AGW and COVID-19 vaccine

Looking for your positions on two questions: Anthropogenic Global Warming and the COVID-19 vaccine

• I accept AGW theory as valid and I have gotten or will definitely get vaccinated against COVID-19

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • I accept AGW theory but I have not gotten and will definitely not get vaccinated against COVID-19

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I reject AGW theory but I have gotten or will definitely get vaccinated against COVID-19

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I reject AGW theory and I have not gotten and will not get vaccinated against COVID-19

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, ice is covered in hydrology, it flows in special ways that most geology doesn't ... no, didn't get in a geology class, had to take a history class instead, Nazi college administrators ...

Past warming isn't evidence of past warming? ... nice logic ... "If A is true, then A is false" ... this will make lawn mowing today so much nicer ...

You misunderstand climate, our 100-year averages ... what happened in this past year is called weather ... from our 100-year averages, we can say what the probability of these weather events happening in this year ... and if this weather occurred within the past 100 years, then it's not even a hundred-year event ... I've been paying attention all my adult life, have you? ... most of this that's happening today has happened before, or close enough to make no difference ...

Yes, every time you use the term "climate change" rather than "global warming" ... you are being deceptive ... using New Speak to cause fear ... because there's nothing scary about global warming, talk of changing the climate implies catastrophe ... or are you being willfully ignorant? ...
What kind of geology classes have you taken? Obviously not glaciology. And the weather events we are now seeing worldwide are not normal. The combination of fires and floods are happening in a much shorter time span than at any time in my lifetime. And a warming globe is changing the climate.

lol........one person died in DC in July from Covid.....d0y. Again.......all noise. The only important # is that over 100 million Americans arent vaccine "hesitant". They arent taking the jab........ever. This past month has seen fully vaxed numbers go from 48.3% to 49.1%. :up: Covid case numbers are almost insignificant and death numbers near zero. Not a real impressive pandemic..........the black plague.........hold my beer. 50% of the public knows they are getting hosed ( 65% of blacks btw)

None of the Covid obsessed progressives have stopped driving in the past year.......fcuking bozos should. :deal: Because their chances of dying in a traffic fatality right now waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay higher than the chances of dying of Covid.

Oh.....did I mention the over 100 million?:stir:
99.5% of Covid deaths in Maryland unvaccinated. Similar trend in other states. So, our "Conservatives" are all working for the Darwin Award. Well, good for them, I say. More power to them, and may many happy intubations be their fate. Maryland Says 100% Of June Covid Deaths Were Among The Unvaccinated, As Early Data Shows Similar Trend Nationally

Last edited:
What a cop-out ... you fully admit now you can't prove AGW Theory ... and thus demand we prove it's false ... that's not how science works ... your claim, your obligation to provide proof, or at least evidence ... and extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence ...

The geological record is not accurate enough to resolve yearly changes in temperatures ... and the ice core data isn't geology, it's ice ... and are you assuming not one milligram of the ice has ever melted over the past 2.5 million years? ... how wrong could you be ... the very evidence of warming would be lost in the ice core record due to melting ... what a geologist would call a "discontinuity" ...

Do we need to provide the means for non-AGW warming when the ice core record shows an abundance of evidence of this? ... obviously, something other than man-kind can cause, and has caused, these temperature swings ... and until we figure out how, why and when; it's disingenuous to say these natural processes have stopped ...

Also note that global temperatures have been higher than the IPCC predictions ... yet no evidence of catastrophe ... none ... looks like the worst thing that will happen is the Vermont fall color celebrations will be delayed a week or so ... Iowa growing season will be a little longer ... and it will still suck to live in snow country ...
No evidence of catastrophe from higher temperatures? Are you fucking blind? The is the second year of extreme fires for the West. And we are losing vast amount of agricultural production because of that, even as farmers are losing their farms and livelihood. The fact that you do not realize that a scientific Theory can never be proven, only falsified shows me you have never understood the basis of science at all. And now we are getting really extreme floods worldwide. Because there are natural processes that can cause climate changes means that mankind cannot? So, because you can die of pneumonia means that a bullet cannot kill you? That seems to be your logic.

