Alabama Storms took my Mother and Aunt - Updated

I'm so sorry for your loss, Mini. My heart goes out to you and the horrible devastation the people in the area must be experiencing. It was hard for me to get excited about the Royal Wedding and all its glitter this morning, when there has been so much sorrow simultaneously.

Hang tough.

Mini, I am warmed for you and your family that you were able to verbally express your love for them as they absorbed those precious words before they left this earth. I am so sorry for your tremendous loss.

"Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal."

Aqua~

I am sorry for your loss and the other losses in the region. Hopefully, our nation can come together as a result of this and not be further divided as we were in other disasters.

There aren't word adequate enough to express the sorrow we feel at times like this. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful faith Mini, and I know knowing your loved ones are in a better place sustains you through the sense of loss and missing them. Prayers for you and yours.

Mini,

As has been said a few dozen times here already there are no words. It's a horrible situation and there is no easy way to get through what you now have to go through. But take some comfort in know that people do genuinely understand and care. I just lost my mother too, so I really know what you are feeling right now.

I have not been posting lately, and may not again soon, but I wanted to pass along some sad news for those who can see through my acerbic board persona to the human being living inside (maybe just strollingbones, uscitizen, madeline, and a couple of others?)

The Southernmost storm that ripped through Lake Martin, Eclectic, and Dadeville, Alabama on Wednesday night took direct aim at the family cabin on Lake Martin. I was on the road about 3 hours away when I saw the storm building on radar at around 8:30. I called my mother and her sister (both in their 70's) to inform them they needed to get in the center of the house until the storm had passed. I told them I loved them, and to call me as soon as the storm had passed.

We recovered mom's body around 3am Thursday morning, and finally located my aunt's body beneath the rubble of what once was the 100 year old cabin around 10 the next day. Everything was a total loss, but I find solace in the fact that they went out together, in the place they loved most, in an instant with no suffering.

God has surrounded me with friends and family, and I am confident the two 70 year-old women are 6 again, and playing in the yard in heaven....maybe flirting with their husbands again, and smiling down on all of us, waiting patiently to see us again.

Sometimes God's love hurts deeply, but that's how I know it is true love.

So sorry to hear of your loss.

May the love they had for you always stay with you.

I have not been posting lately, and may not again soon, but I wanted to pass along some sad news for those who can see through my acerbic board persona to the human being living inside (maybe just strollingbones, uscitizen, madeline, and a couple of others?)

The Southernmost storm that ripped through Lake Martin, Eclectic, and Dadeville, Alabama on Wednesday night took direct aim at the family cabin on Lake Martin. I was on the road about 3 hours away when I saw the storm building on radar at around 8:30. I called my mother and her sister (both in their 70's) to inform them they needed to get in the center of the house until the storm had passed. I told them I loved them, and to call me as soon as the storm had passed.

We recovered mom's body around 3am Thursday morning, and finally located my aunt's body beneath the rubble of what once was the 100 year old cabin around 10 the next day. Everything was a total loss, but I find solace in the fact that they went out together, in the place they loved most, in an instant with no suffering.

God has surrounded me with friends and family, and I am confident the two 70 year-old women are 6 again, and playing in the yard in heaven....maybe flirting with their husbands again, and smiling down on all of us, waiting patiently to see us again.

You have my condolences. I and some of my friends have family in AL as well that we have not heard from.

DAMN! So sorry guy. Hang in there. I just do not know what to say, but sending positive thoughts and care your way.

Forum List

Back