Americans hate liberty

Actually suspension IS PROVIDE FOR in the constitution. OH wait, let me guess - you think the constitution is a "fascist prick" too? :lmao:

ZOMG.....I disagree with the Constitution and the suspension of habeas corpus.

Fucking shoot me.

When the survival of the state is at stake, it makes no sense to disallow suspension of habeas corpus, since if it the state is destroyed, it can't guarantee ANY rights.

ZOMG, I am a heretic and throw me away in your secret prisons without ever trying me.

Fucking republicans and their love of the state...lol.

They are dicks. What is your point.

Lincoln also suspended habeas corpus, who was a statist prick who waged a bloodbath against his fellow Americans.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner.

^^Thinks Lincoln prime objective was to free black people in which he hated.

^^Thinks he knows what I think and is Wrong.

Lincoln Wanted to Preserve the Union. Freeing the Slaves was a Means to and end not the Reason for the war.

Fucking shoot me.

When the survival of the state is at stake, it makes no sense to disallow suspension of habeas corpus, since if it the state is destroyed, it can't guarantee ANY rights.

ZOMG, I am a heretic and throw me away in your secret prisons without ever trying me.

In lieu of refuting what I said, you just throw a nutsy tantrum. To your room - NOW! :lmao:

Fucking shoot me.

I Love the Constitution, and the Constitution Clearly states that Hebeas Corpus can be suspended in times of Rebellion or Insurrection and in the interests of national Security and in national emergencies. Which the Confederacy most certainly was all of those things.

The Selective and rarely used suspension of habeas corpus the Government Uses in the War on Terror is acceptable under the Constitution as well. As long as proper oversight can be maintained, I see it as a necessary evil.

All of our rights have limits on them. You have free Speech, But see what happens if you yell fire in a crowded Building, or tell someone you wish the president harm.

You have freedom of Religion but if your Religion say believes in plural Marriage then well, not so much.

You have the Right to vote but if you commit a felony You can lose it.

The Constitution is not a suicide Pact. The Executive is given the Power to Suspend habeas corpus and Declare Marshal Law in emergencies for a reason. Yes we must remain Vigilant and make sure that power is not abused, but it is necessary.

Had Old Abe not done what he did. the US as we know it might not even be here right now.

It should be. What a disgrace along with Abu Ghraib.

Terrorist recruitment tools at the expense of liberty.

A few rogue troops - don't get your panties in a knot.

^^Asshole who pays good blood money for Raymond Davis while torturing Bradley Manning.
And i'm quite sure you can provide the concrete proof that Manning's traitorous ass has been tortured, correct?

And don't give us some bullshit from one of your loony extremist sites.

You made the claim, you must FACTUALLY prove it.

A few rogue troops - don't get your panties in a knot.

^^Asshole who pays good blood money for Raymond Davis while torturing Bradley Manning.
And i'm quite sure you can provide the concrete proof that Manning's traitorous ass has been tortured, correct?

Out warmongering is BS, not patriotic, gomer.

They are dicks. What is your point.

Lincoln also suspended habeas corpus, who was a statist prick who waged a bloodbath against his fellow Americans.

Lincoln played by the Constitution, mate.

The U.S. Constitution specifically includes the habeas procedure in the Suspension Clause(Clause 2), located in Article One, Section 9. This states that "The privilege of the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in cases of rebellion or invasion, the public safety may require it."

Anyway, what could be more statist than a Confederacy which held millions in bondage? Lincoln defended liberty. Yes, government, too, can be an instrument of liberty at times.

Lincoln never defended liberty. He supported the Ghost Amendment and wanted to re-colonize blacks with taxpayers' money.
You are a fuckin' idiot to the core.

If Ron Paul had any sense, he'd come out and denounce the fringer loons such as YOU who cling to him.

And you people wonder why he has zero chance.......It's in part due to the fringers like you who completely turn people off with your ignorant BS.

Step off, you anti-american, self professed anarchist pussy.

when the survival of the state is at stake, it makes no sense to disallow suspension of habeas corpus, since if it the state is destroyed, it can't guarantee any rights.

zomg, i am a heretic and throw me away in your secret prisons without ever trying me.

i love the constitution, and the constitution clearly states that hebeas corpus can be suspended in times of rebellion or insurrection and in the interests of national security and in national emergencies. Which the confederacy most certainly was all of those things.