The normal peak for this cycle was reached between 6000 and 8000 years ago. And the Milankovitch Cycles do not align exactly the same way for every ice age and interglacial. If you actually knew anything about them, you would know that. The peak that we are creating now is solely due to AGW.
No. It wasn't. We are 2C below peak temperatures of PREVIOUS INTERGLACIAL CYCLES.

Englander 420kyr CO2-T-SL rev.jpg

The normal peak for this cycle was reached between 6000 and 8000 years ago. And the Milankovitch Cycles do not align exactly the same way for every ice age and interglacial. If you actually knew anything about them, you would know that. The peak that we are creating now is solely due to AGW.
Why would this interglacial cycle have a peak temperature 2C below the other interglacial cycles?

What a fucking lie. And over 95% of the Covid deaths now are among the unvaccinated. I have no sympathy for those who refuse to be vaccinated, they are Darwin Award winners, unless they are under 12. Go ahead, show a link to that. You cannot because it is not true. And just 3 dumbass states account for 40% of the Covid deaths now, Missouri, Texas, and Florida.

No YOU lied since two studies (Israel and the CDC) have come out showing that the vast majority people getting infected are those who have already been vaccinated, and the Delta Variant appears to be unaffected by the vaccine.

Worldwide, the death rate from COVID is 2.1%

For the lambda variant, it's 9.3%

The long term disability rate is way, way higher than that.

If driving is more dangerous for you than that, I suggest driving a car that has working brakes.

The scientists have been right about everything, again. Exactly as they predicted, new deadlier variants arose, the vaccine largely protects against them, there are almost no deaths from the vaccine, and almost all COVID deaths are now among the unvaccinated.

No, that is a leftist math you are pushing, here is what is going based on actual numbers, without adding the 100 million infected but not hospitalized in America alone:

Coronavirus Cases:​

view by country

Deaths:​

Recovered​

===

Open Cases

Currently Infected Patients

14,938,537 (99.4%)
in Mild Condition

90,073 (0.6%)
Serious or Critical

Closed Cases

Cases which had an outcome:

179,295,578 (98%)
Recovered / Discharged

4,233,071 (2%)
Deaths

It will drop to 1% over time and if adding the 100 million infected but not hospitalized, the death rate will get even lower....

Last edited:
No YOU lied since two studies (Israel and the CDC) have come out showing that the vast majority people getting infected are those who have already been vaccinated, and the Delta Variant appears to be unaffected by the vaccine.
Your claim is FALSE. It has been widely reported that 97% of patients being admitted to US hospitals for COVID infections are unvaccinated and roughly 85% of those have the Delta variant. Vaccinated individuals are still getting infected with the Delta variant, but their symptoms range from mild to none. Vaccines do not kill antigens; people's immune systems, trained by vaccines to enhance their response to certain antigens, do. Delta variant viral loads in vaccinated but infected individuals appear similar to those in unvaccinated individuals, but the symptoms in the two groups are NOT. Unvaccinated individuals have a very high risk of getting infected by the Delta variant and a MUCH higher risk of requiring hospitalization and death.

I think we need to discuss the actual meaning of the term "INFECTED". Our body tolerates the presence of limited quantities of a wide range of harmful antigens. The world is filled with fungus, bacteria, and virus particles that enter our body 24/7. Our normal immune systems are able to overcome the vast majority of these antigens unless we run into one like SARS-COV2 that is novel (and thus does not trigger an immune response) or enters our body in overwhelming numbers. The definition of "infected" is that the body is "affected" by the invading organism. A vaccinated individual with a discernible presence of the Delta variant but remains asymptomatic, is not accurately described by the term "infected".

Last edited:
No, that is a leftist math you are pushing, here is what is going based on actual numbers, without adding the 100 million infected but not hospitalized in America alone:

Coronavirus Cases:​

view by country

Recovered​

===

Open Cases

Currently Infected Patients

14,938,537 (99.4%)
in Mild Condition

90,073 (0.6%)
Serious or Critical

Closed Cases

Cases which had an outcome:

179,295,578 (98%)
Recovered / Discharged

4,233,071 (2%)
Deaths

It will drop to 1% over time and if adding the 100 million infected but not hospitalized, the death rate will get even lower....
What point do you believe these numbers support? A link to your source would be nice as well.

