AG Barr: FBI Investigation A Historic Travesty

AG BARR: FBI INVESTIGATION A HISTORIC TRAVESTY

11 Apr 2020 ~~ Scott Johnson
I have been saying for quite a while that the government operation run against the Trump campaign and the Trump presidency is the greatest scandal by far in American political history. Based on the progress of the investigation he has commissioned, Attorney General Barr has arrived at the same conclusion.
That is how I read his remarks in the interview with Laura Ingraham earlier this week. RCP’s Ian Schwartz has posted video and transcript at RealClearPolitics under the headline “Barr: Russian Collusion Probe Into Trump “One Of The Greatest Travesties In American History.” I have posted the video below. This must be a preview of coming attractions.
Quotable quote: “My own view is that the evidence shows that we’re not dealing with just mistakes or sloppiness. There is something far more troubling here, and we’re going to get to the bottom of it. And if people broke the law, and we can establish that with the evidence, they will be prosecuted…

Comment:
Time, action and accountability will tell if Barr truly believes what he says. Words mean absolutely nothing when it comes to politics and politicians. Durham has been touted to do his job honestly, without bias. Let's hope that is the case...
I can't stop remembering the non-scandals of Obama's "Fast n' Furious" sales of guns to Mexican drug lords and sending an airplane load of 400 million in cash to his Ayatollahs for a total of $1.7 Billion. Sadly, it's the NYT and WP that decide what's a scandal and what is to be ignored.
I question, would this be front page news on every Mainline News outlet every day on and on if this happened to Obama or even Hillary. But, since they are among the suspects ........
I fear the end results will be... a report saying "Mistakes were made, but nobody made them."

Barr is a trump sycophant. He has no credibility.

it does not matter what you believe woman ! the evidence will [unlike the dems bull frame job] will be irrefutable !

We first need to see the SPECIFIC evidence, man! It doesn't matter what you believe, either, man! Barr has no credibility. He, himself, handed it over by his actions. He is entirely responsbile.

Yup. He misrepresented the Mueller report, Mueller had to correct him. Barr’s credibility as non partisan is non existent.

it does seem like anyone who challenges our side has no credibility.

if ANYONE said the FBI acted improperly to trump, does that remove their credibility? do you not think the FBI did act improperly?

I think I would want to see actual evidence of it, as such I trust the IG’s report, IG’s are supposed to be non partisan career people. If you are asking whether there was merit to the Mueller investigation, then I would say yes. There was Russian interference and too many interactions between Trump, his family, and the peop,e around him to ignore. If you are talking about what the IG reported on FISA abuse, that goes far beyond Trump, and needs to be addressed.

then if the russian interference happened and that alone warranted the FBI's actions to investigate trump, why the lies to FISA? all their comments of "insurance policies" and trump hate goes unchecked and forgiven?

would you allow someone to do that to obama? 100% straight up the same way.

i would not. it's bullshit for us to look away on these actions for what would appear to be no other reason that we don't like the guy they are doing it to.

and if trump & co were acting up, why setup papadopalous?

again, if your reason to investigate is valid, all these games are simply not necessary and bring their own objectivity into question.

On FISA...they looked at many FISA requests, not just the ones dealing with Trump, and found significant problems.

And “all their comments” relates to a two people.

You also have to factor Trump’s own lack of credibility, his lying about meetings etc. And we never got sworn testimony from him. That complocates the picture.

”would you allow someone to do that to obama? 100% straight up the same way.”

I kind of think they did that to Hilary (Comey).

My end feeling is that there needs to be some clean up at tbe FBI FISA program but I belive the IG when he said there was no evidence of partisan bias, just an overall abuse of the law.

but why believe comey when he says something you already agree with and barr is not objective when he says something you don't like?

i think we *all* all into that habit and then fall further back into defend our position mode. you are saying we have an abuse of the law.

so we agree there.

now - what do we do about it? hillary abused the law but didn't mean to. comey said that too. she broke the law but didn't mean to. i mean, if we're quoting comey let's bring that nugget into play again.

now the FBI broke the law - do we again say they didn't mean to? one or 2 people should be fired? and if you're not doing partisan bias WHY are you abusing said law?

if not partisan WHY are they doing exactly what they were found of doing - abusing law. i would say it's because they don't like the guy or want him out due to politics. that would be the VERY definition OF partisan bias.

however - i'm open to other reasons to do it it.

we agree they broke/abused the law. you say not for partisan bias so i'll ask w/o leading the answer -

why else would they do it?

