America - Nation of Immigrants

OMG. There's TWO of you out there? What is becoming of us?

10: of, relating to, or being a member of an aboriginal people of North or South America : native american
When your ancestors arrived here eight generations ago, there had been people living on this continent for 10,000, 20,000, 30,000 years or more. They were hunting, farming, fishing, raising their families, trading with, allying with and warring with other tribes, sometimes gathering in huge cities of tens and hundreds of thousands of people. Ya know, living here.
If we got here four hundred years ago, we're American, alright. But you have no right to call yourself a Native American. That's not what the term connotes and it's damned disrespectful to call yourself that.

Sorry, but because they arrived here earlier under a different route does not afford special status.

I was born here. I am a Native American by any definitive interpretation.

10: of, relating to, or being a member of an aboriginal people of North or South America : native american
When your ancestors arrived here eight generations ago, there had been people living on this continent for 10,000, 20,000, 30,000 years or more. They were hunting, farming, fishing, raising their families, trading with, allying with and warring with other tribes, sometimes gathering in huge cities of tens and hundreds of thousands of people. Ya know, living here.
If we got here four hundred years ago, we're American, alright. But you have no right to call yourself a Native American. That's not what the term connotes and it's damned disrespectful to call yourself that.

Sorry, but because they arrived here earlier under a different route does not afford special status.

I was born here. I am a Native American

Yes it does, and no you are not.

Too funny.

This conversation no longer serves any purpose.

Ah the standard refrain that our Liberal leadership sings. What is insidious about that is they are hiding their real desire to permanently change the voting demographics by using these flowery phrases. No sale.

Too funny.

This conversation no longer serves any purpose.

It never did. You were just spouting nonsense.

Ah the standard refrain that our Liberal leadership sings. What is insidious about that is they are hiding their real desire to permanently change the voting demographics by using these flowery phrases. No sale.

What "flowery phrases"?

I live in soCal. I was talking to a duel citizenship mex the other day. He boasted about how he commits crimes and goes back to mex for a while then he come back and gets a slap on the wrist. He also said that baja cal is the 51st state. The illegals travel back and fourth every day to work here and then go back to mex every night. They look at the border as if it werent there. They dont want to be American and they dont want our ways or our language, they only want our jobs and our infrastructure.. They are only here to get what they can get. Go to ss office or unemployment office...no English spoken. Ther are groups here that speak out against America and say to take over. They say turn cali into mex. Is this what you want?

Any link to support your bullshit? I have business here in San Diego and Mexico I know you are lying.

racist%2Bborder%2Bwall.png

The US was built by immigrants, sure, but immigrants who came here legally.

The only ones really saying that, Willy, are lefty democrats whose families have been here for generations. They only need to find a few immigrants willing to carry a few signs around and you will swallow their propaganda faster than they could have dreamed.

We are, have always been, and will always be a nation of immigrants. It is one of the defining characteristics of the greatest nation the world has ever known.

The Contributions of Immigrants to American Culture

"The standard account of American immigration focuses on the acculturation and assimilation of immigrants and their children to American society. This analysis typically ignores the significant contributions of immigrants to the creation of American culture through the performing arts, sciences, and other cultural pursuits. Immigrants and their children are not born with more creative talents than native-born citizens, but their selectivity and marginality may have pushed and pulled those with ability into high-risk career paths that reward creative work. The presence of large numbers of talented immigrants in Hollywood, academia, and the high-tech industries has pushed American institutions to be more meritocratic and open to innovation than they would be otherwise.

The lives of most immigrants are a dialectic between the memories of the world left behind and the day-to-day struggles of learning the ropes of a new society. Mastering a new language, living and working among strangers, and coping with the unfamiliar are only some of the challenges faced by immigrants. It is no wonder that nostalgia has a strong grip on the cultural pursuits of immigrants. Immigrant communities generally find comfort in familiar religious traditions and rituals, seek out newspapers and literature from the homeland, and celebrate holidays and special occasions with traditional music, dance, cuisine, and leisure-time pursuits."

Always have been, always will be.

Interesting. If I am not a Native American, why then am I often accused of nativism by the illegals and their supporters?

Interesting. If I am not a Native American, why then am I often accused of nativism by the illegals and their supporters?

Because the two terms mean different things.

Indeed they do, but the root word does not.

Your limited understanding of the English language is causing your confusion.

Too funny.

Your blockheadedness is causing yours.

HIs point is correct and valid.

Google

"1.
US
the policy of protecting the interests of native-born or established inhabitants against those of immigrants.
"a deep vein of xenophobia and nativism"

He is both "native born" AND "established inhabitants".

While

It is the "native" in Native American which has a different meaning.

Google

"noun
  1. 1.
    a member of any of the indigenous peoples of the Americas."

Indeed, as a "native american" could be an indigenous people from the southern portion of South America who just got off the boat from further away that BIlly's distant ancestors did, he has more of a claim to the term "Native" than a many (most?) "Native Americans".

Forum List

Back