.

I never remove the suggested $5 from the bill as the impact on my wallet isn't a concern for me.

Lake Roosevelt National Recreation Area

LINK

MaryHill State Park with Stonehedge with State Public Observatory near Goldendale.

Includes a large high-class Museum in the large Maryhill building.

LINK

Palouse Falls one of the finest series of Falls in the west.

LINK

Whitman Mission National Historic Site

LINK

At this time, I would not visit a remote US national park with an EV.

I don't see a week's camping trip with an EV ... that's not what EVs are good for ... which are things like grocery shopping, taking a date out for dinner and a movie, commuting to work ... all those trips that are less than a 100 miles ...

For these remote wilderness locations you'll need a Ford F-450 with duelies and a fifth-wheel self-contained forty foot travel trailer ... burn a couple hundred gallons of diesel ...

New Topics

Forum List

Back