I am getting sleepy and my brain is shutting down so I will answer this only partially.

I don’t necessarily believe Comey, what he did to Hilary days before the election, was wrong and there is an element of seeking the limelight in him. But I don’t trust Barr. He showed himself to be a political creature when he summarized Mueller’s report in an inaccurate fashion (enough that Mueller, a consummate professional, actually objected) and would not release the entire report. I had more faith in Sessions integrity than Barr’s.

I have been saying for quite a while that the government operation run against the Trump campaign and the Trump presidency is the greatest scandal by far in American political history. Based on the progress of the investigation he has commissioned, Attorney General Barr has arrived at the same conclusion.
That is how I read his remarks in the interview with Laura Ingraham earlier this week. RCP’s Ian Schwartz has posted video and transcript at RealClearPolitics under the headline “Barr: Russian Collusion Probe Into Trump “One Of The Greatest Travesties In American History.” I have posted the video below. This must be a preview of coming attractions.
Quotable quote: “My own view is that the evidence shows that we’re not dealing with just mistakes or sloppiness. There is something far more troubling here, and we’re going to get to the bottom of it. And if people broke the law, and we can establish that with the evidence, they will be prosecuted…

Comment:
Time, action and accountability will tell if Barr truly believes what he says. Words mean absolutely nothing when it comes to politics and politicians. Durham has been touted to do his job honestly, without bias. Let's hope that is the case...
I can't stop remembering the non-scandals of Obama's "Fast n' Furious" sales of guns to Mexican drug lords and sending an airplane load of 400 million in cash to his Ayatollahs for a total of $1.7 Billion. Sadly, it's the NYT and WP that decide what's a scandal and what is to be ignored.
I question, would this be front page news on every Mainline News outlet every day on and on if this happened to Obama or even Hillary. But, since they are among the suspects ........
I fear the end results will be... a report saying "Mistakes were made, but nobody made them."

it does not matter what you believe woman ! the evidence will [unlike the dems bull frame job] will be irrefutable !

We first need to see the SPECIFIC evidence, man! It doesn't matter what you believe, either, man! Barr has no credibility. He, himself, handed it over by his actions. He is entirely responsbile.

Yup. He misrepresented the Mueller report, Mueller had to correct him. Barr’s credibility as non partisan is non existent.

if ANYONE said the FBI acted improperly to trump, does that remove their credibility? do you not think the FBI did act improperly?

I think I would want to see actual evidence of it, as such I trust the IG’s report, IG’s are supposed to be non partisan career people. If you are asking whether there was merit to the Mueller investigation, then I would say yes. There was Russian interference and too many interactions between Trump, his family, and the peop,e around him to ignore. If you are talking about what the IG reported on FISA abuse, that goes far beyond Trump, and needs to be addressed.

then if the russian interference happened and that alone warranted the FBI's actions to investigate trump, why the lies to FISA? all their comments of "insurance policies" and trump hate goes unchecked and forgiven?

i would not. it's bullshit for us to look away on these actions for what would appear to be no other reason that we don't like the guy they are doing it to.

again, if your reason to investigate is valid, all these games are simply not necessary and bring their own objectivity into question.

On FISA...they looked at many FISA requests, not just the ones dealing with Trump, and found significant problems.

You also have to factor Trump’s own lack of credibility, his lying about meetings etc. And we never got sworn testimony from him. That complocates the picture.

My end feeling is that there needs to be some clean up at tbe FBI FISA program but I belive the IG when he said there was no evidence of partisan bias, just an overall abuse of the law.

but why believe comey when he says something you already agree with and barr is not objective when he says something you don't like?

i think we *all* all into that habit and then fall further back into defend our position mode. you are saying we have an abuse of the law.

so we agree there.

now - what do we do about it? hillary abused the law but didn't mean to. comey said that too. she broke the law but didn't mean to. i mean, if we're quoting comey let's bring that nugget into play again.

now the FBI broke the law - do we again say they didn't mean to? one or 2 people should be fired? and if you're not doing partisan bias WHY are you abusing said law?

if not partisan WHY are they doing exactly what they were found of doing - abusing law. i would say it's because they don't like the guy or want him out due to politics. that would be the VERY definition OF partisan bias.

we agree they broke/abused the law. you say not for partisan bias so i'll ask w/o leading the answer -

I am getting sleepy and my brain is shutting down so I will answer this only partially.

