Alabama to castrate child sex offenders.

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost

Alabama has made a decision to stand strong against convicted child molesters. Because most Americans agree that criminals who steal the innocence of children are among the worst of the worst, Alabama has decided to pass a chemical castration bill that would forever change any person convicted of an abhorrent sex crime against a child under the age of thirteen, which is a measure approved by most people across the state.

State Representative Steve Hurst, a Republican, introduced the bill. It was passed by the state legislature and was recently signed into law by Governor Kay Ivey. Because the state wants to make it abundantly clear that child molesters are not welcome, the law now requires that any child sex offenders over the age of 21 will be chemically castrated before they leave prison and entered society again.

“They have marked this child for life, and the punishment should fit the crime,” Hurst said.

ALL states should do this. It would put a HUGE dent in the child trafficking problem. Can't/won't sexually abuse children or anyone else if they can't get "satisfaction", now can they?

Alabama has made a decision to stand strong against convicted child molesters. Because most Americans agree that criminals who steal the innocence of children are among the worst of the worst, Alabama has decided to pass a chemical castration bill that would forever change any person convicted of an abhorrent sex crime against a child under the age of thirteen, which is a measure approved by most people across the state.

State Representative Steve Hurst, a Republican, introduced the bill. It was passed by the state legislature and was recently signed into law by Governor Kay Ivey. Because the state wants to make it abundantly clear that child molesters are not welcome, the law now requires that any child sex offenders over the age of 21 will be chemically castrated before they leave prison and entered society again.

“They have marked this child for life, and the punishment should fit the crime,” Hurst said.

ALL states should do this. It would put a HUGE dent in the child trafficking problem. Can't/won't sexually abuse children or anyone else if they can't get "satisfaction", now can they?
What do you think we should do to a group that promotes murdering them?

Insane and sick.

Agree...
Child molesters are truly "insane and sick"...

Agree. But I was talking about Alabama. Not that I needed it but it does give the rest of us another reason to avoid the state at all costs.

Not that I needed it but it does give the rest of us another reason to avoid the state at all costs.

I imagine about 99.9% of men wouldn't have to worry about avoiding Alabama.

Agree. But I was talking about Alabama. Not that I needed it but it does give the rest of us another reason to avoid the state at all costs.

Oh I have read enough of your jibber jabber to know your were not speaking of the individuals responsible for such crimes... And I would bet the farm that not one Alabamian is losing any sleep because you are to pretentious to even set foot in their wonderful home...

Man, some people's children?

I don't think I like this. They need to consider maybe chemical castration. Physical castration is irreversible physical mutilation that won't actually stop a person's desire or ability to molest kids, could even raise it to acts of violence instead. Besides, if done, we should send them a bill for the free transgender operation.

How about tattooing their forehead with PEDOPHILE instead.

I thuoght the report said chemical castration? Regardless....remove the offending body part. For women who are pervs? Well...only solution I can think of for them is the tattoo. But what if they wear a hat or bangs? Nah. Kill 'em. That'll suffice.

What do you think we should do to a group that promotes murdering them?
Huh?

Insane and sick.

Agree...

Not that I needed it but it does give the rest of us another reason to avoid the state at all costs.

Its not something to worry about....its just a choice; because of stupid things they do like this.

Oh I have read enough of your jibber jabber to know your were not speaking of the individuals responsible for such crimes... And I would bet the farm that not one Alabamian is losing any sleep because you are to pretentious to even set foot in their wonderful home...

Man, some people's children?

Good to see you're hanging on every word I write.

Does that mean Biden won't be campaigning in Alabama or just that he'll have a higher pitch voice when doing a speech?

I think they should be locked up for life. No parole, put them on a desert island along with all the rapist.

Good to see you're hanging on every word I write.

You betcha...

1597223211136.png

Recidivism rates are high for kiddie rapers; this essay makes a coupple of good points about the numbers:

he vast majority of sex offenses are never reported. For instance, the National Women's Study surveyed a representative sample of over 4,000 adult women in the United States . Three hundred forty-one (8.5%) of these women were victims of at least one rape prior to the age of 18; however, only 11.9% of these women reported the rape to authorities (Hanson et al., 1990). And it must be remembered, of the few offenses reported, an even smaller number result in convictions.

The problem with using recidivism rates to determine the rate of reoffending is readily apparent when considering the following example. If 100% of released molesters reoffended, but the rate of reporting is only 12%, and the conviction rate is half of this, than the recidivism rate would be reported as only 6%!

Prentky et al. (1997) examined recidivism rates on 115 child molesters and concluded that: (1) child molesters remain at risk to reoffend long after their discharge, in some cases 15-20 years after discharge; (2) there is a marked underestimation of recidivism rates.

Chemical castration greatly reduces recidivism rates but not by 100%, so they still shouldn't be trusted around kids.

Insane and sick.

Agree...

Its not something to worry about....its just a choice; because of stupid things they do like this.

Stupid?

"Within 3 years following their release, 5.3% of sex offenders (men who had committed rape or sexual assault) were rearrested for another sex crime.

On average the 9,691 sex offenders served 3 1/2 years of their 8-year sentence.

Compared to non-sex offenders released from State prisons, released sex offenders were 4 times more likely to be rearrested for a sex crime.

The 9,691 released sex offenders included 4,295 men who were in prison for child molesting."

'Chemical' castration is being nice to them, IMO, and safer for the children.

Forum List

Back