No, that is a leftist math
I see. Simple arithmetic is now a liberal conspiracy. No wonder you reject most science.

Coronavirus Cases:
view by country

Now come the arithmetic thing.

4233071/198557259 = .021 = 2.1%. You know, just like I wrote.

So, 2.1% is the global death rate from COVID. However, in Peru, where the lambda variant dominates, the death rate is 9.3%.

I haven't heard of any recent flu having a 9.3% death rate. It seems describing COVID as "not even as bad as the flu" would be wildly incorrect.

What point do you believe these numbers support? A link to your source would be nice as well.

The link is right there in front of you, the point is that very few die from it, 98% and increasing over time makes that clear.

I see. Simple arithmetic is now a liberal conspiracy. No wonder you reject most science.

Now come the arithmetic thing.

4233071/198557259 = .021 = 2.1%. You know, just like I wrote.

So, 2.1% is the global death rate from COVID. However, in Peru, where the lambda variant dominates, the death rate is 9.3%.

I haven't heard of any recent flu having a 9.3% death rate. It seems describing COVID as "not even as bad as the flu" would be wildly incorrect.

I posted this:

4,233,071 (2%)
Deaths

You didn't refute anything, not only that that number will get smaller as the 99% of people (in mild condition) recovering will be accounted in the RECOVERED column.

I notice you didn't account for the estimated100 million suspected of being infected and not sick enough to die from, which drives the death rate a lot lower.

Yep you do have leftist math....

LOL

Your claim is FALSE. It has been widely reported that 97% of patients being admitted to US hospitals for COVID infections are unvaccinated and roughly 85% of those have the Delta variant. Vaccinated individuals are still getting infected with the Delta variant, but their symptoms range from mild to none. Vaccines do not kill antigens; people's immune systems, trained by vaccines to enhance their response to certain antigens, do. Delta variant viral loads in vaccinated but infected individuals appear similar to those in unvaccinated individuals, but the symptoms in the two groups are NOT. Unvaccinated individuals have a very high risk of getting infected by the Delta variant and a MUCH higher risk of requiring hospitalization and death.

I think we need to discuss the actual meaning of the term "INFECTED". Our body tolerates the presence of limited quantities of a wide range of harmful antigens. The world is filled with fungus, bacteria, and virus particles that enter our body 24/7. Our normal immune systems are able to overcome the vast majority of these antigens unless we run into one like SARS-COV2 that is novel (and thus does not trigger an immune response) or enters our body in overwhelming numbers. The definition of "infected" is that the body is "affected" by the invading organism. A vaccinated individual with a discernible presence of the Delta variant but remains asymptomatic, is not accurately described by the term "infected".

H ah aha ha ha, I didn't even talk about this part at all, you been drinking a lot lately?

It has been widely reported that 97% of patients being admitted to US hospitals for COVID infections are unvaccinated and roughly 85% of those have the Delta variant. Vaccinated individuals are still getting infected with the Delta variant, but their symptoms range from mild to none. Vaccines do not kill antigens; people's immune systems, trained by vaccines to enhance their response to certain antigens, do. Delta variant viral loads in vaccinated but infected individuals appear similar to those in unvaccinated individuals, but the symptoms in the two groups are NOT. Unvaccinated individuals have a very high risk of getting infected by the Delta variant and a MUCH higher risk of requiring hospitalization and death.

This is all I wrote you idiot!

"No YOU lied since two studies (Israel and the CDC) have come out showing that the vast majority people getting infected are those who have already been vaccinated, and the Delta Variant appears to be unaffected by the vaccine."

which was a response to this idiotic statement by Old Rocks:

What a fucking lie. And over 95% of the Covid deaths now are among the unvaccinated.

I was talking about THOSE two studies nothing more.

You are pathetic.

The link is right there in front of you, the point is that very few die from it, 98% and increasing over time makes that clear.
America's hospital ICUs are filling again. Fatalities are on the rise. Many victims are suffering long term effects, some life-long. 97% of hospital admissions and more than 99% of fatalities are unvaccinated. If you think 613,000 dead Americans in one year is not worth you getting a couple shots and putting a paper mask on your face, you deserve NOTHING from me but revulsion and disgust.

