America makes aircraft carriers. China sells stuff…

So true and they are kicking our ass in just about every economic endeavor. We are watching the USA Empire slowly die before our eyes, thanks to our rapacious oligarchs and the politicians they own. Not necessarily a bad thing. A warlike empire needs termination.

Excellent column by Fred Reed.
A Dolorous Imbalance

Now R supporters commence Xiden comments and D supporters Putin/Trump are lovers comments, just like little naughty second graders.
Prototype of China’s 385 mph maglev train
Pingtang Bridge, recently opened. Well over a thousand feet high

“An almost entirely automated port in China, during unload of a container ship. “
“An almost entirely automated port in China, during unload of a container ship. “
They also have 3 aircraft carriers under construction and two completed and in service.
Their first aircraft carrier has problems. If you don't at first succeed, try and try, again. A long journey begins with the first step.
The main problem with it is the fact that using the Ski ramp for take off means they can carry no appreciable weapons load and even require a recuded fuel load. As a result, their fighters are almost useless.

It is not their 'fighters' we have to worry about....it is China's massive arsenal of missles....capable of destroying our Aircraft Carriers.

I haven't seen a demonstration that shows that China can knockout our aircraft carriers with missiles. Carrier groups have massive defenses against missile attacks.
I am reminded of General Billy Mitchell a early advocate of air power and when he demonstrated a Airplane could sink a Battleship he became very unpopular with the big boys and eventually he was courtmartialed.

Now today we see something very similar....those who cling to the importance of aircraft carriers even though it is known they are very vulnurable to missle attacks.

The missiles are going hypersonic now. They are faster and faster. You shoot 20 of them and if only 1 gets through that at least slows down or stops the carrier from using their aircraft. In an all out war, they out mass produce us. So we better have a huge technology advantage. Perhaps those UFO's the military has been showing recently are our so called secret projects. Then they will be used to win the day before the war goes nuclear.
There is no way to shoot down a hypersonic sea skimming missile in a surprise attack as the weapons that will do the shooting are not kept loaded and unlocked, which is what they must be to shoot at a missile coming in at 1.7 miles per second
Where is the guarantee anything moving that fast can hit the broad side of a barn? That's the key point where the Chinese and Russian suck!

So true and they are kicking our ass in just about every economic endeavor. We are watching the USA Empire slowly die before our eyes, thanks to our rapacious oligarchs and the politicians they own. Not necessarily a bad thing. A warlike empire needs termination.

A Dolorous Imbalance

Now R supporters commence Xiden comments and D supporters Putin/Trump are lovers comments, just like little naughty second graders.

They also have 3 aircraft carriers under construction and two completed and in service.
Their first aircraft carrier has problems. If you don't at first succeed, try and try, again. A long journey begins with the first step.
The main problem with it is the fact that using the Ski ramp for take off means they can carry no appreciable weapons load and even require a recuded fuel load. As a result, their fighters are almost useless.

It is not their 'fighters' we have to worry about....it is China's massive arsenal of missles....capable of destroying our Aircraft Carriers.

I haven't seen a demonstration that shows that China can knockout our aircraft carriers with missiles. Carrier groups have massive defenses against missile attacks.
No carrier last 1 day in an all out war, which is why the USA uses them to attack camels
China can now hold the U.S. Navy’s surface fleet at risk at significant ranges from the mainland. This threat to the U.S. surface fleet continues to grow. China’s anti-surface capability is founded on four developments: (1) the establishment of an increasingly capable long-range maritime surveillance capability designed to detect and track surface ships, (2) the deployment of sophisticated anti-ship cruise missiles and the world’s first anti-ship ballistic missile, (3) the acquisition of strike aircraft with greater range and power, and (4) the deployment of new classes of larger and quieter submarines armed with cruise missiles and torpedoes
There is a good reason that Russia does not have an active carrier, which is that they are useless in an all out conflict
No, they got rid of their carriers because they suck at building and maintaining them.
Russia dumped a useless weapons system, but then Russia does not launch air attacks on camels like the USA does.

So are you going to pretend that you are an admiral forever, or do you have plans to grow up one day
Fuck you and the camel you rode in on. You need to STFU and stick to topics you ight know something about. I was a Navy O-4 before Clinton destroyed the military with his "peace dividend". I deployed 4 times to the Med and Middle East. I also served on one of those useless carriers that attacked your fucking camel! I also was a role player training special operations troops for 11 years. Now, I work as an Army contractor. What are your qualifications to pontificate? None or you watch a lot of TV?

A Dolorous Imbalance

I am reminded of General Billy Mitchell a early advocate of air power and when he demonstrated a Airplane could sink a Battleship he became very unpopular with the big boys and eventually he was courtmartialed.

Now today we see something very similar....those who cling to the importance of aircraft carriers even though it is known they are very vulnurable to missle attacks.