The selective and rarely used suspension of habeas corpus the government uses in the war on terror is acceptable under the constitution as well. As long as proper oversight can be maintained, i see it as a necessary evil.

All of our rights have limits on them. You have free speech, but see what happens if you yell fire in a crowded building, or tell someone you wish the president harm.

You have freedom of religion but if your religion say believes in plural marriage then well, not so much.

You have the right to vote but if you commit a felony you can lose it.

The constitution is not a suicide pact. The executive is given the power to suspend habeas corpus and declare marshal law in emergencies for a reason. Yes we must remain vigilant and make sure that power is not abused, but it is necessary.

Had old abe not done what he did. The us as we know it might not even be here right now.

You're just trying to use facts and logic to confuse him! Not fair!!

Out warmongering is BS, not patriotic, gomer.
That's not called proof, mouth.

Now, prove it.....Can you. Or are you just running off at your obviously ignorant mouth, punk?

zomg, i am a heretic and throw me away in your secret prisons without ever trying me.

i love the constitution, and the constitution clearly states that hebeas corpus can be suspended in times of rebellion or insurrection and in the interests of national security and in national emergencies. Which the confederacy most certainly was all of those things.

The selective and rarely used suspension of habeas corpus the government uses in the war on terror is acceptable under the constitution as well. As long as proper oversight can be maintained, i see it as a necessary evil.

All of our rights have limits on them. You have free speech, but see what happens if you yell fire in a crowded building, or tell someone you wish the president harm.

You have freedom of religion but if your religion say believes in plural marriage then well, not so much.

You have the right to vote but if you commit a felony you can lose it.

The constitution is not a suicide pact. The executive is given the power to suspend habeas corpus and declare marshal law in emergencies for a reason. Yes we must remain vigilant and make sure that power is not abused, but it is necessary.

Had old abe not done what he did. The us as we know it might not even be here right now.

That lil' punk reminds me of a neighbor we had a few years back......A mouthy lil' anarchist type punk. He's now doing 35 to life for rape and mayhem.

If ya' want to see into this lil' fucks future, I just provided the looking glass.

Actually suspension IS PROVIDE FOR in the constitution.

In Ex parte Milligan (1866), the Court established the criteria by which habeas may be suspended: only in places where there is ‘actual military war’ and where the courts are no longer functioning. By this standard Lincoln’s act was un-Constitutional, as the courts were functioning in Maryland.

I Love the Constitution, and the Constitution Clearly states that Hebeas Corpus can be suspended in times of Rebellion or Insurrection and in the interests of national Security and in national emergencies. Which the Confederacy most certainly was all of those things.

The Selective and rarely used suspension of habeas corpus the Government Uses in the War on Terror is acceptable under the Constitution as well. As long as proper oversight can be maintained, I see it as a necessary evil.

All of our rights have limits on them. You have free Speech, But see what happens if you yell fire in a crowded Building, or tell someone you wish the president harm.

You have freedom of Religion but if your Religion say believes in plural Marriage then well, not so much.

The Constitution is not a suicide Pact. The Executive is given the Power to Suspend habeas corpus and Declare Marshal Law in emergencies for a reason. Yes we must remain Vigilant and make sure that power is not abused, but it is necessary.

Had Old Abe not done what he did. the US as we know it might not even be here right now.

You may love the Constitution but you’re ignorant of its case law – See: Ex parte Milligan (1866), as cited above.

‘As long as proper oversight can be maintained…’

Incorrect again. In Boumediene v. Bush (2008), the Court held that the Military Commissions Act of 2006, the ‘proper oversight,’ was Constitutionally insufficient and that the Guantanamo detainees have the right under the Constitution to file habeas petitions.

George W. Bush – yet another president to add to the list of those who illegally suspended the Writ.

And that would be a fail for you as well; see the facts above.

The War on Drugs is really a war on personal liberty conducted by both parties.