America's hospital ICUs are filling again. Fatalities are on the rise. Many victims are suffering long term effects, some life-long. 97% of hospital admissions and more than 99% of fatalities are unvaccinated. If you think 613,000 dead Americans in one year is not worth you getting a couple shots and putting a paper mask on your face, you deserve NOTHING from me but revulsion and disgust.

You allegedly have a college education, but you skipped all the logic classes since you ignored my sourced data showing it is 2% worldwide and will drop when most of the mildly sick will recover.

I have a brother who is like you, a total leftish shithead and HE got sick of the the Virus LAST YEAR, following every shithole government requests, while I mask ONLY when I enter a store the request it, never otherwise, never use the mask anywhere else, live in the same town as he does.

Your continual lies are stupid to many here who are now realizing that it is the DELTA variant that is causing most of the new cases, the vaccine doesn't work against it.

The Florida hospitals are not even close to being filled up, a lie suck ups like YOU fall for so easily.

You didn't refute anything, not only that that number will get smaller as the 99% of people (in mild condition) recovering will be accounted in the RECOVERED column.
That's a purely faith-based response on your part. In your cult mind, the virus recently magically became less deadly, for reasons you won't explain.

But then, everything you post now is merely repeating your death cult's religious beliefs.

That's a purely faith-based response on your part. In your cult mind, the virus recently magically became less deadly, for reasons you won't explain.

But then, everything you post now is merely repeating your death cult's religious beliefs.

I notice you didn't addressed what I posted and yes I used a Source to back it up, you danced around it with babble.

You must be a skinny Vegetarian as your posts are composed of word salad that taste terrible!

You allegedly have a college education, but you skipped all the logic classes since you ignored my sourced data showing it is 2% worldwide and will drop when most of the mildly sick will recover.

I have a brother who is like you, a total leftish shithead and HE got sick of the the Virus LAST YEAR, following every shithole government requests, while I mask ONLY when I enter a store the request it, never otherwise, never use the mask anywhere else, live in the same town as he does.

Your continual lies are stupid to many here who are now realizing that it is the DELTA variant that is causing most of the new cases, the vaccine doesn't work against it.

The Florida hospitals are not even close to being filled up, a lie suck ups like YOU fall for so easily.

God you're stupid. The Delta variant has been the dominant strain in US hospitals since July 3rd. No one here has said anything different. Given that 97% of US hospitalizations are now unvaccinated individuals, the vaccine obviously IS effective against it, at least in preventing hospitalizations. However, it has been shown that vaccinated individuals can still transmit Delta and it was THAT point that led the CDC to modify their mask guidance to include vaccinated individuals wearing masks indoors and in crowds. I wear masks inside any store or crowd. Florida hospital ICUs ARE filling up and now pediatric facilities are getting overcrowded.

And AGW is real and a real threat. Our children and theirs will suffer mightily for our cowardice. Well... your cowardice.

While I am not impervious to making a mistake now and then, I do not lie.

God you're stupid. The Delta variant has been the dominant strain in US hospitals since July 3rd. No one here has said anything different. Given that 97% of US hospitalizations are now unvaccinated individuals, the vaccine obviously IS effective against it, at least in preventing hospitalizations. However, it has been shown that vaccinated individuals can still transmit Delta and it was THAT point that led the CDC to modify their mask guidance to include vaccinated individuals wearing masks indoors and in crowds. I wear masks inside any store or crowd. Florida hospital ICUs ARE filling up and now pediatric facilities are getting overcrowded.

And AGW is real and a real threat. Our children and theirs will suffer mightily for our cowardice. Well... your cowardice.

While I am not impervious to making a mistake now and then, I do not lie.

You are lying like hell!

The CDC director herself says it is irrelevant if you are vaccinated or not Delta variant can infect ANYONE equally.

CDC Director Makes Case Vaccination Passports are Futile, Vaccines Do Not Prevent COVID Infection or Delta Variant Transmission

Forum List

Back