The missiles are going hypersonic now. They are faster and faster. You shoot 20 of them and if only 1 gets through that at least slows down or stops the carrier from using their aircraft. In an all out war, they out mass produce us. So we better have a huge technology advantage. Perhaps those UFO's the military has been showing recently are our so called secret projects. Then they will be used to win the day before the war goes nuclear.
There is no way to shoot down a hypersonic sea skimming missile in a surprise attack as the weapons that will do the shooting are not kept loaded and unlocked, which is what they must be to shoot at a missile coming in at 1.7 miles per second
Where is the guarantee anything moving that fast can hit the broad side of a barn? That's the key point where the Chinese and Russian suck!
Since the offensive weapons systems are not loaded and unlocked the USA is defenseless against a surprise attack against a weapon traveling 2.7 miles per second

A Dolorous Imbalance

No carrier last 1 day in an all out war, which is why the USA uses them to attack camels
China can now hold the U.S. Navy’s surface fleet at risk at significant ranges from the mainland. This threat to the U.S. surface fleet continues to grow. China’s anti-surface capability is founded on four developments: (1) the establishment of an increasingly capable long-range maritime surveillance capability designed to detect and track surface ships, (2) the deployment of sophisticated anti-ship cruise missiles and the world’s first anti-ship ballistic missile, (3) the acquisition of strike aircraft with greater range and power, and (4) the deployment of new classes of larger and quieter submarines armed with cruise missiles and torpedoes
There is a good reason that Russia does not have an active carrier, which is that they are useless in an all out conflict
No, they got rid of their carriers because they suck at building and maintaining them.
Russia dumped a useless weapons system, but then Russia does not launch air attacks on camels like the USA does.

So are you going to pretend that you are an admiral forever, or do you have plans to grow up one day
Fuck you and the camel you rode in on. You need to STFU and stick to topics you ight know something about. I was a Navy O-4 before Clinton destroyed the military with his "peace dividend". I deployed 4 times to the Med and Middle East. I also served on one of those useless carriers that attacked your fucking camel! I also was a role player training special operations troops for 11 years. Now, I work as an Army contractor. What are your qualifications to pontificate? None or you watch a lot of TV?
I have to laugh at people like you who cant say anything else than the USA is invulnerable, because the USA is not invulnerable. People like you are both foolish and very dangerous to the security of the USA. Now continue being a fake admiral at will

A Dolorous Imbalance

Since the offensive weapons systems are not loaded and unlocked the USA is defenseless against a surprise attack against a weapon traveling 2.7 miles per second
OMG, STFU! In the age of satellites, there is no such thing as a surprise attack, dumbass!

A Dolorous Imbalance

I have to laugh at people like you who cant say anything else than the USA is invulnerable, because the USA is not invulnerable. People like you are both foolish and very dangerous to the security of the USA. Now continue being a fake admiral at will

I laugh at stupid mother-fuckers like you who talk out their ass and have avatars that describe the back of their TVs. Goodbye moron! I will waste no more time on your arrogance and ignorance.

A Dolorous Imbalance

OMG, STFU! In the age of satellites, there is no such thing as a surprise attack, dumbass!
Yea there is all you need is a sea skimming weapon that comes in under radar.

LOL the admiral is on a streak, continue on

A Dolorous Imbalance

I laugh at stupid mother-fuckers like you who talk out their ass and have avatars that describe the back of their TVs. Goodbye moron! I will waste no more time on your arrogance and ignorance.
Defeat accepted

A Dolorous Imbalance

How do you get under the radar of a an AEW aircraft?

A Dolorous Imbalance

How do you get under the radar of a an AEW aircraft?
LOL by the time anything is seen the missile is already there and there will not be one missile but hundreds. Shooting a few is meaningless, the entire surface fleet is gone or on the way back to port in a day

Not that a fake admiral could comprehend

Last edited:

A Dolorous Imbalance

Vote blue not red! We know the democrats are for upgrading infrastructure.

A Dolorous Imbalance

Vote blue not red! We know the democrats are for upgrading infrastructure.
No difference between the two criminal gangs believing there is, is evidence of ignorance.

A Dolorous Imbalance

That train looks awesome.
Hail your Chinese leaders
Seriously ? You hate a train ?
Hail your Chinese masters and the train made by chinese reeducation camp slaves
Do you have a link to any of that ?
The Russian Zircon missile travels at 2.7 miles per second or 9800mph

Fantastic. I was more concerned that you thought that I worked for the Chinese and that they used slaves to build the train.
So do you?
Only on a casual basis. George keeps me busy most of the time.

A Dolorous Imbalance

It's useless to Russia because it isn't tasked with maintaining freedom of the seas.

You're an idiot who has no understanding of military strategy.

A Dolorous Imbalance

Those have been around for decades, moron

A Dolorous Imbalance

50 years from now, in whatever is left of the US, our children will ask their parents "Why did you let this happen?"

I recall seeing Chrysler's Turbine car from the 1960's a decade later at a car show in Cleveland. Subject of the thread reminded me of this and my dad's words at the time about how while we were playing with this the Japanese were busy improving their cars and now are kicking our ass.

1621524357756.png

I recall seeing Chrysler's Turbine car from the 1960's a decade later at a car show in Cleveland. Subject of the thread reminded me of this and my dad's words at the time about how while we were playing with this the Japanese were busy improving their cars and now are kicking our ass.

Your dad was right. Imagine being behind this thing on a motorcycle in stop and go traffic.
It formed the basis for the rear of the Barris Batmobile and sound effects for the TV series.

A Dolorous Imbalance

50 years from now, in whatever is left of the US, our children will ask their parents "Why did you let this happen?"
People with narrow vision sought empire over innovation and trade

Forum List

Back