Amazon's Jeff Bezos launches $10-billion Bezos Earth Fund to fight climate change

Aletheia4u

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2017
I see he hasn't went green in his transportation dept. I guess that it will cost too much, that it will put him out of business.

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos announced Monday that he was committing $10 billion of his personal fortune to fight climate change with the creation of the Bezos Earth Fund.

The announcement was made on Instagram.

"Climate change is the biggest threat to our planet. I want to work alongside others both to amplify known ways and to explore new ways of fighting the devastating impact of climate change on this planet we all share," Bezos posted.

No details were made available about the fund or its composition. It seems likely to be a charitable organization along the same lines as two others launched previously by Bezos. They are the Day 1 Families Fund, which focuses on shelter and food for young families and the Day 1 Academies Fund, which operates nonprofit full-scholarship Montessori preschools in underserved communities.
Amazon's Jeff Bezos launches $10-billion Bezos Earth Fund to fight climate change

Amazon's Delivery Vans Point to the Future for EVs

Bezos realizes unlike moronic deniers that we live on one planet that we are incapable of getting off of, and that no matter how many billions you may have, no one will escape the consequences of climate change.

If Bezos wants to spend all his cash on crack and tranny hookers, bless his little cotton socks.

Personal liberty, my friends.

Bezos realizes unlike moronic deniers that we live on one planet that we are incapable of getting off of, and that no matter how many billions you may have, no one will escape the consequences of climate change.
Maybe not. It might be his billions spent on his space program, is an effort to leave the planet.

Jeff Bezos: I spend my billions on space because we're destroying Earth
We are a long way from Star Trek. Unless there is a quantum leap in space technology we will never get off this planet and even if we do, where will we live once we have decimated the environment on the Planet? Mars? The Moon? A barren existence I guess is fitting for the barren planet we would have created.

Maybe not. It might be his billions spent on his space program, is an effort to leave the planet.

We are a long way from Star Trek. Unless there is a quantum leap in space technology we will never get off this planet and even if we do, where will we live once we have decimated the environment on the Planet? Mars? The Moon? A barren existence I guess is fitting for the barren planet we would have created.
I don’t disagree, but Bezos might.

I don’t disagree, but Bezos might.
I hope he is, or someone else is, successful with space tech. I am pessimistic as of now of where are we headed. That may change...I hope.

Good for him, but I’m skeptical. The guy is a psychopath.
The number one thing he could do to cut CO2 emissions is to shut down Amazon.

Forcing folks to buy local, rather than to have everything shipped from China?

Duh. :eusa_doh:

Thinking Bezos gives a shit about AGW? Oh good lord, the absolute logical disconnect in that idea. . . . :auiqs.jpg:

He knows that whole thing is a scam to reorganize global power.

Dude.

If I even hinted at all of the Patents that major international corporations and governments have bought up from brilliant inventors and purposely shelved for the explicit intention of holding the plebes and peasants in perpetual servitude, it would blow your mind away.

You should not automatically make the assumption that all the things that are available to be known, are going to be taught in Government Schools, published and disseminated in the Corporate media, or otherwise be easily made accessible on the internet, which, down to the quick, is actually part of the interlocking directorate of corporations, foundations, and government control.

If you have been paying attention over the course of the past forty odd years though, you would realize, we are now in a new scientific and technological dark age for the masses.

They only allow you to have access to technology that will make it easier for those in control, to make it easier to track and control you, distract and sedate you, or for you to be more productive and clean.

Otherwise? You don't get access to shit.

Don't think "Star Trek;" think "Brave New World," or "1984." :auiqs.jpg:

Just because you don't know about it? Doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Dude.

If I even hinted at all of the Patents that major international corporations and governments have bought up from brilliant inventors and purposely shelved for the explicit intention of holding the plebes and peasants in perpetual servitude, it would blow your mind away.

You should not automatically make the assumption that all the things that are available to be known, are going to be taught in Government Schools, published and disseminated in the Corporate media, or otherwise be easily made accessible on the internet, which, down to the quick, is actually part of the interlocking directorate of corporations, foundations, and government control.

If you have been paying attention over the course of the past forty odd years though, you would realize, we are now in a new scientific and technological dark age for the masses.

They only allow you to have access to technology that will make it easier for those in control, to make it easier to track and control you, distract and sedate you, or for you to be more productive and clean.

Agreed. I don’t think we know the half of it.

Dude.

Agreed. I don’t think we know the half of it.

Folks have all heard that story of how the elites went with Edison tech over Tesla tech for the public use.

. . . this is what we know. Are all people really so obtuse to think that was a one off? :dunno:

Hell, that was like what, a century ago?

Forum List

Back