always kind of odd when someone "with everything" takes his/her own life

nomadic5

Platinum Member
Nov 28, 2022

I didn't even know who this was but .. something popped up on my screen

It always disturbs me when people end their lives, no matter what they were struggling with, in this case bipolar depression. I had never even heard of that until now, heard of both but not together.

Many people go in and out of depression but most do not take their own lives. One thing that should help people to decide against such a route is this:

The true Catholic Church (which means: NOT the Vatican circa 2023) teaches that doing that is a mortal sin that will send you to Hell (unless...)

I don't know exactly what should come after that "unless..." but it has to do with another teaching of the CC, that no one can know w/ certainty WHERE some soul is after death. And if the person is not Catholic and does not KNOW it's a sin... there's that. Only God knows where a person is... and only He knows where that person is after death.

But me? I'm not taking a chance. Reliable sources say Hell is one nasty place.

I know this following may sound judgmental, but whenver this happens, I am always curious to know what his relationships looked like. I mean, there are people in this world who will drive you to it -- and then fake grief when it happens.

A person who has everything on their plate could have things on their plate that no one in their right mind would want in the first place.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

A person who has everything on their plate could have things on their plate that no one in their right mind would want in the first place.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I know. Again, only God knows a person. That thought can sometimes make you lonely because it is only normal to want another human (along w/ God) who cares... someone in the world to KNOW you and accept you as-is. But some of us have never known such a gift..

It is rare because most people love conditionally...

I'd say ALL of us... Only Jesus loves at all times and perfectly

:)

I guess it's true that success doesn't guarantee happiness

So why does the media always push this success stuff?

Yes, successes of all kinds are good, but if someone is miserable on the inside and... well, in the Christian view, we know demons are always attacking us, trying to get us to do destructive things.. .think painful thoughts.. feel this and that.. Some people don't have it in them to fight that.. which, again, leads me to promote what works for yours truly: the Church Christ established. I think Jesus knew (knows) how fragile we all are. He set up His Church to HELP us... too bad so many are not given this help... due in part to people who DESPISE that Church and work every day to destroy it. They tell others that Catholicism is bunk (or worse) and so people stay away... and then they may end up like this person

I didn't even know who this was but .. something popped up on my screen

It always disturbs me when people end their lives, no matter what they were struggling with, in this case bipolar depression. I had never even heard of that until now, heard of both but not together.

Many people go in and out of depression but most do not take their own lives. One thing that should help people to decide against such a route is this:

The true Catholic Church (which means: NOT the Vatican circa 2023) teaches that doing that is a mortal sin that will send you to Hell (unless...)

I don't know exactly what should come after that "unless..." but it has to do with another teaching of the CC, that no one can know w/ certainty WHERE some soul is after death. And if the person is not Catholic and does not KNOW it's a sin... there's that. Only God knows where a person is... and only He knows where that person is after death.

But me? I'm not taking a chance. Reliable sources say Hell is one nasty place.

I know this following may sound judgmental, but whenver this happens, I am always curious to know what his relationships looked like. I mean, there are people in this world who will drive you to it -- and then fake grief when it happens.
What reliable sources?

So patently nonsense that it borders on stupidity to ask intelligent people to even respond .
But you're not in that category of Intelligent People so you responded

LMAO

:auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back