AGW is a driver in mass extinction events

Golleeee... I missed that. Where did I post proof that man was not responsible for global warming?
By posting warming events before man existed, of course.

Everyone agrees that the climate is changing. Smart people KNOW that the planet goes through warming periods -- you posted some yourself - which makes global warming a natural phenomena.

Welcome to the club.

buh-bye now.

Golleeee... I missed that. Where did I post proof that man was not responsible for global warming?
By posting warming events before man existed, of course.

Everyone agrees that the climate is changing. Smart people KNOW that the planet goes through warming periods -- you posted some yourself - which makes global warming a natural phenomena.

Welcome to the club.

buh-bye now.
He obviously has some sort of financial benefit in getting others to agree to spend trillions on a natural occurrence.

upload_2019-4-1_12-5-43.png

1. Time runs from left to right (millions of years ago). Vertical axis is percent of species lost.
  2. Periods are coloured as per the Paris system - see w:Template period color for full explanation
  3. Text removed so wikilinks can be floated over. See w:Template:Annotated image/Extinction for implementation.
  4. Cubic polynomial removed as this doesn't convey any useful information and is mainly an artefact.
  5. The caption on the original file is: Marine Genus Biodiversity: Extinction Intensity

An analogy from poster Mamooth

If warming taking place before man could have caused it shows that man cannot have caused the current warming, then humans never cause forest fires.

Can you follow the logic there?

Hmm... how about: It takes money to relocate your entire population and, by a huge margin, their primary income is tourist dollars.

And you wanna bet whether or not those new airports are taking rising sea levels into account?

Sure don't look like 3 to 6ft of SLRise was taken into account in the picture -- does it? And their economy aint gonna be worth shit -- from tourists or otherwise it they don't stop the erosion and start planning for more sustainable building there..

You got several islands there within a couple hours by boat.. They really NEED an airport on each of them THAT TAKES UP 40% of the AVAILABLE LAND???

The zoning board must be on crack.....

If warming taking place before man could have caused it shows that man cannot have caused the current warming, then humans never cause forest fires.

Do you realize you have an issue with scale so that analogy fails?

Additionally, who says there were no forest fires before man? If man burned down ALL the forests, you may have a point. But you don't.

Hey Crick .. I'm not busting on you for no reason.. We both consider ourselves ardent environmentalists, but you're not thinking like one wrt to all those Maldive airports.. So I'm gonna try and focus you here on the enviro nightmare they caused with that picture I posted..

Lemme prompt your instincts here.. We have an argument in this country over rainwater disposal.. Many places have now put in "rain tax" that measures the amount of CONCRETE AND ASPHALT on you property and boosts your water/sewage bill to account for the proper "run-off" and water treatment control...

Massive amounts of paving and impermeable land promote MASSIVE erosion and drainage problems.. If you lived on island that was shifting it's shores and subsiding and subject to tropical storm surge and tides and damage to any coral or coastal marine life from sedimentation and pollution ---

WOULD YOU PAVE OVER 40% of EACH ISLAND in your chain??? Where's your critical thinking on this??? Where's your environmental outrage on this???

People are misusing and aiding in the DESTRUCTION of those islands because they are too lazy to strategically plan their survival and YOU want US to subsidize their very dangerous and poor choices because of GWarming??

Get off my cloud...

This IS the mass extinction when people are outraged about the WRONG things and can't think straight enough to ensure their survival.. Gawd bless The Darwin Awards... If they haven't already gotten a "Darwin", the govt of Maldives should get one and be in the Darwin Awards Hall of Shame...

Hmm... how about: It takes money to relocate your entire population and, by a huge margin, their primary income is tourist dollars.

And you wanna bet whether or not those new airports are taking rising sea levels into account?

Sure don't look like 3 to 6ft of SLRise was taken into account in the picture -- does it? And their economy aint gonna be worth shit -- from tourists or otherwise it they don't stop the erosion and start planning for more sustainable building there..