I don’t necessarily believe Comey, what he did to Hilary days before the election, was wrong and there is an element of seeking the limelight in him. But I don’t trust Barr. He showed himself to be a political creature when he summarized Mueller’s report in an inaccurate fashion (enough that Mueller, a consummate professional, actually objected) and would not release the entire report. I had more faith in Sessions integrity than Barr’s.

you mean there's a player out there NOT engaged in politics?

and you can't really pick and choose when to believe someone - esp when it coincides with what you already believe. to me that is just a bit convenient. but i think that's a human trait we all tend to do. i just try to question myself when i do it because i'm out to understand.

not be right.

but yea, long day and i think i'll go crash here too.

Comment:

Forgot to answer your first question. Just saying someone acted improperly does not remove credibility. Also, if someone in an agency acted improperly in one thing, that doesn’t mean the agency did in everything. I think the IG looked into many aspects, found a mix of good and flawed, but no evidence that there was partisan bias.

"it doesn't mean they did it in everything"

so - as a point of reference, how much are you willing to forgive of this acting improperly and from who? i just want to know when enough is enough so we can agree on a point of measurement.

I am really not sure. I suppose I would put it this way.

Abuse of power. I feel pretty strongly about, but needs to be supported by more than allegation And circumstantial claims. Abuse of power such as a president using the FBI to spy on, harrass, intimidate etc personal political rivals would be a redline. I don’t mean if there is a larger Criminal investigation that they get swept into tangentialy but if they themselves are targeted.

Another red line would be spying on US citizens with out sufficient cause (which the FISA program was SUPPOSED to be protecting us from.

ok - if that is your definition - then how does this fit into the picture?

"THE FACTS: Trump may use extraordinary rhetoric to undermine trust in the press, but Obama arguably went farther — using extraordinary actions to block the flow of information to the public.

The Obama administration used the 1917 Espionage Act with unprecedented vigor, prosecuting more people under that law for leaking sensitive information to the public than all previous administrations combined. Obama’s Justice Department dug into confidential communications between news organizations and their sources as part of that effort.

In 2013 the Obama administration obtained the records of 20 Associated Press office phone lines and reporters’ home and cell phones, seizing them without notice, as part of an investigation into the disclosure of information about a foiled al-Qaida terrorist plot.

AP was not the target of the investigation. But it called the seizure a “massive and unprecedented intrusion” into its news-gathering activities, betraying information about its operations “that the government has no conceivable right to known.”

was obamas documented spying on the press and stopping the flow of information an... "abuse of power"?

looks like a huge "redline" to me. unless everyone is lying about obama.

Actually, that is one of the few things I am very critical of the Obama Administration for.

It is an abuse of power.

But I am not sure I would call it an impeachable abuse of power in the same sense as Trump’s Ukraine call, because there were (arguably) national security interests involved in shutting down leaks and there was no personal gain or political interest involved.

But it sets a dangerous precedent.

Comment:

so we agree there.

and you can't really pick and choose when to believe someone - esp when it coincides with what you already believe. to me that is just a bit convenient. but i think that's a human trait we all tend to do. i just try to question myself when i do it because i'm out to understand.

not be right.

:p just don’t crash on your keyboard...it leaves dents on your face.

Comment:

Forgot to answer your first question. Just saying someone acted improperly does not remove credibility. Also, if someone in an agency acted improperly in one thing, that doesn’t mean the agency did in everything. I think the IG looked into many aspects, found a mix of good and flawed, but no evidence that there was partisan bias.

so - as a point of reference, how much are you willing to forgive of this acting improperly and from who? i just want to know when enough is enough so we can agree on a point of measurement.

Abuse of power. I feel pretty strongly about, but needs to be supported by more than allegation And circumstantial claims. Abuse of power such as a president using the FBI to spy on, harrass, intimidate etc personal political rivals would be a redline. I don’t mean if there is a larger Criminal investigation that they get swept into tangentialy but if they themselves are targeted.

Another red line would be spying on US citizens with out sufficient cause (which the FISA program was SUPPOSED to be protecting us from.

"THE FACTS: Trump may use extraordinary rhetoric to undermine trust in the press, but Obama arguably went farther — using extraordinary actions to block the flow of information to the public.

