Al Gore Team Eyeing 2016 Run: Report

You'd think Democrats could find someone other than a bunch of old white people to run for their party's nomination.

Republicans aren't running any spring chickens either. Marco Rubio is probably the youngest and he is 44. Trump will be 70 by the time the convention rolls around, the only black person is Ben Carson and he will be 65.

Let's see, you have a black candidate, two Hispanics, and an Indian. Democrats have a diverse field of .....

old white people.......

If Hillary is out as right wing media is broadcasting, that will leave the field wide open for fresh blood don't you think? You'll still be stuck with a Doctor who experimented on 17 week old fetuses, a Hispanic who is so far right on abortion that if he doesn't modify his stance will knock himself out of the race, another Hispanic who just learned to put down his spoon for a fork and is only receptive to 30% of Republican voters and an Indian who hasn't answered any question about the condition his state is in while he is running for president. If I'm right that leaves a bunch of old white people running for president as Republicans.

Nice try.......

A black doctor.......

A hispanic......

I think that was his point.

Sorry, you can't face the truth.

You'd think Democrats could find someone other than a bunch of old white people to run for their party's nomination.

Republicans aren't running any spring chickens either. Marco Rubio is probably the youngest and he is 44. Trump will be 70 by the time the convention rolls around, the only black person is Ben Carson and he will be 65.

Let's see, you have a black candidate, two Hispanics, and an Indian. Democrats have a diverse field of .....

old white people.......

If Hillary is out as right wing media is broadcasting, that will leave the field wide open for fresh blood don't you think? You'll still be stuck with a Doctor who experimented on 17 week old fetuses, a Hispanic who is so far right on abortion that if he doesn't modify his stance will knock himself out of the race, another Hispanic who just learned to put down his spoon for a fork and is only receptive to 30% of Republican voters and an Indian who hasn't answered any question about the condition his state is in while he is running for president. If I'm right that leaves a bunch of old white people running for president as Republicans.

Nice try.......

A black doctor.......

A hispanic......

Right, well next time, get a minority nominee that has a chance of being nominated.

old white people.......

Nice try.......

A black doctor.......

A hispanic......

Right, well next time, get a minority nominee that has a chance of being nominated.

They have a "chance".

BTW: I am not getting anything. I am simply looking at posts that seek to deflect salient points and calling you on it.

Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump were given "No Chance" three months ago.

old white people.......

Nice try.......

A black doctor.......

A hispanic......

Now Carson is saying the experimentation on 17 week old fetuses is a garbage claim.

Did Al Gore claim he invented the Internet? No, he did not.

Despite the derisive references that continue even today, former Vice-President Al Gore never claimed that he "invented" the Internet, nor did he say anything that could reasonably be interpreted that way. The "Al Gore said he 'invented' the Internet" put-downs were misleading, out-of-context distortions of something he said during an interview with Wolf Blitzer on CNN's "Late Edition" program on 9 March 1999. When asked to describe what distinguished him from his challenger for the Democratic presidential nomination, Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey, Gore replied (in part):

During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system.​

Although Vice-President Gore's phrasing might have been a bit clumsy (and perhaps self-serving), he was not claiming that he "invented" the Internet in the sense of having designed or implemented it, but rather that he was responsible, in an economic and legislative sense, for fostering the development the technology that we now know as the Internet. To claim that Gore was seriously trying to take credit for the "invention" of the Internet is, frankly, just silly political posturing that arose out of a close presidential campaign. Gore never used the word "invent," and the words "create" and "invent" have distinctly different meanings: the former is used in the sense of "to bring about" or "to bring into existence" while the latter is generally used to signify the first instance of someone's thinking up or implementing an idea.

Read more at snopes.com: Did Al Gore Claim He Invented the Internet?

Well, there you have it folks. Another NaziCon lie debunked. You're welcome.

"I took the initiative in creating the Internet." Means nothing, but a comedienne dressed up like a politician saying she could see Russia from her house means the politician is an idiot. OK! I don't see any irony there either

Did Al Gore claim he invented the Internet? No, he did not.

Despite the derisive references that continue even today, former Vice-President Al Gore never claimed that he "invented" the Internet, nor did he say anything that could reasonably be interpreted that way. The "Al Gore said he 'invented' the Internet" put-downs were misleading, out-of-context distortions of something he said during an interview with Wolf Blitzer on CNN's "Late Edition" program on 9 March 1999. When asked to describe what distinguished him from his challenger for the Democratic presidential nomination, Senator Bill Bradley of New Jersey, Gore replied (in part):

During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system.​

Although Vice-President Gore's phrasing might have been a bit clumsy (and perhaps self-serving), he was not claiming that he "invented" the Internet in the sense of having designed or implemented it, but rather that he was responsible, in an economic and legislative sense, for fostering the development the technology that we now know as the Internet. To claim that Gore was seriously trying to take credit for the "invention" of the Internet is, frankly, just silly political posturing that arose out of a close presidential campaign. Gore never used the word "invent," and the words "create" and "invent" have distinctly different meanings: the former is used in the sense of "to bring about" or "to bring into existence" while the latter is generally used to signify the first instance of someone's thinking up or implementing an idea.

Read more at snopes.com: Did Al Gore Claim He Invented the Internet?

Well, there you have it folks. Another NaziCon lie debunked. You're welcome.

"I took the initiative in creating the Internet." Means nothing, but a comedienne dressed up like a politician saying she could see Russia from her house means the politician is an idiot. OK! I don't see any irony there either

You don't?

Al Gore?????? I've been laughing at this all day long. Bring it Al baby before the earth reaches 2000 degrees BUUUUUUAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Forum List

Back