Alex Jones Ordered To Pay $4.1 Million In Compensatory Damages. Punitive Damage Amount To Come Tomorrow. Bad Week For Conservatives Only Gets Worse

Just $4 million? A guy who recklessly lied about a shooting thereby adding needless pain and suffering to parents who lost their children?
Why are you moonbats such emo-mewling quims? Jones expressing an opinion didn't add pain or suffering to anyone.

Why are you moonbats such emo-mewling quims? Jones expressing an opinion didn't add pain or suffering to anyone.

Jones' opinions didn't bother me one bit. If those parents didn't like what he believed, they should have just stopped reading and listening to him.

This is all just one more thinly veiled conservative witch hunt.

See the source image

Seems to me Jones is getting the raw deal here, first betrayed and back-stabbed by his own attorney, then vilified for his crazy views just because screwing HIM to the wall over nothing will make a lot of parents and the SH community feel a lot better and less guilty about a ten year old event which they themselves caused and have probably done nothing since to prevent from happening again.

Jones is going to appeal, get a new trial and never pay 4 million dollars.

And yet you still can't say! How did the opinions of some boob on the internet cause harm to one hair on the head of a Sandy Hook parent?

And if THAT is worth millions, then they ought to get BILLIONS of dollars from suing the progs who created the gun free zone policies at Sandy Hook that actually caused the murder of their kids!
Who can put a price on emotional harm?

InfoWars conspiracy theorist Alex Jones was ordered by a Texas jury to pay $4 million in compensatory damages for defaming Sandy Hook parents Scarlett Lewis and Neil Heslin. The jury in the case was tasked on Thursday with determining compensatory damages for the direct harm the family suffered and awarded a little more than $4 million.

On Friday, the jury will discuss the amount of punitive damages, which is designed to punish Jones to prevent further harm.

This will be thrown out on appeal.

So then he really didn't have any free speech? I'm sorry, I just don't follow Jones or care much about ten year old school shootings, but shouldn't the onus be on the SCHOOL and the SHOOTER who actually committed the crimes and allowed them to happen by having nothing in place to protect the kids?

Their kids were murdered at school and they are suffering "emotional distress" because some internet jock got some bug up his ass that the SH shootings were made up?

If that is the case then I'm owed several TRILLION dollars for all of the emotional distress caused me over the years, most of it from the state and federal government!
Well, the shooter didn't have deep pockets so they went after Jones.

Last edited:
Why do you spend so much time on a court case that has no bearing on anything other than those directly involved in the case? Maybe you haven't noticed but your President Potato is destroying the country, that's a lot more significant.
They want to link Jones to conservatives and Trump. Don't forget, Jones was there in DC on Jan 6th but, he can be seen telling the crowd to disassemble and move to another legally approved venue outside the Capitol. Guess Miss Piggy couldn't get him on that.

Just $4 million? A guy who recklessly lied about a shooting thereby adding needless pain and suffering to parents who lost their children? I would have added at least a couple of 0s to that figure.

But, what does it say about right-wing nut jobs who listen and believe this creep? The same idiots who claim long and loud how much they care about kids?
I hope that this is the tip of the iceberg in lawsuits for libel against these right wing whack jobs that sell these lies, like "the election was stolen" crap. Let's hope that the punitive damages puts Alex Jones and his network out of business forever. What he did to those parents is unconscionable and he should pay dearly.

Who can put a price on emotional harm?

No one. You can't see, feel, hear or touch it, just take someone's word that it happened. Most of all, it is the NATURE of emotions that they be occasionally harmed because that is how our emotions are strengthened and heal.

4 million dollars can no more "heal" someone's emotional slight than a brand new Rolls Royce Silver Shadow can. Will that make up for the death of their kids gunned downed by a Connecticut school who failed to take proper precautions to safeguard the kids? How much has the school been fined?

Reminds me of all the idiots who donated to BLM-- -- it didn't do SQUAT to change a single thing about police or race relations, in fact, it just got a lot more people killed by the fragrant rise in CRIME, but now a handful of BLM execs are now living high on the hog in million dollars mansions.

I hope that this is the tip of the iceberg in lawsuits for libel against these right wing whack jobs that sell these lies, like "the election was stolen" crap. Let's hope that the punitive damages puts Alex Jones and his network out of business forever. What he did to those parents is unconscionable and he should pay dearly.
Good, now we can start suing CNN, MSNBC, Daily Kos, NBC, CBS, ABC, NPR, and all the main stream legacy media for lying about the 2016 election for 4 years.

Maybe this explains a lot. From Wikipedia:

Jones was born on February 11, 1974,[43][44] in Dallas, Texas, and was raised in the suburb of Rockwall. His father was a dentist[45] and his mother was a homemaker.[46] He is of Irish, German, Welsh, English, and Comanche descent.[47][48] The family moved to Austin in 1991. He attended Anderson High School, where he played football and graduated in 1993.[46] After graduating, Jones briefly attended Austin Community College before dropping out.[49]

Jones was born on February 11, 1974,[43][44] in Dallas, Texas, and was raised in the suburb of Rockwall. His father was a dentist[45] and his mother was a homemaker.[46] He is of Irish, German, Welsh, English, and Comanche descent.[47][48] The family moved to Austin in 1991. He attended Anderson High School, where he played football and graduated in 1993.[46] After graduating, Jones briefly attended Austin Community College before dropping out.[49]
Yet he has followers / listeners......mind boggling.

So what?

Good, now we can start suing CNN, MSNBC, Daily Kos, NBC, CBS, ABC, NPR, and all the main stream legacy media for lying about the 2016 election for 4 years.
Do you mean like the cases that the pillow guy and the kracken lady tried to bring and were thrown out, nay laughed out of court? LOL

But, sure. Go ahead. Bring as many cases as you want against all the networks. Let's see how that goes down. :auiqs.jpg:

Forum List

Back