It is the war on drugs that has eroded our consitutional right to be left the hell alone.

Um, rather than to wrangle around about Constitutional perception and previous presidential decisions... Habeas Corpus in Latin means "You may have the body" Which if it is in fact so hated here within America it is because of the (ancient) Fundamental base it may represent and the lack of understanding in which the masses have of it. Of course the writ is "the fundamental instrument for safeguarding individual freedom against arbitrary and lawless state action." Policed or not... controlled and manipulated by monies or not... The burden of 'doubt' is on the 'state'...

[SIZE=-1]From Magna Carta the exact quote is: “...no free man shall be taken or imprisoned or disseised or exiled or in any way destroyed except by the lawful judgment of their peers or by the law of the land.” [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]The practice and right of Habeas Corpus was settled practice and law at the time of Magna Carta and was thus a fundamental part of the unwritten common “law of the land” as was expressly recognized by Magna Carta.

I like best what this guy says: "[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]In the final analysis, the strength and resilience, and I might add common sense, of the evolved, time tested, common law prevailed. The interest of the people as reflected in their common law won a several centuries old contest with the civil law brought to England by the Norman conquest. Habeas Corpus is merely one feature, albeit it an important one, of the common law. As a feature of common law, the right of Habeas Corpus reflects the age old contest between the individual and the state. Habeas Corpus empowers the individual in holding accountable the exercise of the state’s awesome power to restrain liberty."

source: Habeas Corpus
[/SIZE]

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo: Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner.

^^Thinks Lincoln prime objective was to free black people in which he hated.

^^Thinks he knows what I think and is Wrong.

Lincoln Wanted to Preserve the Union. Freeing the Slaves was a Means to and end not the Reason for the war.

Right. Lincoln wanted to preserve the Union and defeat the Confederacy. But the Confederacy seceded to preserve and expand slavery. Thus, the war WAS about slavery, even if that wasn't Lincoln's initial focus.

Many Americans do NOT hate their liberty.

They just hate their neighbor liberties.

Actually suspension IS PROVIDE FOR in the constitution.

In Ex parte Milligan (1866), the Court established the criteria by which habeas may be suspended: only in places where there is ‘actual military war’ and where the courts are no longer functioning. By this standard Lincoln’s act was un-Constitutional, as the courts were functioning in Maryland.

You may love the Constitution but you’re ignorant of its case law – See: Ex parte Milligan (1866), as cited above.

‘As long as proper oversight can be maintained…’

Incorrect again. In Boumediene v. Bush (2008), the Court held that the Military Commissions Act of 2006, the ‘proper oversight,’ was Constitutionally insufficient and that the Guantanamo detainees have the right under the Constitution to file habeas petitions.

George W. Bush – yet another president to add to the list of those who illegally suspended the Writ.

And that would be a fail for you as well; see the facts above.

You repeatedly represent wrongly-decided or novel interpretations of the constitution as the constitution itself. If that were true, then dred scott and plessy v. ferguson were "the constitution". Case law is just case law, and can be overturned.

Only Ron Paul defends habeas corpus. Republicans act like fascists and pretend it doesn't exist and liberals pay lip service to it while being more fascist than Republicans.

Habeas corpus is a fundamental pillar of liberty. Sadly, most Americans don't give a fuck for it.

I'm a classical liberal...

Only a retard would bitch about republicans when moonbat authoritarians are running the show.

I love when people get butt-fucked by progressives they blame republicans.

This trend is amusing.

The constitution lays out the american notion of habeas corpus - it simply prevents authorities from throwing someone in jail and never charging him. At the same time, it recognizes that when the state itself is in jeopardy, it can be temporarily suspended, and logic supports that there should be the possibility, since if the state is overthrown it can't protect ANY rights. Habeas corpus was actually suspended in Britain at least as far as 1794, when there were threats of widespread insurrection in Britain.

I'm sure classical liberals are tired of getting pissed on....

We're tired of the lazy that want something for nothing.

You want something? earn it -just like the rich did.

Booo fucking hoo you're up to your eyeballs in debt.

That was your choice as an individual.

The rich this the rich that.......... I'm sick of hearing it...

Forum List

Back