America's bank branch bloodbath laid bare: More than 1,500 banks were shut in 2023 - with Wells Fargo, PNC, US Bank and Bank of America

JustAGuy1

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2019
Banks this year closed branches in California and the Midwest faster than elsewhere, as an ongoing elimination of costly brick and mortar locations leaves an increasing number of Americans without access to basic financial services.

Dozens of banks filed notices to close a total of 1,566 branches between January 1 and December 22, according to data from their regulator, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC). In contrast they only notified the regulator of plans to open 472.

And the closures are being felt. DailyMail.com has received emails from concerned readers that they now needing to travel further to access a bank

Thanks Joe.

So many physical bank branches were totally unnecessary. It's not like fast food where Americans keep in shape with one on every street corner.

So many physical bank branches were totally unnecessary. It's not like fast food where Americans keep in shape with one on every street corner.
To some degree yes.
Bank branch closures pretty much did that between 2015-2019. By 2018 closures were slowing down.
Covid only caused a minor spike hardly noticeable, but these higher closing numbers actually started last year.
But in 2024 we are going to see massive failures as there is literally $trillions in debts coming to maturation where industry experts predict 70% will default. No way, no how can the system absorb those losses.
Question is - will Biden cause "worse than 1970s" inflation by printing a few $trillion and bail out the organized crime family, we call central banks - YET AGAIN???

not possible. things are going so well for White6 that this simply can not be.

We are going to see 5 times that in 2024 with the looming commercial real estate bust happening in April-June.

They shut down due to on-line banking. I have not been in the lobby of a bank in years.

You people so very badly what the country to fail so you can gain a few more votes in Nov.

What a shitty way to live

But in 2024 we are going to see massive failures as there is literally $trillions in debts coming to maturation where industry experts predict 70% will default. No way, no how can the system absorb those losses.
Question is - will Biden cause "worse than 1970s" inflation by printing a few $trillion and bail out the organized crime family, we call central banks - YET AGAIN???

you and your wishful thinking. You will not be happy till there is total collapses of the country

They shut down due to on-line banking. I have not been in the lobby of a bank in years.

You people so very badly what the country to fail so you can gain a few more votes in Nov.

What a shitty way to live
Oh STFU loser.
I don't want any such thing. I am 5 years from retirement, you really think I want a system wide failure now???
Fuck no!
[FLIP] - here's a quarter kid, go buy some bubble gum

Oh STFU loser.
I don't want any such thing. I am 5 years from retirement, you really think I want a system wide failure now???
Fuck no!

Of course you do, you would fuck yourself just to see your beloved party gain a few more votes in Nov.

Thus is the nature of the partisan drones.

Bank branches being shut down isn't the same as bank failures is it? What am I missing?

Oh STFU loser.
Fuck no!

I retired in July and my Wife's last day was last Friday. She sent me to Africa for my retirement.

Aren't you just the toughest little boy?
He is a little twat troll that comes along in every economic thread and says some shit.
Like a gnat that won't go away.
Wants a link to the coming commercial real estate crises :lol: - seriously???
What the hell is this twink doing posting in a thread about economics if he doesn't know about this??

Forum List

Back