You got several islands there within a couple hours by boat.. They really NEED an airport on each of them THAT TAKES UP 40% of the AVAILABLE LAND???

The Maldives is an archipelago consisting of over 1,200 islands.

Additionally, who says there were no forest fires before man? If man burned down ALL the forests, you may have a point. But you don't.

I am not saying there were no forest fires. There were. But humans didn't start them just as humans didn't cause warming events hundreds of millions of years ago. If the latter means that humans could not be causing the warming now, the former means that humans could not be causing forest fires now. It is the exact same logic that you just presented.

Hey Crick .. I'm not busting on you for no reason.. We both consider ourselves ardent environmentalists, but you're not thinking like one wrt to all those Maldive airports.. So I'm gonna try and focus you here on the enviro nightmare they caused with that picture I posted..

Lemme prompt your instincts here.. We have an argument in this country over rainwater disposal.. Many places have now put in "rain tax" that measures the amount of CONCRETE AND ASPHALT on you property and boosts your water/sewage bill to account for the proper "run-off" and water treatment control...

Massive amounts of paving and impermeable land promote MASSIVE erosion and drainage problems.. If you lived on island that was shifting it's shores and subsiding and subject to tropical storm surge and tides and damage to any coral or coastal marine life from sedimentation and pollution ---

WOULD YOU PAVE OVER 40% of EACH ISLAND in your chain??? Where's your critical thinking on this??? Where's your environmental outrage on this???

People are misusing and aiding in the DESTRUCTION of those islands because they are too lazy to strategically plan their survival and YOU want US to subsidize their very dangerous and poor choices because of GWarming??

Get off my cloud...

Again, the Maldives consists of over 1,200 islands. They can spare two. I strongly suspect the islands being used were uninhabited.

Could you elucidate? Which scale and what is the issue?

Logic? Where?

Get off my cloud...

Again, the Maldives consists of over 1,200 islands. They can spare two. I strongly suspect the islands being used were uninhabited.

And you're not worried that the runways will cause them to sink even further? What can we land on the Maldive, seaplanes?

Once again, you take the indirect route. Sea level cannot be rising in the Maldives because they're building two airports.

Why don't you just show us some real data - satellite altimetry and/or isostatically corrected tidal gauge data?

It's like Time Warner warning about sea levels, AGW, etc. yet spending, what a billion, to move to Hudson Yard -- which is located right on the Hudson!

161024-30-hudson-yards-feature1.jpg

It's like Time Warner warning about sea levels, AGW, etc. yet spending, what a billion, to move to Hudson Yard -- which is located right on the Hudson!

161024-30-hudson-yards-feature1.jpg

Given the value of the real estate on Manhattan, I'd expect a seawall of substantial proportions.

Manhattan plans to build a massive $1 billion wall and park to guard against the next inevitable superstorm

New York Harbor Storm-Surge Barrier - Wikipedia

Army Corps wants to build a massive 5-mile seawall to prevent against the next Sandy

Staten Island's $615 Million Sea Wall Project Secures Critical Funding

A Danish company is building a $335 million seawall around New York

So, based on your logic, sea level rise driven by AGW is a proven fact.

Get off my cloud...

Why would you EVER bring in Jumbo Jets to an island that is "uninhabitated"???

You COMPLETELY ignored my points about the Environmental whackiness of INCREASING run-off, erosion, and pollution.. Maybe out of 2 of us --- only ONE of us THINKS like an environmentalist...

As I said before, it takes money to move those people and the only way they have to make money is with tourism. With 1,200 islands, they are already set up to ferry passengers about.

The Maldives is an archipelago consisting of over 1,200 islands.

It's 25 atolls... The rest of your count are simply big rocks positioned in the atolls. 80% of the people live on one island.. Ever SEEN IT???

1280px-Male-total.jpg

Probably pumping enough fresh water out of the ground to SINK that place in 30 years.. Poor planning, poor strategic outcome...

Forum List

Back