Alright, here's your chance. Humans are NOT causing climate change. Change my mind...

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
20210427_205103.jpg

Here is the know record of our recorded temperatures taken from Ice Cores.

I fail to see ANY correlation between humans and climate. Furthermore as the chart shows there have been DRASTIC changes throughout human history that are far more dramatic than anything we're seeing today.

Go!

Climate Change is the snowflake term for WEATHER. For some reason they are stumped by it, and are completely unable to accept the logistics of how weather has always been a part of this planet and is forever changing.

------------------------------------------------------------------
If a redneck farts in the backwoods of Alabama.....

Does a mile long glacier fall off and melt from the polar ice caps??

View attachment 484693

I fail to see ANY correlation between humans and climate. Furthermore as the chart shows there have been DRASTIC changes throughout human history that are far more dramatic than anything we're seeing today.

Go!

Remarkable graph, gramps.

Its hard to believe, but now its documented, that the climate was actually warmer in the medieval warm period and other decades even BEFORE the SUV was invented.

Maybe the libs are all wet here?

So what exactly is Earth's ideal climate anyway?
Earth has been tropical to an ice world in a cyclical pattern for millions of years.
Do liberals believe we are at the pinnacle of perfection in the climate and must remain static because humans are too shortsighted to not build in flood prone areas?
Seriously, there is no damn calamity, some life and people will benefit, some won't.
When Lake Superior looks like this in winter...
20190222_180113.jpg

Instead of this...
20170114_125938.jpg

I will celebrate global warming with a Mai Tai on the beaches of Duluth.
So far I am disappointed with the rate of warming. :th_waiting:
I am sick of freezing my ass off.

View attachment 484693

Go!

Is that from ice cores, or a single ice core? I was trying to find the source of the chart and one of the first things I came across was this: Factcheck: What Greenland ice cores say about past and present climate change

I also found this: Ice Cores May Not Be Accurate Thermometers - Astrobiology Magazine

Which is accurate? :dunno: I'm not really trying to convince you of anything, just thought I'd provide some counter viewpoints from a quick search. I don't know if ice cores are an accurate measure of historic global temperatures, I don't know if the ice core(s) used in your chart are an accurate measure. Someone with more knowledge would probably be much better suited to really try to convince you that we are not only experiencing warming, but that humanity is causing it.

While I don't find the idea that humanity has/is contributing to a change in climate all that outlandish, I don't know that it's happening, nor the extent if it is.

• Banned
View attachment 484693

Go!

Is that from ice cores, or a single ice core? I was trying to find the source of the chart and one of the first things I came across was this: Factcheck: What Greenland ice cores say about past and present climate change

I also found this: Ice Cores May Not Be Accurate Thermometers - Astrobiology Magazine

Which is accurate? :dunno: I'm not really trying to convince you of anything, just thought I'd provide some counter viewpoints from a quick search. I don't know if ice cores are an accurate measure of historic global temperatures, I don't know if the ice core(s) used in your chart are an accurate measure. Someone with more knowledge would probably be much better suited to really try to convince you that we are not only experiencing warming, but that humanity is causing it.

While I don't find the idea that humanity has/is contributing to a change in climate all that outlandish, I don't know that it's happening, nor the extent if it is.
So let me get this straight. We've been using ice cores for decades but now suddenly they are bad?
You first link sets out to disprove the reliability of ice cores while in the same article admitting they are the best method currently available.
How the hell does that make sense?

Tell you what Grampa, why don't you see if you can change the minds of the tens of thousands of climate scientist around the world who are completely convinced that we are, because compared to their opinions, I don't really give two shits what you think.

View attachment 484693

Go!

So let me get this straight. We've been using ice cores for decades but now suddenly they are bad?
You first link sets out to disprove the reliability of ice cores while in the same article admitting they are the best method currently available.
How the hell does that make sense?

It's the second link that questions the accuracy of ice cores. ;) The first one seems to say that a single ice core isn't as good to use as a source as multiple ice cores, and also that ice cores cannot be used for more recent temperatures. :dunno:

As far as how it can make sense, just because something is the best available method doesn't automatically mean it's a good method.

