Amazon Could Be Forced to Shed Assets Under Bill

This bill and others are the result of the 15 hearings on big tech.

It's a start but not the full solution to the monopolies that big tech have become.

Hopefully the republicans in the Senate won't filibuster and kill the bill.

It is an odd flex though. Private label products are not why these companies need to be broken apart.

If that's what it takes to break up the monopolies then I'm all for it.

Capitalism that isn't properly regulated only creates monopolies, destroys innovation, competition and economies.

Hopefully this will be only the beginning of breaking up the monopolies that never should have been allowed to happen in the first place.

It's a start but not the full solution to the monopolies that big tech have become.

Then it will likely have to pass muster in the courts. This could likely be declared unconstitutional by the courts.

It is an odd flex though. Private label products are not why these companies need to be broken apart.

Capitalism that isn't properly regulated only creates monopolies, destroys innovation, competition and economies.

Hopefully this will be only the beginning of breaking up the monopolies that never should have been allowed to happen in the first place.

All you are getting is a Pyrrhic victory though. It is like thinking tearing down a confederate statue really does something to help black people IMO. Their bread and butter isn't their private label items. Those are probably made by the same companies that make the name-brand items. Google and Apple only really exist because of the last effort to break up big tech zeroed in on Microsoft dominating markets. If you gave me the latest and greatest iphone I would just list it on ebay. I have never liked that company's walled garden.

The big tech companies are not monopolies. Just because they are large does not make them monopolies. They are large because people want to do business with them. The fact is that many of these companies have to innovate because in some instances they are competing against themselves. Apple is competing with their own iphones when they release a new one. Amazon's website is being updated and improved while competitors like Barnes and Noble are not innovating.

I suspect the majority of these bills will be declared unconstitutional by the courts. Thank god we have a Constitution. These bills are not about anti-trust. They are about revenge. Republicans hate tech companies because of the fantasy they are againt right wing Nazis. Democrats because they don't believe the tech companies go far enough.

Forum List

Back