All Violent Felony Antifa 2017 Trump Inauguration Protest Charges Dismissed, Peaceful J6 Protester Gets 15 Years

Fact: Proud Boys, 3%ers, Oath Keepers went there to riot. - proven in court of law.

They did not go there to peacefully protest. And many who followed their lead regret it, but they were not all 'non-violent' and that also was proven in a court of law.
I have ZERO problem with putting violent protesters of EITHER side of the political spectrum in prison, Dante! I have a major problem with putting a non-violent protester in prison for 15 YEARS because he's a Trump supporter while other violent protesters were released without bail or sentences because they support a liberal agenda. Do you think that's fair?

They were in jail pending charges and arraignment. What, you have a problem with the justice system? It let Trump out free to walk around and attempt to mess with the potential jury pool.
Explain why THOSE protesters languished in DC jails for years pending charges and arraignments while BLM and Antifa protesters were often back out on the street the same day without even posting bail? Why the double standard?

It's not my logic. It is the courts legal system.
I’m asking for your logic though, anyone can just report what happens. What we discuss is if it’s just.

You would advocate that J6 protestors should get 15-20 years in prison because they wanted to stop proceedings. Would you advocate the same for those who wanted to stop Kavanaughs nomination to the SCOTUS?
Who tried to interfere? Name please.
I don’t know their names. Why does it matter?

Many are still in jail, as you know.

How many cops were murdered by Summer of 2020 protestors.
The answer is we don't know, according to Bing AI search: "According to the FBI, 46 law enforcement officers were feloniously killed in the line of duty in 2020, an increase of 15 from the previous year. Of those, 11 officers were killed during the months of May, June and July, when protests against police brutality and racial injustice erupted across the country following the death of George Floyd. However, not all of these deaths were directly related to the protests, as some involved domestic violence incidents, traffic accidents or other circumstances. The FBI also reported that 67 officers died as a result of accidents and 264 officers died as a result of COVID-19 in 2020."

Explain why THOSE protesters languished in DC jails for years pending charges and arraignments while BLM and Antifa protesters were often back out on the street the same day without even posting bail? Why the double standard?
You have no point, Oldestyle. Both groups went to jail in large numbers and many are serving long terms. Good.

Act up in election year, and you can join them.

I’m asking for your logic though, anyone can just report what happens. What we discuss is if it’s just.

I will be glad to offer my logic after you give me a name so I can research if what they did should have been seditious conspiracy and, and if so, why the Trump administration was so weak on crime?

You would advocate that J6 protestors should get 15-20 years in prison because they wanted to stop proceedings. Would you advocate the same for those who wanted to stop Kavanaughs nomination to the SCOTUS?

They didn't get 15 to 20 years because they wanted to stop the proceedings.

Perhaps if you were actually familiar with the convictions you wouldn't expose your ignorance?

I don’t know their names. Why does it matter?

I have a major problem with putting a non-violent protester in prison for 15 YEARS because he's a Trump supporter
No one was harshly sentenced by a Judge, because they were a supporter of Mr. Trump.

If that were true, the grounds for appeal(s) would be shouted so loud. Sentences would be overturned. Some of the sentencing Judges supported Trump. :auiqs.jpg:

You have no point, Oldestyle. Both groups went to jail in large numbers and many are serving long terms. Good.

Act up in election year, and you can join them.
Name a single BLM or Antifa protester that was given a 15 year prison sentence for a non violent protest, John? Just for being THERE at a protest!

Act up and I can join them in prison? That's the kind of warning one would get in Russia, China or Cuba. Don't question the party in power or you will be jailed. Have we really gone that far? Or are you so "woke" that you can't see what it is that you've become?

Explain why THOSE protesters languished in DC jails for years pending charges and arraignments
The only people that fit this bill were violent rioters, not peaceful protesters. And who, how many were in jails for years?

You're regurgitating talking points not factual truths.

No one was harshly sentenced by a Judge, because they were a supporter of Mr. Trump.

If that were true, the grounds for appeal(s) would be shouted so loud. Sentences would be overturned. Some of the sentencing Judges supported Trump. :auiqs.jpg:
You don't think that 15 years in prison for a non violent protest is "harsh", Dante? We don't give people who commit manslaughter sentences that are that long! Come on...you KNOW this isn't right!

Name a single BLM or Antifa protester that was given a 15 year prison sentence for a non violent protest, John? Just for being THERE at a protest!

Act up and I can join them in prison? That's the kind of warning one would get in Russia, China or Cuba. Don't question the party in power or you will be jailed. Have we really gone that far? Or are you so "woke" that you can't see what it is that you've become?
Why? There is no "whataboutism" or "eguivalency". J6 was an attempt to overthrow the government.

If you try it again, the same thing will happen.

Name anyone you believe was given a '15 year prison sentence for a non violent protest,' and you'll have a serious discussion.

Name anyone who was actually given a '15 year prison sentence for a non violent protest.'

The only people that fit this bill were violent rioters, not peaceful protesters. And who, how many were in jails for years?

You're regurgitating talking points not factual truths.
I don't "regurgitate" anything, Dante! I'm simply pointing out how unjust this whole thing has become. People's lives are being destroyed because they got caught up in a protest that turned into a riot because security was so woefully inadequate. A non violent protester should not be going to prison. I'm sorry but that's an obscene over reaction.

Why? There is no "whataboutism" or "eguivalency". J6 was an attempt to overthrow the government.

Defenders of the insurrectionists want to conflate the issue linking the protest Trump spoke to, with those who marched to the Capitol and those who illegally entered the Capitol. Something the government hasn't even doe -- linked them all as being the same.

I don't "regurgitate" anything, Dante! I'm simply pointing out how unjust this whole thing has become. People's lives are being destroyed because they got caught up in a protest that turned into a riot because security was so woefully inadequate. A non violent protester should not be going to prison. I'm sorry but that's an obscene over reaction.
Name anyone you believe was given a '15 year prison sentence for a non violent protest,' and you'll have a serious discussion.

Name anyone who was actually given a '15 year prison sentence for a non violent protest.'

Name any non-violent protester(s) that went to prison, vs other punishment after a plea or being found guilty in a court of law..

You think a thousand unarmed protesters were going to "overthrow the government"? That was a protest to stop the certification of an election not to overthrow the government. Even making that claim is laughable.

The idea that everyone should see every bit of an investigation is nutty. But run with it. Oh you citizen journalists types are so amusing :rofl:
When you're trying to make the case that a politician supported by nearly half the country is guilty of sedition and treason, you should err on the side of transparency, for the very reason that you're going to be accused of false accusations and maybe even kick off the kind of violence you claim you're trying to prosecute if you only release damaging bits and pieces. That's just common sense for everyone not in the fever swamp.

Forum List

Back