And again, I don't know if these articles are compelling, with objective conclusions, or suffer from too much bias to trust. Kind of like I don't know if the chart you posted is something to trust.

Tell you what Grampa, why don't you see if you can change the minds of the tens of thousands of climate scientist around the world who are completely convinced that we are, because compared to their opinions, I don't really give two shits what you think.
So hostile lol.

I'm obviously not concerned with those who have been proven to be liars by fabricating documents. Otherwise this thread wouldn't exist.
If you don't care then why bother posting?

I care a great deal about things that matter. But you are one person whose mind was made up before you ever saw any facts. I doubt you or any of the deniers on this board would change their mind if their god told them in person that AGW was real. So there is no point in discussing things with you or the many other fools here. But there ARE people on this board who are actually on the sidelines; who ARE actually curious about the science and what it says; whose minds are open to critical, objective evaluation and learning. You're just not one of them.

Moisture sweeps in from the Atlantic onto the coastal areas of The Sahal raining down on the forests there ... the trees absorb this water, moves it up to the leaves where it is evaporated out into the air again (transpiration) which rain back out further inland ... providing water for the forests there ... wash, rinse, spin ... we have forests quite a ways inland ... this gives us a tropical savanna climate (Köppen class Aw/As) ...

About 50 years ago, humans cut down all the coastal forests ... the rain that fell there stayed and drained back into the ocean ... all the inland forests dried up and died causing a severe drought and mass starvation ... a hot semi-arid climate (Köppen class BSh) ...

We've replanted the coastal forests and today these trees are reaching maturity and the sure enough, the rains have returned inland ... bringing back the tropical savanna climate ...

Cause-and-effect going both ways ... this component of AGW Theory is fully demonstrated ... clear and convincing evidence that humans can change climate in a rather short period of time ...

I know this won't change your mind about the CO2 component of AGW Theory ... nor should it ... we don't know the numerical relationship between temperature and CO2 concentration ... and until we do establish this relationship, we are wise to be skeptical about CO2's roll in climate change ... the question remains unanswered: how much does CO2 effect temperature? ...

So what exactly is Earth's ideal climate anyway?
Earth has been tropical to an ice world in a cyclical pattern for millions of years.
Do liberals believe we are at the pinnacle of perfection in the climate and must remain static because humans are too shortsighted to not build in flood prone areas?
Seriously, there is no damn calamity, some life and people will benefit, some won't.
When Lake Superior looks like this in winter...
View attachment 484695
Instead of this...
View attachment 484696
I will celebrate global warming with a Mai Tai on the beaches of Duluth.
So far I am disappointed with the rate of warming. :th_waiting:
I am sick of freezing my ass off.
I hate fking cold. I'm right there with you. I'll toast to your Mai Tai when that is achieved.

About 50 years ago, humans cut down all the coastal forests ... the rain that fell there stayed and drained back into the ocean ... all the inland forests dried up and died causing a severe drought and mass starvation ... a hot semi-arid climate (Köppen class BSh) ...
but did the climate change?

Yes .. that's why I included the Köppen classifications ... this isn't a perfect system, but the problems with are well known and documented ... and the problems occur in the secondary and tertiary factors ... the primary divisions of climate (tropical, desert, temperate, polar and oceanic) are pretty rock solid ... and this is the change we witnessed in The Sahal ... rainy tropical to bone dry desert, and this occurred without a change in average temperature ... the Köppen system has very little reliance on temperature, thus generally rejected by the Alarmists ... it won't say what they need it to say ... best to ignore it completely ...

Yes .. that's why I included the Köppen classifications ... this isn't a perfect system, but the problems with are well known and documented ... and the problems occur in the secondary and tertiary factors ... the primary divisions of climate (tropical, desert, temperate, polar and oceanic) are pretty rock solid ... and this is the change we witnessed in The Sahal ... rainy tropical to bone dry desert, and this occurred without a change in average temperature ... the Köppen system has very little reliance on temperature, thus generally rejected by the Alarmists ... it won't say what they need it to say ... best to ignore it completely ...
except the climate didn't change. If it had, then adding trees wouldn't have done what you wrote. In fact, I'd say the tree itself is the most important element here. not man.

Forum List

Back