The Obama administration used the 1917 Espionage Act with unprecedented vigor, prosecuting more people under that law for leaking sensitive information to the public than all previous administrations combined. Obama’s Justice Department dug into confidential communications between news organizations and their sources as part of that effort.

In 2013 the Obama administration obtained the records of 20 Associated Press office phone lines and reporters’ home and cell phones, seizing them without notice, as part of an investigation into the disclosure of information about a foiled al-Qaida terrorist plot.

AP was not the target of the investigation. But it called the seizure a “massive and unprecedented intrusion” into its news-gathering activities, betraying information about its operations “that the government has no conceivable right to known.”

was obamas documented spying on the press and stopping the flow of information an... "abuse of power"?

Actually, that is one of the few things I am very critical of the Obama Administration for.

It is an abuse of power.

But I am not sure I would call it an impeachable abuse of power in the same sense as Trump’s Ukraine call, because there were (arguably) national security interests involved in shutting down leaks and there was no personal gain or political interest involved.

spying on the press is not a national security interest. if you allow a blanket statement like that to dismiss all that he did than sit back and ask yourself - what would you say if i simply said "trump had our national interests at heart" and let that cover it.

if i can't do it....

Comment:

I expect indictments then. Biggest scandal in history?
Otherwise it's all HOT FUCKING AIR

Exaclty. Lets see him make indictments and try to ride his 2 bit bullshit in a court of law.

you can bet your ass this wont be some weak ass Adam schiff bull ! get ready lefties its time to pay the piper !treason !

Yea yea, we've been hearing that shit for three years now and ZERO :sleeping-smiley-015:

uhhhh the Durham investigation started in mid 2019 ...

Comment:

Exaclty. Lets see him make indictments and try to ride his 2 bit bullshit in a court of law.

you can bet your ass this wont be some weak ass Adam schiff bull ! get ready lefties its time to pay the piper !treason !

what "treason" has there been? You are just slinging words around with no regard for there meaning.

Yea but comeon it sounds REALLY good and epic.

TREASON!!! :rolleyes:

colluding with a foreign gov to overthrow[ coup] a constitutionally elected POTUS is an act of aggression ! Treason ! are you saying that a coup is less damaging to our country than what the Rosenbergs were accused of ?

Comment:

I don't think that the FBI acted improperly. There could have been "only human" type mistakes, but Carter Page was known to the FBI years before his known involvement with the vermin's campaign. Why did the vermin choose to associate with him? Barr is a known toadie and has no credibility whatsoever.

Comment:

But I thought you Dims loved the Rule of Law. :lol:

As a citizen, not necessarily a Democrat, I do love the Rule of Law. Seeing it abused, as it has been under the vermin's administration, makes me really angry. Honor subpoenas. Follow the established procedures for rule-making by executive-branch departments. Honor the procedural rules that have long governed the House and Senate. Place people who are non-partisan in key positions.

Your "you Dims" thing is a total farce. There are only two major political parties in the U.S. The republicans CHOSE to turn their party into a pile of right-wing, cult-crazy, supremacist crap. So there is no choice but to support the other party.

Comment:

what "treason" has there been? You are just slinging words around with no regard for there meaning.

Yea but comeon it sounds REALLY good and epic.

TREASON!!! :rolleyes:

colluding with a foreign gov to overthrow[ coup] a constitutionally elected POTUS is an act of aggression ! Treason ! are you saying that a coup is less damaging to our country than what the Rosenbergs were accused of ?

But there has been no "coup." While the orange whore was "constitutionally elected", he did not win the popular vote and those citizens who did not vote for him have every right to protest again him and to try to thwart his policy goals. President Obama also was "constitutionally elected" and people plotted to obstruct him at every turn. Moreover, the orange whore has had too many loving contacts with putin and the dictator of North Korea, even siding with putin against his own intelligence agencies.

Comment:

so we agree there.

not be right.

:p just don’t crash on your keyboard...it leaves dents on your face.

Comment:

I don't think that the FBI acted improperly. There could have been "only human" type mistakes, but Carter Page was known to the FBI years before his known involvement with the vermin's campaign. Why did the vermin choose to associate with him? Barr is a known toadie and has no credibility whatsoever.

Some of you posters have not looked into history to see how this actually happens in this country. Ever read from ARCHIVES of this country; NOT the media, how Hoover tried to blackmail JFK? How JFK spied upon MLK? How Nixon did Watergate? How FDR had the press investigated he didn't like? And then, we have Obama! The people who executed these actions no matter who the President was, happened to be UNELECTED officials, all for the excuse of supposedly helping the country,even as they broke the law; our laws. They used the massive power of the state to achieve their goals, then of course used a patriotic excuse for doing it, just like some of you do!

