America at its Best...America Liberals Want to Destroy

Turz, you paint with a broad brush. I do not commit to a party, but lean heavily Democratic and most often, but not always, vote that way, although mostly against rather than for. I was raised in a Christian household, attend church faithfully, taught Sunday School to 12 yr olds for years, and sadly know each and every time I have failed my faith. I always say Merry Christmas, never use XMas. In my car is a disc of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir of patriotic songs (I have a funny story about that) that I play close to every time I drive. I do not listen to talk radio or Fox though. Here's my comeback to the contempt you express for Democrats. I see Republicans as the talk-the-talk party. I see Republicans making a great show of their patriotism and their faith, just like that Biblical rich guy with the wide band of stature edging his robes and trumpets announcing his presence as he prays loudly on the street corner about how glad he is that he is not like 'other men', then lists their faults, which he evidently thinks he does not possess. But the urge for freedom seems to have rather strict limits within the Party, like women's rights in both body and earning capacity for one. In many areas of walk-the-walk I see many Republicans fall very short of the great displays they like to think defines them. I have several Republican friends who have really good ideas, and several Democratic friends who seem too cavalier to me, but like you, my overall picture of the opposition is a very negative one. ps, I think you are one of the good guys and value your posts.
It is not difficult for any of us to smell a rat around here. You are not a rat. And your testimony is genuine with good intentions.

I cannot address all you said, but I will say that neither am I endeared to any political party. The republicans in high places do not impress. It is more lip service, self aggrandizement, and personal gain they seem to put ahead of the common good. Two years now they have had a majority in the house and senate and have done next to nothing to support all their bravado as to what they said they would do.

So there’s that. But also, when I impugn democrats or liberals, one – I am not excusing our sins, and two, I do not mean to imply it is intended to accuse a majority of the people who may lean that way. No doubt there are very good people, Christians and non-Christians alike, who vote democrat because they believe their platforms are better served for the people. I guess I do not agree. I am very much opposed to legalized abortion, the celebration every kind of sexual perversion or demand. The indoctrination of our youth in our schools and in our culture to do as one pleases. We need more discipline, and more instruction on faith and morals. No, I do not think that will come through politics or policies or presidents or even the courts. I think it can only come one person at a time recognizing the truth about who gave them life, why they are here, and where they may be going once they pass. Thanks for your fair words.

Last edited:
Turz, you paint with a broad brush. I do not commit to a party, but lean heavily Democratic and most often, but not always, vote that way, although mostly against rather than for. I was raised in a Christian household, attend church faithfully, taught Sunday School to 12 yr olds for years, and sadly know each and every time I have failed my faith. I always say Merry Christmas, never use XMas. In my car is a disc of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir of patriotic songs (I have a funny story about that) that I play close to every time I drive. I do not listen to talk radio or Fox though. Here's my comeback to the contempt you express for Democrats. I see Republicans as the talk-the-talk party. I see Republicans making a great show of their patriotism and their faith, just like that Biblical rich guy with the wide band of stature edging his robes and trumpets announcing his presence as he prays loudly on the street corner about how glad he is that he is not like 'other men', then lists their faults, which he evidently thinks he does not possess. But the urge for freedom seems to have rather strict limits within the Party, like women's rights in both body and earning capacity for one. In many areas of walk-the-walk I see many Republicans fall very short of the great displays they like to think defines them. I have several Republican friends who have really good ideas, and several Democratic friends who seem too cavalier to me, but like you, my overall picture of the opposition is a very negative one. ps, I think you are one of the good guys and value your posts.
It is not difficult for any of us to smell a rat around here. You are not a rat. And your testimony is genuine with good intentions.

I cannot address all you said, but I will say that neither am I endeared to any political party. The republicans in high places do not impress. It is more lip service, self aggrandizement, and personal gain they seem to put ahead of the common good. Two years now they have had a majority in the house and senate and have done next to nothing to support all their bravado as to what they said they would do.

So there’s that. But also, when I impugn democrats or liberals, one – I am not excusing our sins, and two, I do not mean to imply it is not intended to accuse a majority of the people who may lean that way. No doubt there are very good people, Christians and non-Christians alike, who vote democrat because they believe their platforms are better served for the people. I guess I do not agree. I am very much opposed to legalized abortion, the celebration every kind of sexual perversion or demand. The indoctrination of our youth in our schools and in our culture to do as one pleases. We need more discipline, and more instruction on faith and morals. No, I do not think that will come through politics or policies or presidents or even the courts. I think it can only come one person at a time recognizing the truth about who gave them life, why they are here, and where they may be going once they pass. Thanks for your fair words.
My dad a life long Democrat at the end of his days listened a lot to the babylon media. He and I had a discussion one day that pretty much went like your post above. As I gave him the information about what was really going on he kept repeating, "I did not know that". He was given ten days to live by the hospital when they released him to go home to die. Told me after he'd gotten home he wasn't ready yet to die and asked for help. Before it was all said and done during those conversations he decided on his own that this huge system we have is extremely corrupt. He weaned himself off of the pharmaceuticals as much as possible and lived for another year with natural medicine and a more lucid mind.

