Again: Israel strikes Syrian army

My opinion-----is <drum roll> often wrong----HOWEVER I think that Hezbollah is way beyond "seeming"-----and my
present analytic policy is-----whatever Shiite muslims do ---
is done at the behest of Iran. Right now they are busy turning Yemen upside down in preparation for an attack on
Saudi Arabia (and control of the magic black rock)-----
that attack (IMO) will be two pronged ---including a blitz
on Israel -------and maybe even some diversionary attacks
on US stuff---------

the US used those black hawk things to neutralize Osama-------a fleet of black hawks in Mecca------(IMO) might
help-----such a move----many would argue----would so inflame the entire muslim world that it is very inadvisable----
-------I am equivocal on this issue
I did some research on the Israel-Hezbollah War of 2006 a while back. I was reading about when Hezbollah first formed. They pledge allegiance to Ayatollah Khomeini and the reasoning was he was the one who was the closest to god on the planet. Hezbollah would do as Khomeini instructed because Khomeini understood the will of god better than anyone else. It is a very different way of looking at an organization. Kind of like all Catholics follow the Pope. The really scary aspect of this is if a person, such as Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of ISIS, is viewed as the person who best understands god then, theoretically at least, every single Sunni Muslim will have ultimate allegiance to him. This will not happen over time or over a region, instantly, everywhere, Sunnis would follow Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

Excellent point about that rock. Can't exactly be the end of times caliphate without that. Interesting challenge Saudi Arabia presents for ISIS. Right now there is a government who does not support ISIS. There is also a population with is 85% Sunni. ISIS has to either get the government to change its mind or the people to change theirs. Either one will do. I guessing you're guessing the same thing I'm guessing on that one.
Fact is, that Isis receives support from Saudi Arabia but the regime says that support is private.
You mean from the king directly, or indirectly, and if so which king?
From not specified non-government entities in Saudi Arabia.
Well then they would be considered private contributions. That is very different than saying Saudi Arabia is providing support, implying government support.

yeah right "very different"--------sheeeesh you is naïve.
I will help-------the KING OWNS IT ALL-------people with
money are almost exclusively his family which is huge
since the custom is ----a marriage in every village.
The king has remarkable control on everything

My opinion-----is <drum roll> often wrong----HOWEVER I think that Hezbollah is way beyond "seeming"-----and my
is done at the behest of Iran. Right now they are busy turning Yemen upside down in preparation for an attack on
on US stuff---------

the US used those black hawk things to neutralize Osama-------a fleet of black hawks in Mecca------(IMO) might
help-----such a move----many would argue----would so inflame the entire muslim world that it is very inadvisable----
I did some research on the Israel-Hezbollah War of 2006 a while back. I was reading about when Hezbollah first formed. They pledge allegiance to Ayatollah Khomeini and the reasoning was he was the one who was the closest to god on the planet. Hezbollah would do as Khomeini instructed because Khomeini understood the will of god better than anyone else. It is a very different way of looking at an organization. Kind of like all Catholics follow the Pope. The really scary aspect of this is if a person, such as Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of ISIS, is viewed as the person who best understands god then, theoretically at least, every single Sunni Muslim will have ultimate allegiance to him. This will not happen over time or over a region, instantly, everywhere, Sunnis would follow Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

Excellent point about that rock. Can't exactly be the end of times caliphate without that. Interesting challenge Saudi Arabia presents for ISIS. Right now there is a government who does not support ISIS. There is also a population with is 85% Sunni. ISIS has to either get the government to change its mind or the people to change theirs. Either one will do. I guessing you're guessing the same thing I'm guessing on that one.
Fact is, that Isis receives support from Saudi Arabia but the regime says that support is private.
Well then they would be considered private contributions. That is very different than saying Saudi Arabia is providing support, implying government support.
Its probably just an excuse.

The Syrian army consists of brave fighters that reject the caliphates imposed on Syria by Zionists and the west.

The "brave" syrian army is responsible for more than 90% of the deaths, most of which were civilians.

Hezbollah seems itching for a fight. Now the Syrian army is antagonizing Israel. I would guess Iran is desperately trying to get Israel into the conflict. I do not see what the strategy could be, unless Iran does not care if the whole Middle East burns.

on US stuff---------

Rock has been take and damaged a number of times. No magical mystery in the meteorite.
In theory, no man, not even the prophet, should be elevated above other men. No grave, tomb or relic should be worshiped. Not exactly how it is practiced through.

Always astonished how little most muslims really know about or understand their own faith. Or why they allow others to hijack their faith and misuse it.

aris---you get the ---MISS CONGENIALITY award again. I did read the Koran at a time during which I came into contact with muslims------although much of the book is startling
in that which it does advocate, lots of it does seem to
contradict that which I learned from muslims that THEY BELIEVE ----the "they" in this instance were Pakistanis and
indian muslims-----who seemed to me to be closely related
the GENGHIS KHAN ------in personality. There were parts
that I concluded that muslims I encountered had MISSED

