Alito orders Pennsylvania to respond in case asking Supreme Court to halt enforcement of stay-at-home order

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
shit has officially gotten real folks

on the left, we have people claiming that those that want to open are RACIST

on the right, people are pushing to preserve Constitutional rights

having an advantage on SCOTUS, THIS is why I voted to MAGA

Alito, who handles emergency requests such as this one for the Third Circuit, which encompasses Pennsylvania, found those arguments convincing enough to order that Pennsylvania respond with a defense of Wolf's order by Monday.

SCOTUS will not touch this one with a ten foot pole

They don’t want to decide on public safety

They better not unless they want to chance riots by majorities and packing the Court. States have police powers. Stay at home orders dampen the virus, and there's no other treatment. End of the Trumpsuckers argument.

They better not unless they want to chance riots by majorities and packing the Court. States have police powers. Stay at home orders dampen the virus, and there's no other treatment. End of the Trumpsuckers argument.
Hey benny. While I am no fan of Gov Wolf he seems to be doing things on a step by step basis. We are going to have partial openings starting May 1 and go on a week to week basis from there. Philly and Pittsburgh will be the last 2 areas opened up most likely. But some people in the central part of PA are getting restless, they have not had nearly as many cases as Philly/Pittsburgh. That is where the law suit originated.

Baaaaaaaa

How many people have to lose everything before you scum are happy with your fake crap?

Alito, who handles emergency requests such as this one for the Third Circuit, which encompasses Pennsylvania, found those arguments convincing enough to order that Pennsylvania respond with a defense of Wolf's order by Monday.
It's going to be a BUSY weekend for the state of Pennsylvania.

Even the arch Constitutionalists will not side against fighting an epidemic

How many people have to lose everything before you scum are happy with your fake crap?

More than 60,000 have already lost their lives. That's my definition of "losing everything". When people stop dying, we'll talk about your economy.

Perhaps if you had voted for competence in your President, you wouldn't be in this situation. You voted for incompetence and chaos, so you got what you wanted. You knew that Trump had pushed 7 companies into bankruptcy, and presided over more law suits and business failures than any American in history and you chose to ignore all of that.

Quit your bitching. You did this to yourselves.

More than 60,000 have already lost their lives. That's my definition of "losing everything". When people stop dying, we'll talk about your economy.

Perhaps if you had voted for competence in your President, you wouldn't be in this situation. You voted for incompetence and chaos, so you got what you wanted. You knew that Trump had pushed 7 companies into bankruptcy, and presided over more law suits and business failures than any American in history and you chose to ignore all of that.

I am not complaining about Trump. Better Trump than the Hildebeast or Bubble Brain Biden or that nutty AOC crowd in the house.

It ain't too real. He just told them to respond by sometime Monday. He didn't decide anything, because he can't. I can't see Supreme Court granting an injunction without hearing arguments. This could take weeks, if the Supreme Court decides to take over responsibility for deciding how the state should fight the epidemic, and I don't see it happening.

People are never going to stop dying. We now see dictatorial authoritarian local and state officials throwing down orders. The true roots of these worthless politicians is now out there for everyone to see.

I am not complaining about Trump. Better Trump than the Hildebeast or Bubble Brain Biden or that nutty AOC crowd in the house.
Can I interest you in a disinfectant injection?

Still trying to play card? LOL. Save it for yourself if you want.

Still trying to play card? LOL. Save it for yourself if you want.
Show us how much you trust Trumps leadership

Take a disinfectant injection

Hey benny. While I am no fan of Gov Wolf he seems to be doing things on a step by step basis. We are going to have partial openings starting May 1 and go on a week to week basis from there. Philly and Pittsburgh will be the last 2 areas opened up most likely. But some people in the central part of PA are getting restless, they have not had nearly as many cases as Philly/Pittsburgh. That is where the law suit originated.
the place where my kid works in Univ of Pa hospital has clients who are struggling to just find food. These are not the usual poor. Some laid off. Some can't find food in urban areas with bodegas. Some don't have private transport. Some can't leave kids at home. It's incredibly sad. I dunno but they're gonna have to do something.

Here in Miss, the rural areas are beginning to see new case #s level off. The new governor was a trump clone, but he's really done a good job, although his base voters are not happy. We have take out and delivery, and retail stores were allowed to partially open last week. I think maybe in two weeks (best case) restaurants can open part time.

But the federal courts just don't have any place in a dispute over a State's police power …. unless state court's have just allowed totally unnecessary stuff to go on. People are really suffering trying to stem this thing, and I don't find it all amusing when a bunch of cammo cowboys or Hasidic Jews think they have more rights than other people, who are just trying to stay alive.

The chicken and pork processing never stopped. LOL

PS, I'm glad you are well Eagle. And my wife and kid are crawling out of their skins, although my kid has zero interest in face to face contact with her clients right now.

I'm the only "essential" one of my three "essential" coworkers not totally working from home, and I've got a laptop to start in before 6am. But one of them is three months pregnant and has two under 7 at home now, and the other one has a person with lupus in their household. So, I'm just being grateful that I don't have face to face contact, and very sad about people who are truly suffering with shelter orders. And suffering doesn't equate with not being able to go anywhere people want to go. And I think of the nurses who really didn't consider they'd be asked to deal with an untreatable virus without protective gear.

But imo the super majorities who are complying with public health folks make up for the selfish whiners.

Alito has ordered Pennsylvania to respond. It seems like SCOTUS has a ten foot pole tucked away.

The people of the state are asking for emergency protection from the tyrannical democrat leadership of the state. SCOTUS is the last best hope before the people take matters into their own hands.

End of the Trumpsuckers argument.

Its not the end at all

this is a republic and individual citizens have rights too

we went along with the shutdown order for six weeks

now its time to reopen and go back to work

Forum List

Back