Again, tiny number of U.S. counties account for most murders ….gun control not the problem.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
If guns are the issue the murder rates wouldn’t be hyper concentrated like this..,,,,

We have a political party that just will not stop violent crime because they get power and control by allowing it to increase…

The worst 5% of counties accounted for 73% of homicides. That ticked up slightly from 69% in 2014 and 70% in 2016.

Meanwhile, 52% of counties recorded no homicides in 2020, and another 16% recorded only a single killing.
————
Murders are a problem in a very small percentage of the counties in the United States,” Mr. Lott told The Washington Times.

Even in those higher-homicide counties, the crime is still concentrated, he said.

Mr. Lott crunched the data for Los Angeles County and found that 10% of the county’s ZIP codes accounted for 41% of the homicides. Another 10% accounted for 26% more.

Murder isn’t a nationwide problem. It’s a problem in a small set of urban areas, and even in those counties murders are concentrated in small areas inside them, and any solution must reduce those murders,” he wrote in his report.
————

Cook County in Illinois — home to Chicago — led the country with 775 reported homicides in 2020. It was followed by Los Angeles County at 691, Houston home Harris County in Texas at 537, Philadelphia at 495 and New York’s five boroughs at 465.

Mr. Lott’s statistics show those five jurisdictions alone combined for about 15% of the year’s homicides.

They also generally had authorities who pursued less stringent approaches to crime. Mr. Lott said the correlation with the data is tough to avoid.

Are you forgetting all the statistical evidence on gun murder and mass shootings in America?

I appreciate your attempt to deflect to other countries and so I won't add more until asked, or responded to on topic.

His post discusses crime rates in COUNTIES, not countries.
Dumb ass.
I see that now but he's really just referring to America while trying to turn it into a 'domestic' political issue.

As I said, I'll cautiously leave it at that until my response is acknowledged to be on topic.

I see that now but he's really just referring to America while trying to turn it into a 'domestic' political issue.
It is a domestic political issue.

If both parties agree on legislation, it's not a political issue.
If they don't agree, it's a political issue as the only thing that stands in the way of a solution is political differences, or simply politics.

Consider the example of capital punishment. While states were lining up to abolish it fully two-thirds of Americans supported it.

It is a domestic political issue.

If both parties agree on legislation, it's not a political issue.
If they don't agree, it's a political issue as the only thing that stands in the way of a solution is political differences, or simply politics.

Consider the example of capital punishment. While states were lining up to abolish it fully two-thirds of Americans supported it.
You raise a good point on Capital punishment, that is also true in Canada to a lesser degree.

I think it's quite universally understood as government rising above the population on the morality question.
I say no to it regardless of what the majority of the people say.

You may find some similarity with the abortion issue where 2/3rd's or more are pro-choice.

Are you forgetting all the statistical evidence on gun murder and mass shootings in America?

I appreciate your attempt to deflect to other countries and so I won't add more until asked, or responded to on topic.

Simply wrong.

You mean the fact that "mass shootings" represent about 4% of all the murders in the US?
You mean the fact that 'asault weapons' used in "mass shootings" represent <0.4% of all murders in the US?
You mean the fact black males - less than 6.5% of the US population- commit more than 60% of the murders?

What 'bout them?

Last edited:
You mean the fact that "mass shootings" represent about 4% of all the murders in the US?
You mean the fact that 'asault weapons' used in "mass shootings" represent >0.4% of all murders in the US?
You mean the fact black males - less than 6.5% of the US population- commit more than 60% of the murders?

What 'bout them?
Glad to have you expand the topic. I won't go any further with you until we get the approval of a moderator.

You raise a good point on Capital punishment, that is also true in Canada to a lesser degree.

I think it's quite universally understood as government rising above the population on the morality question.
I say no to it regardless of what the majority of the people say.

You may find some similarity with the abortion issue where 2/3rd's or more are pro-choice.
The question is, is our government "of, by, and for", the people?

Some good points in this article on that data....

There are vast swathes of the country where violent crime is very very rare, and small areas of the country where it is common. And what the MSM doesn’t tell you when they scream from the rooftops about how common “mass shootings” are is that they are almost always gang members shooting gang members. Not that this is acceptable, but it is a far different problem than random crazies picking up a gun and shooting a place up.

It ‘s criminals being criminals, and the way to deal with criminals being criminals is to arrest them and lock them up, instead of pat them on the back and tell them society made them do it.
---------------
What percentage of the people committing the murders in these jurisdictions weren’t known criminals on the police’s radar? How many of them had been arrested multiple times and let go by a “justice” system that treats repeat offenders like misbehaving children who just need a talking to?

If you want to solve a problem you first need to understand it, and the modern Left misdirects people away from the true causes. America doesn’t have a “school to prison pipeline,” it has a problem with ensuring there is an “arrest to prison” pipeline.

As long as we pretend that criminals are victims, we will get more real victims. And as long as liberals get away with claiming that guns shoot themselves, they will focus on disarming you and ensuring that you are passive victims when the criminals they enable come to get you.

Another little-known fact about recidivist criminals is that while it takes a while to finally catch them again many begin their criminal activities immediately upon release from prison. Which, of course, means their sentences were much too short in the first place.

Forum List

Back