Americans Distrustful Of Mass Media

It makes sense that more democrats trust the mass media because the majority of the mass media are run by the DNC.

I think most of what influences people these days is social media, and now Big Tech censors if for the DNC as well.

Can we have a democracy without a free press and social media?

No, just a DNC takeover of the country is all that it results in.

40%???
What??
I refuse to believe 40% of the population are so gullible as to believe today's MSM are trustworthy... either side.
I would say it is more like 20%... and of that 20%... probably 80% are over the age of 70.

40%???
What??
I refuse to believe 40% of the population are so gullible as to believe today's MSM are trustworthy... either side.
I would say it is more like 20%... and of that 20%... probably 80% are over the age of 70.
True that.

It could be any number as they simply choose to tell us what they want us to believe.

Hell, we could all be against them and never know it because no one will report it.

One thing is for sure, the media does not need us.

They can obtain enough financial backing from the government and rich elite with zero ratings.

Trump is right
More and more people are now aware of operation mockingbird where the CIA had plants in media to propagate their lies.there is a huge awakening going on that people understand you cannot believe the msm media.cnn used to have several millions of people tuning in to listen to them everyday where now it’s been reported lesss than a million do now.

Trump is right
That gallop poll information looks quite valid and a longitudinal study has more legitimacy particularly with same question polled since the 70’s, and I believe I read it was 10,000 or 20,000 who were polled? So, a sufficient number of responses assuming they had different zip codes.

One observation about Gallup’s poll, this: in the article, they combined two responses to make a invalid statement about “four out of 10” think” which is a basically a bogus statement because they combined two possible options. If Gallop wants to keep it honest, giving a person a choice of 4 distinct answers but then merging two answers together to make either a more positive or more negative statement (in this case to make a more positive assessment) has an element of deception.

The great news is deliberately skewing information will continue to motivate more of us to continue to fight the good fight and never accept printed interpretations. More and more Americans are no longer sitting back and ingesting third party interpretations without breaking it down and making sure that the way the info presented is straightforward. Gallup needs to keep it honest, and the people will eventually decide their fate as well as all other pollster orgs.

Trump is right
That gallop poll information looks quite valid and a longitudinal study has more legitimacy particularly with same question polled since the 70’s, and I believe I read it was 10,000 or 20,000 who were polled? So, a sufficient number of responses assuming they had different zip codes.

One observation about Gallup’s poll, this: in the article, they combined two responses to make a invalid statement about “four out of 10” think” which is a basically a bogus statement because they combined two possible options. If Gallop wants to keep it honest, giving a person a choice of 4 distinct answers but then merging two answers together to make either a more positive or more negative statement (in this case to make a more positive assessment) has an element of deception.

The great news is deliberately skewing information will continue to motivate more of us to continue to fight the good fight and never accept printed interpretations. More and more Americans are no longer sitting back and ingesting third party interpretations without breaking it down and making sure that the way the info presented is straightforward. Gallup needs to keep it honest, and the people will eventually decide their fate as well as all other pollster orgs.
Wait a minute. An opinion poll taken in the 1970s, 50 years ago, is useless.

Trump is right

Lol Viktor- you’d be 100% correct if that’s what I meant, so I will be happy to clarify:) This particular poll has asked the question- how much trust do you have in the US media- and has asked every year since the ‘70’s. Longitudinal studies compare data over time- like with this one we’re talking about- so do responses hold the same or change from year to year and any notable differences over that time period? Because this poll has reportedly taken place every year for almost 50 years, it’s an interesting analysis but still subject to error.

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify!

Trump is right

Lol Viktor- you’d be 100% correct if that’s what I meant, so I will be happy to clarify:) This particular poll has asked the question- how much trust do you have in the US media- and has asked every year since the ‘70’s. Longitudinal studies compare data over time- like with this one we’re talking about- so do responses hold the same or change from year to year and any notable differences over that time period? Because this poll has reportedly taken place every year for almost 50 years, it’s an interesting analysis but still subject to error.

Thanks for the opportunity to clarify!
I don't see any relevance to an opinion poll taken years ago. Opinions change.

Carry-on Victor, I don’t know how to explain it better than that. The longitudinal study was started in the 70s and continued in 1980, ‘81, ‘82, ‘83, ‘84, ‘85, ‘86……’90, ‘91, ‘92, …’96, ….’2000…. ‘2005….2010, every single year until this one came out.

You might not be able to tell, but we’re more on the same side about this issue. My criticism is that the pollsters should’ve stuck to honesty with the statement that only 9% thought the media is trustworthy. They couldn’t leave it alone imo because it didn’t poll “left enough” so they combined two answers together to blur the appearance of the individual 9% lowly stat result.

I initially had a snarky remark but came back to edit to keep out of the mud after I felt bad. I am sure my posts can be confusing.

Last edited:
40%???
What??
If you look at the poll results, look at what the poll really found but was blurred by that polling org. Only 9% of those polled trusts the media fully, yet that stat was intentionally combined with the second possible response “a fair amount of trust” in media to make the statement that “4 out of 10” think the media is trustworthy. I’m wondering what else was manipulated, like with most polls there’s a lot of manipulation by the way questions are worked, what are the possible answers and how are they worded, and how much of a political motivation is there behind the polling organization.

Carry-on Victor, I don’t know how to explain it better than that. The longitudinal study was started in the 70s and continued in 1980, ‘81, ‘82, ‘83, ‘84, ‘85, ‘86……’90, ‘91, ‘92, …’96, ….’2000…. ‘2005….2010, every single year until this one came out.

You might not be able to tell, but we’re more on the same side about this issue. My criticism is that the pollsters should’ve stuck to honesty with the statement that only 9% thought the media is trustworthy. They couldn’t leave it alone imo because it didn’t poll “left enough” so they combined two answers together to blur the appearance of the individual 9% lowly stat result.

I initially had a snarky remark but came back to edit to keep out of the mud after I felt bad. I am sure my posts can be confusing.
Confusing is not the right word. Contradictory is.

Forum List

Back