All the movies you must see

IMG_20220718_011656685.jpg

I wrote a list of 100 movies on these note cards and then thoroughly shuffled them. Each time I am ready to see a movie I will draw the top card. When the card is showing a movie that is a series with many sequels I will reshuffle that card into the deck. One off movie cards will be removed. My game is that I reach the bottom of the deck before the end of the year. I will pin the movie posters up here for each film I watch.

It was a great movie until the cross dressing part. Turned it off. Drew the next card.

Last edited:
I made a list some months ago with about 250 movies that I must see and now I cant find the damn thing, so here I am trying to make a new list. What movies do I absolutely need to see if I haven't seen them yet? I like action comedy and scifi but I am willing to give most any film a good chance.

My top 10...

1. Armageddon
2. The Fifth Element
3. Titanic
4. Terminator
5. Back to the Future
6. The Rock
7. Die Hard
8. Scarface
9. Braveheart
10. Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

I made a list some months ago with about 250 movies that I must see and now I cant find the damn thing, so here I am trying to make a new list. What movies do I absolutely need to see if I haven't seen them yet? I like action comedy and scifi but I am willing to give most any film a good chance.
I'll give you a short list of my favorites off the top of my head..... most came out before 2000....
My Blue Heaven and The Jerk --Steve Martin
Cast Away-- Tom Hanks
Risky Business( because it has Rebecca De Mornay in it)
Wall Street 1 and 2( a very good gauge on what the economy has done over the last 40 years) Michael Douglas is one of the 10 best actors ever in my opinion.
Rainman- Dustin Hoffman is brilliant as always.
Every Jim Carrey movie between ' Earth Girls Are Easy' and Liar Liar. ( Jim Carrey may be the only one I forgive for having Trump derangement syndrome)
The Other Guys (maybe Will Ferrell's best )
The Italian Job
Night at the Museum
Trading Places
Training Day
Monty Python search for the Holy Grail and Life of Brian
Up in Smoke
Crocodile Dundee 1 and 2
Back to the Future
Top Gun
Ghost ( before Whoopi Goldberg lost her mind)
Throw Momma from the Train
( an underrated comedy with a lot of Hitchcock twists directed by Danny DeVito)

Last edited:
My top 10...

1. Armageddon
2. The Fifth Element
3. Titanic
4. Terminator
5. Back to the Future
6. The Rock
7. Die Hard
8. Scarface
9. Braveheart
10. Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
Titanic sucks. Marxist indoctrination for dimwitted adolescent girls. Every character is trite.
Agree with Back to the Future and Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Last edited:
Whenever I see a list of the top 100 movies or whatever made by film critics, they're never ones I want to see. I have no interest in 'culturally significant' (aka promotes leftwing values) films. Citizen Kane was rated by People Magazine as the best of all time. Huh? Some Like it Hot is routinely rated as one of the greatest comedies. I saw it awhile ago. It was average. But it was rated so highly because of the homo reference at the end. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Same thing. A weird perverse film, but so lauded by the 'experts'. Well, the 'experts' are full of crap. They're twisted leftwingers.
Well, I'm going to tell it to you the way I can but can't truly give you a full rundown on why Cuckoos Nest is a classic. Put it this way, Jack wasn't nuts, he was bad man. His captors locked him in a trap that he could only lose in, there was no hope for him but he knew that and the made the most of his quickly depleting time and gave all his new friends the best of their miserable lives. And after the end of the movie all they could do is remember how he used to be and how much he did for them. They were in the same trap as him. A true classic.

The Game
R-Point
Back to the Future (1-3)
Leon: the professional
The Prestige (I think, don't really remember, I remember thinking it was good)
Cinema Paradiso
Memento
The Others
Apocalypse Now
Full Metal Jacket
Memphis Belle
American Beauty
Tory Story
Inglourious Basterds
Good Will Hunting
Indiana Jones (1-3)
The Wolf of Wall Street
The Truman Show
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
The Life of Brian
The Deer Hunter
The Grand Budapest Hotel
Dead Poets' Society
Blood Diamond
Stand by Me

Many haven't seen R-Point, it's Korean, well worth watching.

Forum List

Back