The bible can be seen as harsh. It was the times they lived in, the way life was when the text were written. The bible shows the reality and the "sins" of men but it is as a whole not about violence or punishment. The books were not meant to be taken piecemeal but have a moral that people are supposed to learn from.
You can tell a child not to touch the fire but till it actually gets too close or sees someone else get hurt it does not really understand. If the texts show the worse, then the reader will understand why such behavior should be avoided. Sometimes you have to scare the children a bit to keep them from acting up. Love means being firm with a child when you need to be. Kids don't really understand at the time how much the parent is hurting inside but a hug and kiss is not always the proper response to bad behavior.
Some people speak softly, while others always have a gruffness to their speech. Sometimes it is not the words but the tone of voice and facial expression that tell the real story. Not sure how to really explain perhaps you have been around people who curse and use four letter words constantly but they are still big teddy bears inside. It is just they way they speak. If someone only read the text and never saw or knew the person they might think the person objectionable.
Arabic has it's own beauty but a stranger might not think of it as a romantic language.
It is a bit like listening to some rap that might seem vulgar or violent but to people that hear that type of language all day they get beyond the language to the meaning of the song as a whole because it reflex their life. A love ballad, all flowers and sweetness, would be sappy or artificial to them.

What is very different is whether or not there is any official stamp on the support. I would say there is little question Iran's government is giving support to parties in Yemen. I do not think there is such a clear link between the government of Saudi Arabia and ISIS.

The "brave" syrian army is responsible for more than 90% of the deaths, most of which were civilians.

Hezbollah seems itching for a fight. Now the Syrian army is antagonizing Israel. I would guess Iran is desperately trying to get Israel into the conflict. I do not see what the strategy could be, unless Iran does not care if the whole Middle East burns.

on US stuff---------

Rock has been take and damaged a number of times. No magical mystery in the meteorite.
In theory, no man, not even the prophet, should be elevated above other men. No grave, tomb or relic should be worshiped. Not exactly how it is practiced through.

Always astonished how little most muslims really know about or understand their own faith. Or why they allow others to hijack their faith and misuse it.

aris---you get the ---MISS CONGENIALITY award again. I did read the Koran at a time during which I came into contact with muslims------although much of the book is startling
contradict that which I learned from muslims that THEY BELIEVE ----the "they" in this instance were Pakistanis and

The bible can be seen as harsh. It was the times they lived in, the way life was when the text were written. The bible shows the reality and the "sins" of men but it is as a whole not about violence or punishment. The books were not meant to be taken piecemeal but have a moral that people are supposed to learn from.
You can tell a child not to touch the fire but till it actually gets too close or sees someone else get hurt it does not really understand. If the texts show the worse, then the reader will understand why such behavior should be avoided. Sometimes you have to scare the children a bit to keep them from acting up. Love means being firm with a child when you need to be. Kids don't really understand at the time how much the parent is hurting inside but a hug and kiss is not always the proper response to bad behavior.
Some people speak softly, while others always have a gruffness to their speech. Sometimes it is not the words but the tone of voice and facial expression that tell the real story. Not sure how to really explain perhaps you have been around people who curse and use four letter words constantly but they are still big teddy bears inside. It is just they way they speak. If someone only read the text and never saw or knew the person they might think the person objectionable.
Arabic has it's own beauty but a stranger might not think of it as a romantic language.
It is a bit like listening to some rap that might seem vulgar or violent but to people that hear that type of language all day they get beyond the language to the meaning of the song as a whole because it reflex their life. A love ballad, all flowers and sweetness, would be sappy or artificial to them.
Who would you pick as the person currently living who best understands your god?

What is very different is whether or not there is any official stamp on the support. I would say there is little question Iran's government is giving support to parties in Yemen. I do not think there is such a clear link between the government of Saudi Arabia and ISIS.
There is:

"The Free Syrian Army (FSA), the “moderate” armed opposition in the country, receives a lot of attention. But two of the most successful factions fighting Assad’s forces are Islamist extremist groups: Jabhat al-Nusra and the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), the latter of which is now amassing territory in Iraq and threatening to further destabilize the entire region. And that success is in part due to the support they have received from two Persian Gulf countries: Qatar and Saudi Arabia."
Saudi Arabia and Qatar promise cut off support for ISIS Al-Nusra US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

There is:

"The Free Syrian Army (FSA), the “moderate” armed opposition in the country, receives a lot of attention. But two of the most successful factions fighting Assad’s forces are Islamist extremist groups: Jabhat al-Nusra and the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), the latter of which is now amassing territory in Iraq and threatening to further destabilize the entire region. And that success is in part due to the support they have received from two Persian Gulf countries: Qatar and Saudi Arabia."
Saudi Arabia and Qatar promise cut off support for ISIS Al-Nusra US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
Steve Clemons, Washington editor at large for The Atlantic and editor of Atlantic Live, wrote that and he gave no indication where he got that from. To me those are empty words.

There is:

Steve Clemons, Washington editor at large for The Atlantic and editor of Atlantic Live, wrote that and he gave no indication where he got that from. To me those are empty words.
Articles are written by people.

on US stuff---------

Who would you pick as the person currently living who best understands your god?

I'm a bit of an agnostic. I'm no great fan of organized religion but would like to think there is force of some kind. If there is a god, I expect we all carry a bit within each of us.
An angry god that punishes humans.....not really. A jealous vengeful god lashing out at the planet, no. A war god that wants us to kill each other, absolutely not.

JMHO

Forum List

Back