Almost twice as many Republicans than Democrats died of Covid, study says

Yes, in this thread. Now either try to refute the study showing more Republicans than Democrats die from covid by a rate of about 2-1 or put your big boy pants on and STFU. Seems to me you can't refute it so you're just trying to blow this thread up instead so it gets shut down.
Those numbers are a lie. The CDC has been witholding information. Here, let me post it again so a mod can delete it and claim its off topic...

I assume you will accept this source.

Thanks..was unaware of how much data is being held up. The reasons are obvious..they want people to vaxx..and fear that the younger ages will opt out.
I'm not in favor of this...all data should be released so people can make informed decisions.
Now, as to whether or not the data being held is specific to this topic..I doubt. But I get that once there's a suspicion..it's easy to blow off a study you don't like.
Here's a link that's not behind a paywall..for those who don't have a subscription:

Last edited:
Thanks..was unaware of how much data is being held up. The reasons are obvious..they want people to vaxx..and fear that the younger ages will opt out.
I'm not in favor of this...all data should be released so people can make informed decisions.
Do you think that maybe some of the pressure came from the drug companies who were raking in billions from selling the vaccines? Aside from that, dont you think its wrong to hide data in order to trick people into taking a vax that may or may not actually be harmful?

Last edited:
Do you think that maybe some of the pressure came from the drug companies who were raking in billions from selling the vaccines? Aside from that, dont you think its wrong to hide data in order to trick people into taking a vax that may or may not actually be harmful?
Nanny state at its worst, for sure. Of course, it does help that the vaccine did work, for most people. Nonetheless...I'd have presented it quite differently..a simple choice.

I don't think that big pharma is to blame in this case...more of an attitude of, "Let's not confuse their lil minds with this" on the part of the CDC.

Nanny state at its worst, for sure. Of course, it does help that the vaccine did work, for most people. Nonetheless...I'd have presented it quite differently..a simple choice.

I don't think that big pharma is to blame in this case...more of an attitude of, "Let's not confuse their lil minds with this" on the part of the CDC.
Have you been following the serious issues that may have been caused by the vaccine? Im vaxxed by the way, but im fucking pissed that they lied tremendously about the safety of the vaccines and their effectiveness.

It looks like if you had COVID but then got vaxxed, you were much worse off than never taking the vax. The vax may have wrecked the natural immumity that people had after getting COVID. It also appears that young people were better off without the vax.

...and then there are all these people dying from heart attacks. This vax doesnt look so great anymore.

They explain a lot in their article and they provide supplemental data with their full analytical scripts.

How is anyone supposed to convince you when you lack the fundamental knowledge to understand their methods?
You dont understand them and have said so in this thread. You're just willing to accept what they say is true because you believed what they are saying before reading the article. Please dont act like you didnt have a preconceived notion that the severity of the COVID pandemic in the US is in large part because of the evil Orange man and is nasty little followers.

You dont understand them and have said so in this thread. You're just willing to accept what they say is true because you believed what they are saying before reading the article. Please dont act like you didnt have a preconceived notion that the severity of the COVID pandemic in the US is in large part because of the evil Orange man and is nasty little followers.
I read the article. If you did read the article, you didn’t understand it.

That’s not the author’s fault.

Before you start criticizing their work, don’t you think you should at least understand what they did first?

I read the article. If you did read the article, you didn’t understand it.

That’s not the author’s fault.

Before you start criticizing their work, don’t you think you should at least understand what they did first?

So explain how they accounted for political leanings being skewed by age to not affect the outcomes in the study then. If you understand it and it's in the article explain it.

I'll wait. I wont hold my breath but I will wait.

So explain how they accounted for political leanings being skewed by age to not affect the outcomes in the study then. If you understand it and it's in the article explain it.

I'll wait. I wont hold my breath but I will wait.
I never said that I understand their model.

That doesnt mean they didn’t do it.

Moreover, the authors provided every piece of information you would need to see that they did account for it.

What is the basis for your skepticism?

Why are conservatives so worked up? She lived their dream… to die supporting Trump and their right to avoid medical precautions. Hero to the end.

6E7A3F44-0A6B-4F46-BD3F-77214CE952F5.jpeg

I never said that I understand their model.

That doesnt mean they didn’t do it.

Moreover, the authors provided every piece of information you would need to see that they did account for it.

What is the basis for your skepticism?

Because there are more obvious reasons for this difference that I've already stated.

For whatever reason we have throughout this whole ordeal ignored the reasons people were dying of COVID. Age, obesity, general health, smoking etc. People were castigated for even insinuating that being obese and generally unhealthy was likely the cause of poor outcomes with COVID (outside of being old that is). We cast aside the idea that taking vitamins, especially ones that boost your immune system (specifically C and D) as crazy and anyone offering that as a solution/remedy was a quack or spreading "misinformation". The only way to beat this thing was to hide in your house, wear a mask 24 hours a day and wait for a vaccine. To this day we are still recommending kids get vaccinated against a virus that essentially has no effect on them. Anyone under the age of 50 who gets vaccinated isnt paying attention. Certainly its madness to inject anyone under 18, unless there some other factor affecting that individual's immune system. We just don't know (because we cant know) the long term effects of this

Why do you blindly believe this article if you don't understand methodology?

For the record I would have been skeptical of it had it gone the other way and said being a D was a risk factor for dying of COVID if aged people trended toward Democrats as well. Not everything is political. In fact most things arent, we've just turned them into political issues unnecessarily.

Forum List

Back