Listen to what you people are suggesting, then reverse it and pretend we said it. What would your reaction be?

YOUR SYNOPSIS------------> A man who was never a politician runs for President, has nothing to do with states voting machinery, wins the election. He is the dumbest guy in the country according to you, but somehow managed to cheat with a another countrys help, and the power of our Federal Government can not find an iota of proof he did after a 18 month to 2 year investigation?!?!?!?!?!?! And to make this case, they had the campaign being watched by virtually every agency in the American government for at the very least, 6 months of the campaign and after he assumed the Presidency?

What is more---------->after he assumed the Presidency and was Commander and Chief, they LIED to him about being under investigation, and now we find out that they KNEW that the evidence was a hoax in January of 17, but still kept up with the investigation they claimed was not happening; had a special counsel installed, and from the evidence, he KNEW it was all fabricated also within 2 months of being installed but kept the investigation going anyway.

Then, 1 or 2 days AFTER the special counsel investigation concludes, the IG CHANGES the rules of complaints from 1st hand knowledge, to 2nd hand knowledge, so as they can bring action against him on Ukraine, trying to impeach him.............and brings the impeachment on him 11 or 12 months before the election, while trying to have his name removed from the ballot in at least one state, possibly more. And, unlike previous impeachment proceedings, this one has no bi-partisan support, it is directly down party lines.

So now, I ask you what is more plausible; what is more likely----------------->the Supposed DUMBEST President we ever had, (the way you portray him) was able right under their noses while being watched by ALL the alphabet soup agencies; and those agencies were under the guidance of the supposed most BRILLIANT President we ever had, BHO.............pulled all of this off, and nobody can prove it? Or rather, some ELECTED officials, and a whole bunch of non-elected officials need to get rid of this guy, before he screws up their Washington DC fiefdoms?

Look, you don't have to like Trump, in fact you can despise the man if that is your wish. But understand, either your side is making you look pretty damn dumb as you regurgitate this propaganda, or..................they are all DAMN DUMB as even as they had a a probe stuck up his a** monitoring everything the man did, he was able to outsmart them, and as you always tell us, he is so damn dumb, he never could have done it.

So which is it?

A. Trump is an evil genius who is absolutely brilliant!

B. BHO and all his agencies while closely watching the dumbest President ever to hold office, were so incompetent, they couldn't make a case!

C. They will do everything they can to get him out of office including fabrications before he screws the "good ole Boys and girls" club in Washington DC! And since MOST of the evidence they fabricate comes from UN-ELECTED officials, they thought they were immune from blow-back. They aren't! And as they are fired or brought down, as always, you people take the wrong side...........you choose political expediency over rule of law!

Last edited:

Comment:

It is an abuse of power.

spying on the press is not a national security interest.

Thats just a rediculous statement.

If there are top secret leaks that are published irresponsibly they could damage national security, so surveilance may be warranted depending on the details.

Comment:

Yea yea, we've been hearing that shit for three years now and ZERO :sleeping-smiley-015:

Fuck Durham, we've been hearing about Nixon Obama supposedly illegally wiretapping Trump's lines since early 2017. In three years nothing was substantiated by our assclown POTUS and his DOJ.

Comment:

Of course not. You are a lemming fuck nut.

Comment:

It is an abuse of power.

spying on the press is not a national security interest.

Thats just a rediculous statement.

If there are top secret leaks that are published irresponsibly they could damage national security, so surveilance may be warranted depending on the details.

Then great. Trump can start doing it too.

Three things about this.

1. The IG who examined the origins of the investigation concluded it was completely justified given the activities of members of the campaign. The FBI would have derelict in their responsibility not to have launched an investigation.

2. If agents in the FBI were out to sabotage Big Fat Don's candidacy all they had to do was leak the existence of the investigation to the media.

3. Billy the Bagman has already proven himself to be an untrustworthy advocate for the people's interests, only rivaled in recent times by John Mitchell.

Comment:

Don't confuse the idiots with facts.

Comment:

Why wasn't Page charged with anything, Simpleton?

The FBI perpetrated multiple frauds upon the FISA court. That has been proven. They aren't "mistakes", idiot.

Forum List

Back