So there’s that. But also, when I impugn democrats or liberals, one – I am not excusing our sins, and two, I do not mean to imply it is not intended to accuse a majority of the people who may lean that way. No doubt there are very good people, Christians and non-Christians alike, who vote democrat because they believe their platforms are better served for the people. I guess I do not agree. I am very much opposed to legalized abortion, the celebration every kind of sexual perversion or demand. The indoctrination of our youth in our schools and in our culture to do as one pleases. We need more discipline, and more instruction on faith and morals. No, I do not think that will come through politics or policies or presidents or even the courts. I think it can only come one person at a time recognizing the truth about who gave them life, why they are here, and where they may be going once they pass. Thanks for your fair words.
My dad a life long Democrat at the end of his days listened a lot to the babylon media. He and I had a discussion one day that pretty much went like your post above. As I gave him the information about what was really going on he kept repeating, "I did not know that". He was given ten days to live by the hospital when they released him to go home to die. Told me after he'd gotten home he wasn't ready yet to die and asked for help. Before it was all said and done during those conversations he decided on his own that this huge system we have is extremely corrupt. He weaned himself off of the pharmaceuticals as much as possible and lived for another year with natural medicine and a more lucid mind.
Thanks for that account. Maybe your father’s epiphany helped him beyond. This political and social banter here is by and large to bolster our own egos or for our own entertainment. We are not changing lives much at all. That we need to do face to face and day by day. So even though I am a devout Catholic, our creed is not >> only those who accept Jesus are allowed into heaven and too bad for the rest of you. No. The Catholic Church at Vatican II says this: Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.

My point is, I am not an elitist or as judgmental as I may sound here. Just trying to challenge and get reactions. We are an extension of the "babylon media" : D

Thanks for that account. Maybe your father’s epiphany helped him beyond. This political and social banter here is by and large to bolster our own egos or for our own entertainment. We are not changing lives much at all. That we need to do face to face and day by day. So even though I am a devout Catholic, our creed is not >> only those who accept Jesus are allowed into heaven and too bad for the rest of you. No. The Catholic Church at Vatican II says this: Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.

My point is, I am not an elitist or as judgmental as I may sound here. Just trying to challenge and get reactions. We are an extension of the "babylon media" : D
I post here generally in between items I am researching. It is good at times to keep up on the mindset beyond.... Prayers and a little truth may go a much farther than you and others realize. My parents were products of the fifties and to look on the outside one would think a perfect vision of a family but people look most generally in the limitations of a carnal mind. If we are fortunate enough to be given vision beyond that can be shared and often times does help others along the way.

So there’s that. But also, when I impugn democrats or liberals, one – I am not excusing our sins, and two, I do not mean to imply it is intended to accuse a majority of the people who may lean that way. No doubt there are very good people, Christians and non-Christians alike, who vote democrat because they believe their platforms are better served for the people. I guess I do not agree. I am very much opposed to legalized abortion, the celebration every kind of sexual perversion or demand. The indoctrination of our youth in our schools and in our culture to do as one pleases. We need more discipline, and more instruction on faith and morals. No, I do not think that will come through politics or policies or presidents or even the courts. I think it can only come one person at a time recognizing the truth about who gave them life, why they are here, and where they may be going once they pass. Thanks for your fair words.
Turz, let me tell you about my experience with my Mormon Tabernacle Choir disc I keep in my car. I had it on one day last summer, nice day, windows down. I was the second car in a 2 lane going in my direction in the inside lane. Ahead of me was a young kid (white FYI) listening to a really disgusting Rap about beating women and calling them pretty nasty stuff. Naturally it carried for about a block. The car next to him in the outside lane was visibly disturbed by this imposition of trash on his ears. As it happened, the Battle Hymn came on at that instant, so I cranked that baby up to very high and nearly blew the kid's back window out. No rapper can match those wonderful voices. He literally jumped. AND he turned the volume down! As the light turned green, the man next to him stuck his arm out the window in my direction with a thumbs up...and I felt GOOOOOD!

Turz, let me tell you about my experience with my Mormon Tabernacle Choir disc I keep in my car. I had it on one day last summer, nice day, windows down. I was the second car in a 2 lane going in my direction in the inside lane. Ahead of me was a young kid (white FYI) listening to a really disgusting Rap about beating women and calling them pretty nasty stuff. Naturally it carried for about a block. The car next to him in the outside lane was visibly disturbed by this imposition of trash on his ears. As it happened, the Battle Hymn came on at that instant, so I cranked that baby up to very high and nearly blew the kid's back window out. No rapper can match those wonderful voices. He literally jumped. AND he turned the volume down! As the light turned green, the man next to him stuck his arm out the window in my direction with a thumbs up...and I felt GOOOOOD!

That's a great story! Seriously.

And a truly emotional song.

Mormons - 1 Rappers - 0

Forum List

Back