'Alone' on the History Channel Has A New Format

AveryJarhman

Gold Member
Jul 11, 2015
ny
'Alone' on the History Channel has a new format. Two men and a woman are dropped off in the Canadian Arctic with nothing more than the clothes on their back and a freshly harvested moose carcass provided by the show's producers.

Alone Screeshot Lindsay.png

Watching the first episode I've already fell in love with Lindsay, the female survivalist who eagerly went shoulder deep inside a moose cavity to remove its vital organs.

Frankly, I believe these folks are a little crazy, in that for no cash reward, they place themselves in all sorts of immediate danger, as well as risking potential future health issues.

Looking forward to another great season of people suffering for no legit reason, other than feeding their egos.

Peace ♥

We like the series a lot.
Watched them all streaming no commercials on Hulu and Amazon Prime.
Only problem I had was in Season 3 they gave considerable/obvious advantages to the one female participant Nicole. Her placement was right smack next to a salmon stream as she was catching more fish than she could possibly eat. I do not believe for a minute that this was not known to the shows producers.

Only problem I had was in Season 3 they gave considerable/obvious advantages to the one female participant Nicole. Her placement was right smack next to a salmon stream as she was catching more fish than she could possibly eat. I do not believe for a minute that this was not known to the shows producers.

All these shows are staged and scripted.

All these shows are staged and scripted.

Not so. Most reality shows are anything but reality.
These folks are literally alone. They have regular medical checkups, but other than that they are provided no food/assistance etc. If they need any medical assistance it means tapping out.
They are actually alone. The only "suspicious" thing is the contestants are usually less than 10 miles apart.
Rumors are abound that contestants met with each other and aided each other and formed an alliance to split winnings. History channel calls that ridiculous (which it is)

Hello, iamwhatiseem. Nicole, who tapped out TWICE on two different seasons should have never been a contestant.

First, she leaves season two because she misses her family, then during her Redemption on season five, she taps out due to serious health issues she had before becoming a contestant.

Health issues that required she maintain a strict specific diet to remain healthy.

I'm thinking the producers were aware she's all talk and drama, making her a good choice for their show.

I watch 43 minute commercial free episodes provided by one of many sites offering free downloads.

Now that Gold Rush White Water has ended, this show offers what I enjoy most, witnessing ppl compete against often unforgiving Mother Nature.

Peace.

Personally, I am a fan of Naked And Afraid. But I think they are all crazy for doing this. Especially not having clothes or shoes. Its rigged of course..but I still enjoy watching it.

Hello, iamwhatiseem. Nicole, who tapped out TWICE on two different seasons should have never been a contestant.

First, she leaves season two because she misses her family, then during her Redemption on season five, she taps out due to serious health issues she had before becoming a contestant.

Health issues that required she maintain a strict specific diet to remain healthy.

I'm thinking the producers were aware she's all talk and drama, making her a good choice for their show.

I watch 43 minute commercial free episodes provided by one of many sites offering free downloads.

Now that Gold Rush White Water has ended, this show offers what I enjoy most, witnessing ppl compete against often unforgiving Mother Nature.

Peace.
Yes, I have watched the first 5 seasons. And agree Nicole should have never been allowed to participate with her condition. My biggest gripe was it was obvious from the get-go she was given a HUGE advantage of being dropped literally 50 feet from the largest Salmon run on the Island.

Personally, I am a fan of Naked And Afraid. But I think they are all crazy for doing this. Especially not having clothes or shoes. Its rigged of course..but I still enjoy watching it.
We have never watched Naked. Seems to gimmicky to me,
Give it a try. I really like EJ Snyder. Dude battles thru it all, lol, and comes out winner. Some tap out immediately. Some have to tap out for medical reasons. One coupel was kicked off because they snuck into the producers tent and stole food.
Personally..I wouldn't do it even if I were younger. Staying in a boma with lions and hyenas sniffing around it, NAKED? Shoeless? Oh hell no.

My biggest gripe was it was obvious from the get-go she was given a HUGE advantage of being dropped literally 50 feet from the largest Salmon run on the Island.

Perhaps the producers believed giving Nicole a preferred location would extend her time on the show?

Anyways, if it wasn't Nicole, someone else would have ended up with the prime location she was given.

Hopefully she dropped her tough girl routine and for the sake of her family, makes more prudent decisions in the future.

Peace.

Personally..I wouldn't do it even if I were younger. Staying in a boma with lions and hyenas sniffing around it, NAKED? Shoeless? Oh hell no.

Gracie, can't argue with that logic. :lol:

Don't forget about the Louisianan who was bitten by a possible venomous snake.

Or the show producer who was actually bitten by a nasty snake and spent many months and surgeries recovering!

These folks are nuts!

Peace.

That show in particular, is heavily scripted, and absent realistic human behavior...

I have watched all 5 seasons of the show and really enjoy it... I dvr the program and watch at my convenience and cruise through the commercials...
My money this season is on the ole boy from Kentucky...

We have never watched Naked. Seems to gimmicky to me,
Give it a try. I really like EJ Snyder. Dude battles thru it all, lol, and comes out winner. Some tap out immediately. Some have to tap out for medical reasons. One coupel was kicked off because they snuck into the producers tent and stole food.
BTW - we did give Naked a try... and like it better than Alone.
Thanks for the tip

Watch Naked and Afraid XL. It has more detail, lol. Explanations, scenes not shown, etc.
My fav so far is Bulent. Dude cracks me up. Very dry humor/wit that most don't see and tweet he is horrible. No..he's funny as hell!!!

Forum List

Back